Monday, December 8, 2014

SPOTLIGHT AND CHARACTER PHOTOS FOR THE SECOND SEASON OF 'THE MUSKETEERS' EPIC ADVENTURE TV SERIES WITH LUKE PASQUALINO, MARC WARREN, SANTIAGO CABRERA

'MUSKETEERS' SECOND SEASON
17TH CENTURY ADVENTURE CONTINUES THIS JANUARY
Although January often gets the title of the Sleepy Month, the upcoming one will bring us the return of the historical adventure series THE MUSKETEERS which will air the first episode of the second season on January 2nd in United Kingdom at BBC and January 17th at BBC America in USA. Although the first season left a lot to be desired (the lack of vivacious, dynamic and flamboyant atmosphere that is the essence of the Musketeers tales, uninspired stories and some truly bad acting performances), we still look forward to the new episodes to see whether the series will finally find its spirit, direction and focus. 

THE NEW OPPONENT IS HERE
Based on the classic stories by Alexandre Dumas and created by Adrian Hodges (''My Week With Marilyn'') THE MUSKETEERS were last year aired in more than 140 countries around the world! It will again be set on the streets of seventeenth century Paris, where law and order is more of an idea than a reality. The producers promise a new, unexpected direction of the plot and also the show getting much sexier! Also, instead of the Cardinal Richeleu (played in a rather lifeless, frigid and uninspired way by Peter Capaldi last year) now the four boys will have a new and deadly opponent – the Comte De Rochefort!

CHARISMATIC D'ARTAGNAN
Charismatic Luke Pasqualino returns in the role of D'Artagnan,  who finally earned the title of a Musketeer in last season. D’Artagnan is charismatic, impulsive and ridiculously brave with a fierce appetite for justice.
SEDUCTIVE ARAMIS
Brave and seductive Aramis is played by Santiago Cabrera. Charming but deadly, a great lover and a great fighter - Aramis is a man of fascinating contrasts.
RESOURCEFUL ATHOS
Always mysterious and quiet Athos is played by Tom Burke.  Athos is brave, resourceful and a natural leader of men. But he nurses a dark secret in his past.
LOYAL PORTHOS
Raising from poverty into finding a family among the Musketeers is Porthos, played by Howard Charles.  He is a great fighter, a loyal friend and a man who lives life to the full.
DEADLY MILADY
Maimie McCoy again plays Milady de Winter a deadly and merciless assassin. She is the most mysterious and beautiful of villains!
COURAGEOUS CONSTANCE
Tamla Kari returns as Constance, who, yearning for escape from her uneventful marriage, finds excitement, romance and danger when d’Artagnan comes crashing into her life.
COMTE DE ROCHEFORT
Marc Warren is tempestuous, tortured and obsessive Comte de Rochefort, who returns to the court nursing disdain for The Musketeers and will thus prove to be a deadly and manipulative opponent for them.
THE CLEVER QUEEN
Ruling the court and supporting her flimsy husband again is Alexandra Dowling as Queen Anne, who intimidates her husband with her cleverness and her wit. Will her and Aramis continue an affair in the new season? 

38 comments:

  1. These musketeers are so realistic, love their uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the male costumes are probably the best part of the show (unlike the female ones which looked cheap and clumsy in the first season)

      Delete
  2. I agree! The male costumes are pieced together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so many details on them, and they look great on the screen too!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, but that's a sexy bunch of men. Makes me want to clad myself all in leather and go for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try it, dear, hubby might like it :)

      Delete
    2. I imagine he would. If he didn't die from the shock of it that is.

      Delete
    3. twould be a sweet death methinks :)

      Delete
  4. I wonder how many animals were killed to make their leather outfits ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to be a Musketeer... the ladies look shabby but not chic. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one of them? Yep, the costumes for the ladies were a bit sad in the first season too

      Delete
    2. They all resemble heavy parlor curtains. I don't like the lack of finishing edges, darts, hems - sloppy. The last dress is a bit better than the previous two.
      I have experience tailoring, repairing costumes and actual period garments.

      (One of my repair pieces is in the Smithsonian. A 1929 black velvet evening gown with black crystals and white rhinestones. The owner donated it. Fabulous dress.)Oops bragging.

      Delete
    3. Outside male costumes, the rest of the show did have a cheap feeling with female costumes being uninspired and the sets (I think they shot in Czech republic) being poor too, but I'm guessing they had a limited budget

      Ooh, how exciting, what is your profession, are you a tailor or a seamstress or a designer?

      Delete
    4. I was thinking the same thing Dixie.

      I would so love to see the gown you've got in the Smithsonian. That is an impressive accomplishment and an honour. I also want to know who owned it.

      Delete
    5. Dez and Anne.
      I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree - painting, drawing, sculpting, woodcuts. Same time - I also attended a small vocational school, wanting to make my own clothes. After college I worked with a costumer who was consigned by the Hollywood crowd on the east coast. It was very interesting but it wasn't my first love. I'm not a seamtress or designer. (I do like to manipulate patterns for a unique look - for me.)
      Walter Lantz (the cartoonist) is part of my family. I've met many members, but never him. One of those family members spoke with my Garndmother, mentioning she wanted the dress restored. (The Smithsonian does not pay for clothing but takes all sorts of donations. This member, Hattie Lantz, wanted to donate her 1929 velvet dress, but it had issues she wanted addressed before sending it.) My Grandmother referred her to me.(smile) At the time it didn't seem like a big deal. (I know the Smithsonian may never display the dress. Their goal is archival, yet it may end up in a "period display," with a clothing collection from the same time period.) It was more a favor to my Grandmother. (I did see the letter of acceptance of the dress but unfortunately I don't have a copy. At least that would have given me the donation file number. I know I'm not "named" because I'm not the contributor.)
      I can certainly understand budget constraints but garment construction shouldn't be affected. Look at the male costumes - every detail is yummy. Maybe the purpose is solely to showcase them. They are the drawing card!
      Sorry about the long comment. Thanks for your interests!

      Delete
    6. you should post a photo of it at your place sometime :)

      Delete
    7. I might contact the Smithsonian. I have no photos or anything. Sad now, I guess, but at the time it was "making money" and little else thought.

      Delete
    8. why didn't you continue with sewing or making costumes?

      Delete
  6. Nice! And the costumes are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, those musketeers are hot. I love those costumes.

    And thanks so much, Dezzy, for your kindness over my loss. It means a lot. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will you be getting a new cat?

      Delete
    2. probably not. At least for a while. If we did, it would only to fill the hole that is there. That, to me, seems too selfish.

      Delete
    3. when my cat Budislava died in a car accident two years ago the hole was filled by her four orphaned one month old sons whom I had to raise and take care of after that. Her son Ignatius still rules the courtyard :)

      Delete
    4. my cats always have the best of names, Budislava means 'always awake', her mother was called Zagorka or Zaga, while her grandmother (the queen mother of the whole lot) was Grozdana aka Grozda and her brother was Gorgonzolla :)

      Delete
  8. Howard Charles looks just like some awful American actor I can't think of the name

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow! Those costumes are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can check it out at BBC America next month :)

      Delete
  10. Great costumes! They're perfect for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Men in Boots... Scary leather outfits, alright. :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. And why is Marc Warren touching his sword?

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.