Friday, March 26, 2010

NEW TRAILER FOR "THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE"

If you are like me and always find Nicolas Cage ridiculous no matter what role he takes, than you can at least watch the new "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" trailer for the amazing special effects and the charming young Jay Baruchel who is getting more and more popular these days. In the movie, Dave (Jay Baruchel) is just an average college student, or so it appears, until the sorcerer Balthazar Blake (Nicolas Cage) recruits him as his reluctant protégé and gives him a crash course in the art and science of magic. As he prepares for a battle against the forces of darkness in modern-day Manhattan, Dave finds it is going to take all of the courage he can muster to survive his training, save the city and get the girl as he becomes "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". The cast also includes Monica Bellucci and Alfred Molina, and the movie is out this July.

9 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... I agree with you about Mr. Cage. (Very interesting that he's a Coppola too.) The effects for this movie do seem neat though.

    It will be weird seeing Alfred Molina as a bad guy without the metal arms coming out of his back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did more or less enjoy some of Cage's movies, but I just find him as an actor and appearance very funny, although he likes being taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'll be "dragging" along my son to see this one. And agree about Cage. It's the hair and that bit he slices off above his ear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll be dragging him or he'll be dragging you? :) Yes, the hair also one of the problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also find Nicolas's Cage attempt to act in anything a little funny (check out niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com, it's funny). But I don't mind. :) Beter like that, than like Denzel Washington who acts 3 different roles in 2 similar genres all the time. :)

    This looks a little to childish for my taste (as intented, truth be told). But it looks entertaining. :)
    I've already seen Percy Jackson, and I liked it. So I see no problem for me to see this one also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, I would totally agree with you about Denzel being even worse than Nicholas :)))
    You liked PERCY? I didn't know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Percy a lot more than Harry Potter ( especially his last 2-3 films). There are a lot of better films in this category (kids and teens), but at least Percy is much more exciting to me than Harry Potter.
    I only wish, if they make a sequel, to see much more of adults (Gods and others) acting in this film (series). Kids and young actors can't hold this stories alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess the movie wasn't meant for us, but for the kids. That's probably the reason why I can't stand Harry Plopper :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.