Friday, October 20, 2023

SEE HUGH JACKMAN, NICOLE KIDMAN IN MAJESTIC FARAWAY DOWNS EPIC TV SERIES BASED ON BAZ LUHRMANN'S MOVIE AUSTRALIA

 FARAWAY DOWNS TRAILER  
TV SERIES BASED ON AUSTRALIA
Although his Australia movie did prove a massive flop back in the days, Baz Luhrmann has now turned it into a six part series FARAWAY DOWNS with additional materials and it is set to launch November 26th on Hulu staring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. She plays an English aristocrat, Lady Sarah Ashley who travels halfway across the world to confront her wayward husband and sell an unusual asset: a million-acre cattle ranch in the Australian Outback called Faraway Downs. Following the death of her husband, a ruthless Australian cattle baron, King Carney (Bryan Brown), plots to take her land and she reluctantly joins forces with a rough-hewn cattle drover (Jackman) to protect her ranch. The sweeping adventure romance is explored through the eyes of young Nullah (Brandon Walters), a bi-racial Indigenous Australian child caught up in the government’s draconian racial policy now referred to as the “Stolen Generations.” 

8 comments:

  1. They make a great screen couple..though I am not a fan of both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always rather thought it would have been better if the role went to Cate Blanchett instead of Kidman who is too wooden. Jackman, Roxbourgh and Brown were great in it, though

      Delete
  2. Like many, I hated the movie. Baz is a sucker for punishment. What makes him think this is going to be a success? Moreover, Kidman and Jackman are a bit long-in-the-tooth to play a dashing leading couple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the film itself was majestic, some of the most beautiful scenes ever shot on film, but Nicole ruined it all. Just like Zeta Jones would have been better in MOULIN ROUGE Blanchett would have been better here. He always had terrible casting, like casting Leo or Austin Butler etc. I do love his visual style though.

      Delete
  3. You know I'm not a huge fan of Nicole, but sometimes I can stomach her long enough get through a viewing. This one, I could do. I'll be honest and admit that I've never watched Jackman in anything. Wasn't he a super hero or something recently? I may decide I hate him more than her though and turn it off before finishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is impossible to hate Hugh, he is the nicest man in Hollywood, kind, caring, sweet, hot as eff, educated, smart, a true gentleman, he is one of a kind, he is what you would imagine a prince. I am surprised you have not watched The Greatest Showman on Earth, he was outstanding in it. Also in Van Helsing. The world has lost a lot when they did not give him Bond role.

      Delete
    2. You know, I did watch The Greatest Showman a few years back now that you mention it. Though I know it was a big deal for many, it was just meh for me so that's why I didn't remember ever seeing him in anything. Yes, he did seem like a lovely actor from what I recall of the film. Allison was dating that one boy (the one that was in denial about being gay, methinks) that I didn't care for much during the height of this movie and he was always wanting to watch it when he was over. I try to block that all from that time period from my memory.

      Delete
    3. The music acts in it were oustanding, there is no other musical with so many massive world wide hits.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.