Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ED SPELEERS JOINS "DOWNTON ABBEY"! CATE BLANCHETT TO DIRECT HER 1ST FILM "THE TURNING"! MATTHEW MACFADYEN IN "RIPPER STREET"! FABULOUS TRAILER FOR SERBIAN BLOCKBUSTER "LOVELESS ZORITSA"

Here's a nice piece of news for all of you who love planetary megahit series DOWNTON ABBEY, and I know there's a lot of you out there :) According to "Deadline" super charming young actor Ed Speleers has signed on to join the
cast as a footman named Jimmy. You already know that Shirley MacLaine has signed on to join the third season of the show, which is currently in production, as mother to Elizabeth McGovern’s Cora Grantham and a foil for Maggie Smith’s irrepressible Dowager Countess. We remember Ed Speleers mostly for his brilliant role in ERAGON, but for some reason his rival in the film, Garrett Hedlund has scored a bigger success later on in Hollywood even though his role was clearly weaker in the epic fantasy movie from 2006. Speleers will appear this year in horror comedy LOVE BITE about a werewolf who prays only on virgins (I kid you not, that's the plot) alongside another stunner Luke Pasqualino (THE BORGIAS) who recently hid his pride and joy from us with a towel :)

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Our beloved Cate Blanchett hasn't made any nice films for quite some times now, and the only thing to warm our souls is her appearance as Elven queen Galadriel in Peter Jackson's THE HOBBIT this winter, but it seems she will now take a director's chair too: alongside some other Australian stars like Mia Wasikowska and her colleague from LORD OF THE RINGS David Wenham, Blanchett will direct a segment in the film adaptation of THE TURNING, a collection of short stories by Tim Winton. Speaking of British TV series, one of the upcoming ones will be RIPPER STREET at BBC, an eight part series set in 1899 London, in the aftermath of the Jack The Ripper murders, and it will focus on H Division, the notorious police precinct charged with keeping order in Whitechapel. British star Matthew MacFadyen is taking the lead role alongside GAME OF THRONES Jerome Flynn and MyAnna Buring from the TWILIGHT crapfest :)PS A few days ago we saw the first horrid look of Hugh Jackman from the LES MISERABLES, and now you can click to see how Russell Crowe looks like in the film as Inspector Javert.

After brilliant and mindblowingly spectacular epic fantasy TEARS FOR SALE, touching WW1 saga SAINT GEORGE SHOOTS THE DRAGON, delightful soccer film MONTE VIDEO GOD BLESS,here's another
charming Serbian film for you. Currently showing in Serbian cinemas, LOVELESS ZORITSA is a delightful black comedy with fantasy elements following Zoritsa, a village girl who bears an extraordinary curse: Since her first love got mysteriously drawn in the river, men around her die in a strange way. The raged villagers name her "the kiss of death". The case is in the hands of Mane, the stubborn, young, newcomer cop from Belgrade, temporarily working in the "haunted village". Mane doesn't believe in such "mumbo-jumbo" stories.
Soon he will have to face the heavily armed villagers, and he'll also have to answer the crucial question: Is Zoritsa a serial killer or just a girl who yearns for love?

44 comments:

  1. zoritsa, you are cute, but stay back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed Speleers sure has a suggestive picture lol well most actors do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveless Zoritsa looks interesting and I'd sure like to see Ripper Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LURVE Downton Abbey! I'm pumped for season 3 and all the new casting. EEEP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will lurve Eddie too, he is such a heartbreaker :)

      Delete
  5. Man I cant wait for season 3 of Downton Abbey... I heard this season has an alien abduction arc!!!

    Sincerely,
    Fake tv spoilers guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trailer has its funny moments though....

    Thanks for all the updates ~

    Guess whose is fast tracking all the Thrones series...My hubby....he loves all the gore and sex... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, if he is loving the gore and sex you should make him watch SPARTACUS, that show is a true sex delight ;) I don't think I've ever seen so many lovely tities and gorgeous dickies in 50 minutes like in SPARTACUS episodes :) Positively delightful ;)

      Delete
  7. Love, serial killing, it's all the same right?..haha..sounds interesting. And REALLY? A werewolf that prays on virgins? That is just sad, oh so sad. Maybe he'll take a trip to Weekend At Bernies and get what's he's face too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'tis true, Pat, but fear not, the two us are not in danger... unless you're a virgin :))))

      Delete
    2. Thankfully I am safe, the cat on the other hand, he is doomed..hahaha

      Delete
    3. oh, my, hope that werewolf doesn't have a feline fetish :)

      Delete
  8. I miss Cate Blanchett!! That's cool that she's directing, I wish her all the best in her projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her too, darling, I'm not sure why she isn't shooting some better films. Her and Zeta Jones not having a huge film in their pockets makes my heart break :(

      Delete
  9. It will be nice to see Cate in the directors chair and see what her "vision" for a film is like. I'm surprised (but maybe shouldn't be) that another Ripper series is being made. They've done Whitechapel. We'll see.

    Now Loveless Zoritsa, what a treat it would be to see this one. I could see your beautiful country and fine out more about your peoples sense of humor. The trailer shows enough for me to see the comedy and to get the gist of the story. Poor Zoritsa, I hope she finds love and thatthe villagers stop trying to kill her. (That's a funny scene when they're shooting the windows out darling).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost convinced that you would love all of Serbian films, since we have a dark or ironic sense of humour and our films are deadly hilarious.
      You would adore TEARS FOR SALE, you should click the link for it in the post to see the magnificent trailer and read the plot. It's sad, since it is set after WW1 when most of the Serbian villages were left without a single man, since men died in the war, but it is funny too, because the women are trying to find themselves a man in the story :)

      Delete
    2. Our films have the same sensibility too them. It comes from being pissed on by so many other countries who want out land and who want to control us. I'll watch that trailer later as I've got weeds to pull up out of my flower beds right now.

      Delete
    3. happy weeding darling :) show them who's the boss of the garden :)

      Delete
  10. I really should start watching Downton Abbey, heard lots of good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG was I laughing in this trailer. Zoritsa is hilarious!

    Downton Abbey just keeps getting better and better. And yes, Ed is so much better than Garrett. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you would love the film, dahling, it's totally your type of fun :)
      We do love us some Ed :)

      Delete
  12. I have never really got the appeal for Downton Abbey.... Not my bag at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to see it, Scottie, I have it downloaded, but I'm currently all in SPARTACUS and ONCE UPON A TIME :)

      Delete
  13. Ooh - that's exciting news about Ed Speelers. He's such a cutie, and I love Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loveless Zorista looks like a good fun movie! I'm gonna have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it probably won't be shown in USA :) But there are always Torrents :)

      Delete
  15. What a crazy film Zoritsa sounds like! I still haven't seen Downton but it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard so much about downtown abbey....I wish I could see it too one day.

    Looking forward to see Cate's directing debut :) ...go Cate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear it is a great show and so many people love it

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.