Monday, December 20, 2021

FIRST POSTER FOR PERIOD SET MINI SERIES HOTEL EUROPA OR THE WHITE HOUSE ON THE RHINE COMING FROM GERMANY NEXT YEAR

    HOTEL EUROPA    
HISTORICAL MINI SERIES
We can expect a number of period set mini series coming from Germany next year (stay tuned for our list of all the historical shows to arrive in 2022) and among them is  HOTEL EUROPA (Das Weiße Haus am Rhein or The White House on the Rhine) which will air sometime next year on German
Two part mini series will air on ARD
national broadcaster ARD produced by our fave Beta Film, directed by Thorsten M. Schmidt and starring Jonathan Berlin, Benjamin Sadler and Katharina Schüttler. Today I have the first poster for the series. The movie version of the two part series premiered in October at Cologne Film Festival.

Set between WWI and WWII, the predictably sumptuous true story series portrays down the years the dreams, foibles and destinies of members of the Dreesen hotelier dynasty, owners of the Rhein hotel Dreesen, built on the very banks of the Rhine, and a popular place of stay for celebrities from many
First look at the cast of the new mini series: the Dreesens
walks of life.  It is the unbelievable and dramatic story of an entire continent, portrayed through the personal fates of the Dreesen family. In this unique hotel, where Charlie Chaplin and Adolf Hitler were sleeping wall to wall, you
Jonathan Berlin plays the lead role of Emil Dreesen
can experience the incredible history of Europe with all its ups and downs. It is a place that magically attracted and accommodated rulers of all political stripes, artists, philosophers and international stars, and in which dreams of great power, revolutions and the idea of ​​Europe were developed.

13 comments:

  1. Sleeping wall to wall?

    I destroyed my blog, Dezzy. My 100 or so readers left me except for mayby 4 or 5 and these past two years have been less than fun. I don't feel like writing anymore and I haven't drawn a picture in years. I'll stop by, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blogosphere is dead as dodo, Blue. But at least you've found love again, which is not something many can say.

      Delete
    2. Oh, wait, you literally destroyed your blog, as in erased it as I cannot find the link! Well, that's drastic, oh Randy, oh, Mandy, take your banjo and I shall take my mandolin and we shall sing it a funeral song.

      Delete
    3. Awe Blue, we'll miss you! Blogging is definitely dead. I don't think anyone left you, I just think us old timers (other than Dezzy) just don't have our hearts in it anymore. A lot have jumped shipped and moved to Tik Tok and Instagram. I'll still blog for a short while longer, as long as I'm getting paid, but I feel the end for me in that respect is very near as I focus more on my small business and less on promoting other companies to make them money. Don't be a stranger!

      Delete
    4. It is like graveyard here, thank God I always have a few thousand visitors each day so even if nobody comments I know people still read me, but it is horrible working without any feedback. Lately I've had most readers coming from Sweden, and that has been a regular here for two years now, a few days ago I had 5,000 visits from Sweden. They probably know I find them hot so they come knocking, just with some of them would ask me to marry them, I've always wanted to marry into Scandinavia.

      Delete
    5. They are a beautiful bunch. I am still miffed at my best friend's daughter for dumping her Swedish boyfriend 2 years ago because of distance. I mean, his mama bought them an apartment there and she was about to move and study abroad with him, but ended up calling it off. He is the sweetest, cutest Swede there could be. The girl needs a bop on her head for letting that one go.

      Delete
    6. Hope someone more intelligent got him in the end.

      Delete
  2. Jonathan Berlin looks much better than in Tannbach where he looked like a little boy. I'm dying to see this one, but if its so short then it may end up being superficial and cliched as Hotel Adlon and Hotel Sacher that stuck to formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He must have gotten older. It is so short, they turned it into a film LOL

      Delete
  3. I believe you wrote about this one a while back? It sounds familiar. Maybe just got delayed because of Covid, like almost everything else lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mention it about a year or so ago. It was one of them projects that started precovid and then got postponed indefinitely.

      Delete
  4. Yesss, I remember looking forward to this one! I still find it shocking to hear that Chaplin and Hitler shared a wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did hate each other later on, so yes...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.