Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TRAILERS FOR KATHLEEN TURNER'S "THE PERFECT FAMILY" & JESSEE MCCARTNEY'S "CHERNOBYL DIARIES". MICKEY ROURKE IS THE DEVIL IN "DEAD IN TOMBSTONE" MERLE RETURNS TO "THE WALKING DEAD"

One of the films I've reported about a couple of times last year, since it was shot here in Serbia, CHERNOBYL DIARIES has finally released its first trailer.
Coming from Oren Peli, the director of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, and premiering this May, the story of this horror film revolves around a group of young friends who find themselves stranded in the abandoned Russian town of Pripyat, near the Chernobyl nuclear disaster site, and they discover they are not alone. I'm guessing they've chosen Serbia's capital Belgrade to shot the film there since it still has countless ruins left after the Americans have bombarded one of the biggest cities in that part of the Europe turning centuries old buildings, bridges, schools, houses and monuments into rubble and dust quicker than any nuclear catastrophe would do it. The cast of the film is lead by handsome pop star Jesse McCartney.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
It seems that after playing evil king Hyperion in worldwide blockbuster IMMORTALS last year, Mickey Rourke is planning to continue in the same manner: he will appear in action western DEAD IN TOMB
STONE which follows Guerrero Hernandez (Danny Trejo), the leader of a Mexican group of outlaws who is double-crossed by his half-brother (Anthony Michael Hall) while trying to break him out of prison. One year later, Hernandez makes a deal with the Devil (Mickey Rourke) to be resurrected so he can seek revenge on his half-sibling, in a town fittingly named Tombstone. The shooting starts next week. Speaking of the unholy beings, "Deadline" reports that comic book GRAVEL will get its movie adaptation: it follows William Gravel, a soldier in the British S.A.S. who uses his skills in dark magic to moonlight and battle supernatural beings for clients in order to make some extra cash. Meanwhile, interesting piece of news for the fans of THE WALKING DEAD, which just finished its second season with a shocking finale, is that Daryl's brother
Merle is coming back in the 3rd season. As you remember they've left him handcuffed on top of a building and he cut off his hand in order to escape the zombies. It's not known if he will appear as a zombie or maybe as a member of a new survivor settlement lead by the new character, evil Governor, who will bring trouble to our heroes in the Fall
run of the show. The Michonne woman, who appeared in the finale, an utterly crazy woman wielding a katana (she lead two zombies on a chain, apparently her boyfriends whom she cut off arms and jaws so that they couldn't bite her after they've become zombies), played by Danai Gurira, has been officially added to the third season cast as well, and will become a regular.

And to brighten the horror day a bit :) here's the first trailer for dramatic comedy THE PERFECT FAMILY in which it seems that Kathleen Turner will again play something similar to her legendary SERIAL
MOM. She plays a suburban mother and devout Catholic Eileen Cleary who has always kept up appearances. When she runs for the Catholic Woman of the Year title at her local parish, an award she has coveted for years, her final test is introducing her family to the board for the seal of approval. Now she must finally face the nonconformist family she has been glossing over for years. Her gay daughter, Shannon (Emily Deschanel), a successful lawyer, is about to marry her life partner Angela (Angelique Cabral). Her unhappily married son Frank Jr. (Jason Ritter) is cheating on his wife with the local manicurist. And Eileen's own marriage to a recovered alcoholic is pulling at the seams.... The film is out this May.

50 comments:

  1. I was on the edge of my seat during the Walking Dead season finale last night. There was not enough Michonne. But it will have to do until this fall. Man, I sure need a support group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two chained zombies Michonne lead were here boyfriends whom she cut of arms and jaws so that they couldn't bite her. But she loves them and leads them on the chain like puppies. I'm shocked. Utter craziness.

      Delete
  2. Dead in Tombstone, Danny Trejo and Mickey Rourke and a bit of Anthony Michael Hall, I'm on board.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I was wondering if they'd bring back Merle in the Walking Dead. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Perfect Family looks funny. I love that kind of hypocrisy as a source of conflict and humor. :)

    One of these days I'm going to have to actually sit down and watch Walking Dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you watched SERIAL MOM, it's one of my fave of the crazy movies :)
      And you really must watch THE WALKING DEAD, darling, you would love it, all writers should watch it since it has an extremely good character development and writing when it comes to psychology and moral dilemmas

      Delete
  5. The trailer is soo sooo funny...very nice.

    I don't watch The Walking Dead but my hubby and kids watch it. Yikes, it looks creepy enough from all the sound effects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dead in tombstone sounds like it might be worth a watch. The Walking Dead's next season might actually be less whiny, I doubt it but with all these characters coming in there is a little hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing, that unlike the psychological second one, the third one will be action packed with lots of enemies in human form. You've seen the big compound in the last scene of the finale this Sunday ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah I hope that would be the case, at least bad humans are better than whiny crybaby ones.

      Delete
    3. LOL
      Poor Ricks, he really is surrounded with crybabies. I couldn't believe the things they said to him in the woods in the last scenes :( Ungrateful pricks.

      Delete
  7. The Perfect Family looks so funny. "I don't have to think, I'm Catholic!" Such a funny line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's my fave too, I laughed out loud when she said that :)) So very true ;)

      Delete
  8. The Perfect Family looks entertaining!

    One of these days I'm going to have to rent Walking Dead. Everyone raves about it and I want to start from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Perfect Family seems like an awesome movie! I love that kind of stuff! I'm definitely gonna have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's sort of different, using Chernobyl as a horror movie location.

    Though I bet the monsters are just mutants caused by radiation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww yeah Merle's coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chernobyl looks like a run-of-the-mill horror flick with no real story and the typical teenage vics.

    LOVED Walking Dead last night. Why oh why won't they kill off that bitch Laurie? It's not like she loves Rick, he's just a means to protect herself. At least Andrea got pretty cool last night, risking herself to save Carol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I couldn't believe my eyes when she turned against Ricks for protecting her and their son, especially since she was the one who made the problem between Shane and Ricks. She's such a ... INPUT ALL THE WORST NAMES YOU CAN.... AND THEN MULTIPLY WITH HUNDRED.
      Carol was also horrid when she started attacking Ricks and pushing Daryl to take over. What an ungrateful witch. And Ricks was the one who tried to save that witch's daughter. Ricks is surrounded with ungrateful gnomes of humans.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh! Don't get me started on Laurie! I was shocked when I watched it! Rick has been trying to keep that group safe and keep morals and sanity throughout and how does his own wife repay him? By literally turning her back on him. I could have slapped her myself!

      What a great ending! I can't wait until next season - adding Merle back in, great! I thought it'd be this season and I thought he'd be with those evil guys.

      Delete
    3. I swear, L, people like Laurie are the cause of most problems in the real world too. We wouldn't just slap her, she need more than that... horrid person.

      Delete
    4. She needs to get devoured by walkers, I say! LMAO on "gnomes of humanity" What an appropriate description.

      Delete
    5. she deserved what zombies did to Hershel's daughter when they bit her throat off in the finale.

      Delete
  13. "The Perfect Family" looks like MY type of movie! And Richard Chamberlain dons a priest's robe again? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dicky Chamberlain as the priest sure makes pope turn in his golden chair in VATICAN :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Dezzie - I loved this post - so much going on...it took me away from my co-hosting duties (don't tell the gang I'm hanging out here)! I love coming here and escaping in this world of make-believe!

    So...I will definitely be looking forward to Chernobyl Diaries...the trailer is such a teaser. I got right into it! (wished it was longer...like the whole movie..) :)

    I'm a fan of Kathleen Turner...she's going to rock her role as the mother in The Perfect Family. Great trailer too!

    I figured Merle wasn't out for the count...and I'm just waiting for someone to off that bitch Lori - god, another season of her and I'm going to "bite" her myself!!!

    Thanks for keeping me in the loop while I'm knee deep in being a "good" co-host. In May, I'll finally be able to come up for air.

    With smiles, Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me sister, the whole world is praying for that Lori bitch to get eaten by zombies. Don't think we've ever seen a more irritating TV character than her.

      Delete
  15. I liked Merle in the first season of The Walking Dead (probably because I liked the actor in Mallrats more than anything else).

    I'm intrigued by Chernobyl diaries, though another 'found footage' thing means it might get tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to watch the Walking Dead...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to have the hots for Ms Turner when she played in The War of the Roses. I guess that really is a thing of the past.

    For some reason I always have a problem with movies that are clearly meant to entertain the masses in which some character claims to know what it was like in Serbia or Nam or Iraq when clearly we know he's just an actor in a popcorn movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was a sex icon in the 80's and then.... something unexplained happened.

      You know I hate such films too. They are extremely dangerous.

      Delete
  18. I am a little sad that THE WALKING DEAD has finished, although I haven't seen the finale yet as it doesn't air here until friday.

    :-( But season 3 is goingn to be excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only till Friday? It must be the first time in history that the Serbs have seen something before the Brits :)

      Delete
  19. the chernobyl diaries sounds quite interesting (the belgrade stuff is terrible)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is terrible, darling, thanks for being the only one to notice that today ;(

      Delete
  20. I'll have to check out that CHERNOBYL DIARIES trailer later. I hope it's good. I like nuclear fallout. YAY for GRAVEL! Excellent WALKING DEAD news. Should prove to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, you get a notion of how much that Michonne lady is crazy :)

      Delete
  21. the finale was really good. If you need any kind of catharsis about hating Lori. I suggest reading up to issue 17. Rick finaly tells her what the fans have been screaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I hope we won't have to wait for long for that in the show, but I have a feeling we will :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.