Wednesday, October 18, 2023

SEE FIRST LOOK AT NETFLIX AND SWISS TELEVISION SNOWY ALPS SET COSTUME DRAMA WINTER PALACE! CAST FEATURES CYRIL METZGER, CLIVE STANDEN

    WINTER PALACE   
FIRST LOOK AT NEW SWISS ALPS PERIOD SET TV SERIES
With the official start of production earlier this month, Netflix has unveiled first look at WINTER PALACE  their co production with Swiss television, an eight part French and English language period drama charting the birth of winter tourism in the Alps as conceived by a Swiss hotelier and British aristocrat in the early twentieth century. Based on true events, itrevolves around ambitious proprietor Andre Morel (Cyril Metzger), who,
The series starts shooting next month
in 1899, envisions a five-star luxury hotel that will remain open throughout winter. He convinces wealthy aristocrat Lord Fairfax (Simon Ludders) to come on board, and the two find themselves battling demanding clientele, rebellious staff and a hostile climate to make their dream a reality. Manon Clavel will play the wife of Andre. Astrid Roos stars as Lady Isobel, Henry Pettigrew as Sir Conan Doyle, Clive Standen as Lance Raney, Vincent Heneine as Chef Voclain and Axel Granberger as Marcus. Swiss stars Alix Henzelin, Antoine Basler, Gaspard Boesch, Roland Vouilloz, Serge Musy and Karim Barras also star. The series will stream late next year.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting that Netflix has gone into the Gran Hotel formula. Their last period pieces have been so ghastly. I read in Variety that they are planning a several a several season biopic of JFK to replace The Crown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably would not have if it was not a project from Swiss TV.
      I have no emotion towards JFK so I cannot say I am excited.

      Delete
  2. I’d visit there in the summer, but going in the winter would be torture for me unless it offered me a cozy spot in front of the fire and no trips outside the duration of my stay. I despise cold and snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would absolutely love visiting it in the winter when there is snow, we could walk a bit outside in the mornings and afternoons and spend the rest of the day reading beside a cosy fireplace or window. An ex friend of my has an apartment at the Adriatic sea and I always told him how it would be swell if we would spend a few winter weeks there, he could study, I could translate, but he never took my point LOL

      Delete
    2. With some people you need to be more direct, it seems. That would have really been a lovely vacation!

      Delete
    3. It would have been. He constantly complained how when he takes friends there during summer they do not even pay utility bills, and I would have taken care of him while staying there, I would have cooked for us, cleaned the flat, paid the bills etc.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.