Thursday, March 1, 2012

FUNNY TEASER FOR BEN STILLER'S "NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH"! NICOLE KIDMAN IN "BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP"! REESE WITHERSPOON, CAMERON DIAZ, BEYONCE & GWYNETH PALTROW ARE "ONE HIT WONDERS"! MARC FOSTER HELMS "COWBOY NINJA VIKING"

Some time ago I've mentioned that Steve Watson's bestselling novel BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP (which yours truly translated for the
readers in Serbia), is getting a movie adaptation helmed by Rowan Joffe and produced by Ridley Scott, in the story which follows a middle-aged woman who has a 24 hour memory span, which means that she forgets everything that happened to her after she was 20 years old every time she goes to sleep. She wakes up every morning thinking she is young and single, but discovers that she is old and married, so she starts writing a secret diary which then leads her to some strange (and if you ask me rather cheap) twists. Now, the update is that, Nicole Kidman might take the lead role, although, if you remember, the writer wanted Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet for this gig.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
I know that 90% of people can't stand Gwyneth Paltrow's singing, but she will sing again! According to "Deadline", she, Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz will take the three lead roles in ONE HIT WONDERS, as three singers who each had hit singles
in the 1990s, although their careers fizzled shortly thereafter. They decide to jump-start their careers once more by combining to form a super group. This film, coming from the creator of GLEE will also have Beyonce Knowles and Andy Samberg in the cast. Marc Foster is going to direct COWBOY NINJA VIKING, a project I've announced last year, about a secret government program to turn schizophrenics into assassins, but one of them comes through the program with the skill sets of a cowboy, ninja and a viking. While most of the patients involved in the program are sent back to insane asylum after the program went awry in Iraq, he escapes and uses his skills to track down the billionaire who masterminded the program.

The trailer I have for you today, is for a new comedy NEIGHBOUR HOOD WATCH which opens in cinemas this July and stars Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill alongside Billy Crudup in the story which revolves around suburbanite fathers who form a Neighborhood Watch group as an excuse to get away from their families but they get in way over their heads when the group uncovers a nefarious plot to destroy the world. Crudup will play one of the creepy neighbours. Check out the hilarious trailer or teaser and tell me what you think.

DON'T FORGET that this Sunday HOLLYWOOD SPY is bringing you an extensive spotlight on all the most interesting TV SHOW PILOTS for 2012/2013! From action to epics and sf! Plus, some stunning and hot pics :)The banner is on the left!

43 comments:

  1. Before I Go To Sleep is on my book wish list. Back in college I was fascinated by the various types of amnesia.

    I like the look of Neighborhood Watch. Some of my favorite comedic actors are in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's an interesting book in the first part, when it is quite scientific, although rather repetitive due to the subject matter, but the ending is very bad, instead of some great scientific twist it finishes with a cheap crime novel finale. You might like it, though.

      Delete
  2. Cowboy Ninja Viking is the mad one for me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's rather crazy, isn't it? Marc obviously didn't have enough with zombies in WORLD WAR Z, so he is now moving onto ninjas and vikings

      Delete
  3. COWBOY NINJA VIKING...giggle.
    Wow Gwyneth looks different in that shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is sometimes quite photogenic, but she has no acting talent whatsoever. She's lucky she has so many friends and family members in important places :)

      Delete
  4. Neighborhood Watch sounds great!! Love the cast.

    And no, I don't want to hear Gwyneth sing. But I like the rest of the cast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and yet, she still sings :) and appears every year at Oscars even though nobody knows why exactly.

      Delete
  5. Neighborhood Watch seems like a pretty funny movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm one of those 90% she should just let the fat lady sing and be done with it forever. Cowboy ninja viking should be interesting, nice concept to it. Not sure about neighborhood watch, as things with Stiller have really been meh as of late, especially those awful night at the museum crap movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that I think about it, the percentage might be even higher than 90% :)The Museum films did bring us some lovely actors for the first time like Amy Adams and Rami Malek :) both of whom me adores

      Delete
    2. haha yeah prob is higher. They did do that and I liked seeing Dick Van Dyke again on screen. But for a movie as a whole they weren't as good as they could have been.

      Delete
  7. I think I might laugh out loud at Neighborhood Watch. Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill make a good team in that scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be a funny one :) although, I personally, don't get comedians like Hill, but I do like Stiller when he doesn't go too far :)

      Delete
  8. Nah, I think I'll give "Neighborhood Watch" a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cowboy, Ninja, Viking...lol Ok, what an idea?!

    I want Cate or Kate, not Nicole...sounds intriguing though.

    Neighborhood Watch...looks like such a great summer flick! Zany fun! I'm a Jonah Hill fan :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate and Kate might be too good for the role :)

      Delete
  10. First off I'll say, kudos to Dez for translating Before I Go To Sleep! The subject matter is great and I hope they do it justice. I really don't like Diaz or Paltrow to be honest and a movie with both of them in it, isn't something I can watch. Now the Ben Stiller trailer looks funny, but he's can be a bit hit and miss in his movies. Overall, I think he's a good comedian and his father was a good comedian as well. I'm just not sure if I'd pay the high price of going to the Cinema to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was extremely easy to translate, Watson has a very simple and easy language, and the book was a bestseller here too.
      Ben's father was a comedian too? Didn't know that. He seems like a son of a Jewish priest or something to me :)

      Delete
  11. Cowboy Ninja Viking sounds bonkers, I love it.

    Is that Richard Ayoade in Neighbourhood Watch? If so, then count me in to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That One Hit Wonders film is going to do nothign for Paltrow in my eyes... hate her mucho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to meet a person who actually loves her, Scottie

      Delete
  13. The trailer for Neighborhood Watch is pretty hilarious. Love how they did that lil teaser there. I'm definitely interested in seeing how that one turns out.

    Cowboy Ninja Viking is one I'm definitely keeping an eye out for too. The fact that it comes from the writers of Zombieland helps too. Honestly, it sounds like some type of Bourne Identity movie with a much crazier backdrop and a wilder ride. Very interested indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...Stiller and Vaughn together again, gotta love it ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete
  15. This trailer had me smiling. I just watched Ben in Tower Heist and cracked up. This will be a DVD film for me, though.

    Before I Go To Sleep sounds like a crazy story that I just may have to check out at some point, though I will keep your warning in mind. :)

    Not sure about the One Hit Wonders thing. It doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna watch TOWER HEIST especially since it has Octavia in the cast :) Black ladies are always delighftul in comedies :)

      Delete
  16. Trailer looks rather interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cowboy Ninja Viking, they might as well should have added spaceman stormtrooper

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do all those ladies still look so good! Okay, please tell me they are airbrushed. :) Interesting that the one hit show is based on the 90's, I always think of the 80's that way. Geez, did I just sound old? ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, for Nicole we all know that she eats bottox for breakfast :) and Cameron usually has young boys to make her stay fresh and fit :)

      Delete
  19. The premise of BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP has been done. And done and done and done. It will be all about execution at that point.

    NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH looks like something I can wait for on Netflix, though ironic choice in music is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neighborhood Watch i wait for that movie look interesting

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the trailer for Neighborhood Watch. The black guy from IT Crowd should be good.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.