Friday, March 17, 2023

RICHARD RANKIN IS NEW INSPECTOR REBUS AT VIAPLAY! CAST REVEALED FOR DISNEY + 19TH CENTURY LONDON SET BOXING DRAMA A THOUSAND BLOWS! MARIE ANTOINETTE GETS 2ND SEASON

   RICHARD RANKIN IS  
NEW INSPECTOR REBUS
Dicky Rankin is a hot new inspector Rebus
You already know that Nordic streamer Viaplay is planning a world expansion and it is already available in UK and some other European countries, and now they have added another English language series to their slate: Richard Rankin will play inspector REBUS in their new English original. The story follows 40-year-old Inspector John Rebus at a psychological crossroads following an altercation with an infamous Edinburgh gangster. At odds with a job increasingly driven by technocrats, involved in a toxic affair he knows he needs to end, and all but supplanted in his daughter’s life by his ex-wife’s wealthy new husband, Rebus begins to wonder if he still has a role to play – either as a family man or a police officer. Ian Rankin, no relation with Richard himself, wrote more than 20 novels about inspector Rebus.
 
   MARIE ANTOINETTE  
RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON
Beside The Gold which has been renewed at BBC, French Canal + has just renewed their MARIE ANTOINETTE series as well with Emilia Schüle returning as the queen and Louis Cunningham as Louis XVI. At the height of their power, while Marie Antoinette and Louis face an unprecedented financial crisis, the incessant attacks of Provence and Chartres against the royal couple stir up the hatred of the nobles and disastrous consequences are looming with The Affair of the Necklace. From Versailles to the Palais-Royal, the revolt rumbles! The first season starts on PBS in USA this Sunday.

   A THOUSAND BLOWS ADS  
CAST TO 19TH CENTURY DRAMA
Disney + 19th century set boxing drama and their new British original A THOUSAND BLOWS has unveiled cast! Malachi Kirby and Francis Lovehall play Hezekiah and Alec, two best friends from Jamaica who find themselves thrust into the vibrant and violent world of London’s East End in
Malachi Kirby, James Nelson Jayce, Stephen Graham
the 1880s.! Drawn into the criminal underbelly of the thriving boxing scene, Hezekiah meets Mary Carr (Erin Doherty), leader of The Forty Elephants, the notorious all-female London gang, as they battle for survival on the streets. As Hezekiah sharpens his new skills, he comes up against Sugar
Jason Tobin and Erin Doherty will also star
Goodson (Stephen Graham), a seasoned and dangerous boxer and the two are soon locked into an intense rivalry that spills out way beyond the ring. Steven Knight's 12 episode series will also star Jason Tobin, James Nelson-Joyce, Hannah Walters, Nadia Albina, Morgan Hilaire, Jemma Carlton and Caoilfhionn Dunne.

10 comments:

  1. I am a boxing fan, I'm fascinated by these all-girl gangs in Victorian London and I like Erin Doherty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are? Da scandal :) I myself cannot stand any violent sport.

      Delete
    2. When my brother was eight, and I was ten, my Mom bought him a punching ball and two pair of boxing gloves, her only request was 'train your sister"and so he did and once i was known for what he called "my superb uppercut". Now if I try to throw a punch at someone I would probavly end up on my butt. Talking about Apple, it would take more than one show to make me indulge in more expenses. It's the same story with Viaplay, I'll only subscribe when it offers me a dozen series that strike my fancy. so far, they have four and counting. At least with Paramount I get "1883" ad loving it and then I'll move to "1923".

      Delete
    3. Why did she request from him to train you, so that you would be able to defend yourself?
      I cannot stand Harrison Ford so I gave that one a wide berth, also not a fan of Mirren. I do like that sinfully gorgeous guy that plays an Indiana Jones type of character in it, I fainted when I saw his pics in costume.... what a god.

      Delete
  2. Ken Stott will always be Rebus to me but I realise that new versions of old favourites have to have their day. Funnily enough I'm reading a Rebus novel currently - there are a few shelves of books at my local launderette and I borrowed the book from there (I did seek the approval of the man who runs the launderette, I didn't just help myself). Thinking of Scots thrillers, there's never been an adaptation of any of Quintin Jardine's 'Skinner' books as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be in an all girl gang. But we’d pet kittens and learn crochet in mine. I do like the art of boxing, and took kick boxing classes for a few years. Though I never did human to human contact. Just bags. I took a self defense class where it was human contact and it made me uncomfortable putting another woman in a choke hold. I know she could kick my ass, but I didn’t want to hurt her so I didn’t do well in that class lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be able to do it either. Unless it is close contact with Leo Me Some Sutter.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.