Thursday, October 5, 2023

SEE TRAILER FOR APPLE TV + PERIOD SET SERIES THE BUCCANEERS SET IN THE 1870'S LONDON HIGH SOCIETY

 THE BUCCANEERS SERIES 
LOCK UP YOUR LORDS!
The series starts November 8th on Apple
Apple TV Plus has unveiled first trailer and air date for their new period set drama THE BUCCANEERS which will open with three episodes on November 8th and will then air the rest weekly. I have to say the cast in the trailer looks godawful, at least the younger part of it, such a sad miscast of mediocre faces and talentless brats.
 
THE SMALL SCREEN
 adaptation of Edith Wharton’s unfinished final novel of the same name, has the story set in 1870s London. It follows a group of fun-loving young American girls who explode into the tightly corseted London season and kick off an Anglo-American culture clash as the land of the stiff upper lip is infiltrated by a disregard for centuries of tradition. Sent to secure husbands and titles, the buccaneers’ hearts are set on much more than that, and saying “I do” is just the beginning! The cast does not boast a lot of famous names, but Christina Hendricks stars as Mrs. St. George, Josh Dylan as Lord Richard Marable, Guy Remmers as Theo, Duke of Tintagel, Matthew Broome as Guy Thwarte and Barney Fishwick as Lord James Seadown. Check out the colourful trailer below and tell us what you think:

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! They are plain, poor things, and soooo Generation X, and the soundtrack sounds hopeless. Something tells me Apple won’t get far with its period dramae. Something tells me that I should drop Apple and get BritBox. At least to watch the original Buccaneers, where everybody was gorgeous. I remember when Nan (Carla Gugino) met Guy (Greg Wyse,) sparks flew, but these two. Bitch, please!
    In the original novel, there were no gay characters (although Wharton had problems with her real-life lover who was bisexual ad compulsively unfaithful) In the 90s version, Nan leaves the Duke after learning he is having a liaison with a stable boy. I wonder if they’ll retain that subplot here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks even worse than I thought, not visually, but the cast all mediocre faces and tweensy expressions.
      I do love the sound of dukes affair with the stable boy LOL

      Delete
  2. This is a big nope for me. I can’t do tweensy crap anymore. Allison wants me to watch shows like Bridgerton and I just can’t with that nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather strangle myself than watch Bridgerton, cannot stand the actors in it nor the whole travesty.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.