Monday, October 16, 2023

SEE THE BURNING GIRLS SAMANTHA MORTON, RUPERT GRAVES, DAVID DAWSON MINI TV SERIES TRAILER STARTING THIS WEEK ON PARAMOUNT PLUS

   THE BURNING GIRLS SERIES   
READY TO LAUNCH THIS WEEK
Paramount + is as usual terrible when it comes to marketing of their shows so it is no surprise I almost missed that their new UK original THE BURNING
Series starts October 19th on Paramount Plus
GIRLS based on the novel by CJ Tudor with Samantha Morton in the lead role, is ready to launch from October 19th which is this Thursday. 
 
   THE SERIES IS SET IN
Chapel Croft, a village haunted by a dark and turbulent history. Five hundred years ago, Protestant martyrs – including two young girls – were betrayed and burned at the stake. Thirty years ago, two teenage girls disappeared without a trace. And a few weeks ago, the vicar of the local parish hanged himself in the nave of the church. Now, Jack Brooks, a female vicar and single mum to 15-year-old daughter Flo, arrives in Chapel Croft in the hope of a fresh start. However, instead of finding peace in their new home, Jack finds the village rife with conspiracies and secrets, and uncovering the truth can be deadly in a community with a bloody past, where everyone has something to hide. Rupert Graves and David Dawson also star. Check out the trailer and tell us is it getting an amen from you?

10 comments:

  1. I probably have the book in my kindle. The story sounds very familiar. p.s It's really cold over here, this morning I had to wear my winter coat and gloves before out for a walk. Some place in Germany is already covered with snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cold here as well, it was 3 degrees this morning and will be minus 1 tomorrow morning, but at the end of the week it will again be 27*C, it is like numbers from lottery LOL Last week I went to town in my shorts and today I have taken out my padded vests. I am currently scheming what to wear tomorrow as I have to travel to Novi Sad and it will be freezing in the morning and then hot at noon. Probably just a padded vest over a striped sweatshirt.

      Delete
  2. Like Angie, the story sounds familiar. I may have read the book or have it in my online library to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it before watching the series.

      Delete
    2. I usually do. I still need to read The Nightingale. I just noticed I have that on my Netflix queue and was tempted to watch it this weekend, but stopped myself because I really like reading the books first and building the characters and scenes in my mind before being tainted with another's view.

      Delete
    3. I skipped that one, methinks

      Delete
    4. I've been hearing for years that it's one that I absolutely MUST read, even though it didn't sound like one I'd enjoy. Too many people have recommended it to me though for me to ignore it. I do have it earmarked to read after I finish my current book though, so I'll let you know if it's any good.

      Delete
    5. I do not have strength to read war books, I had to read one about Jasenovac camp in Croatia where they were killing Serbian children, because the writer is a dear friend and I had to write a review for my publisher, and although the book was great, it is just too difficult a topic for me to choose it myself.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.