Saturday, March 24, 2012

TEASER FOR SAOIRSE RONAN'S SF FILM "THE HOST"! GAEL GARCIA BERNAL, USHER, AL PACINO IN "HANDS OF STONE"! HUGH DANCY IN NBC'S "HANNIBAL" TV SHOW

 All of you who liked SILENCE OF THE LAMBS and other films on Hannibal Lecter will probably watch HANNIBAL TV show which is being prepared over at NBC. Their television adaptation of RED DRAGON novel by Thomas Harris will have a story revolving around the budding relationship between FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. The new update is that always delightful Hugh Dancy has been now cast for the role of Will Graham, while Lecter is yet to be found. The show is being produced by Bryan Fuller most famous for PUSHING DAISIES. We've seen Dancy before in ELISABETH I, CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC, ELLA ENCHANTED, KING ARTHUR. He is also known as the husband of Claire Danes.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
One of the upcoming films which has been getting quite an interesting cast is definitely HANDS OF STONE, set for 2013, a story which will follow the life of boxing legend Roberto Duran, who made his professional debut in 1968 as a 16-year-old and retired in 2002 at age 50 losing only a few fights in his whole career. In June 1980, he defeated Sugar Ray Leonard to capture the WBC welterweight title but shocked
the boxing world by returning to his corner in the November rematch, saying 'no mas' (no more). Their fight is considered one of the greatest mysteries in the boxing history. Now listen to this: Gael Garcia Bernal will play Duran, r'n'b star Usher is set to play Leonard, Al Pacino will play his trainer, while TRUE BLOOD star Ryan Kwanten will play one of Duran's English rivals in the ring.

Your trailer for today, my little freaks, is the first teaser for the movie adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's THE HOST.  Coming to cinemas
in a year (March 2013) the film brings a sf story in which our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed. When Melanie, one of the few remaining wild humans is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading soul who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind. The lead roles are portrayed by Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons (who was shockingly horrid in RED RIDING HOOD) alongside Jake Abel, Diane Kruger, William Hurt.

36 comments:

  1. I really Like Ronan (after watching Hanna), I guess I will see HOST despite the fact that Meyer is the one who wrote it ;)
    Beside, I can save myself from the bad writing and just enjoy the movie,right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Meyer being the writer is not a good recommendation :)

      Delete
  2. I'm way too much of a wimp to see anything with Hannibal!! *shudder* I'd never sleep again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone really want to see hannibal as a tv series? I mean you know how it ends and it will just be another friggin procederul, blah. Interesting rift on the whole body snatcher angle too with The Host.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't :) I didn't like the films either. You know it's not my type of programme ;)

      Delete
    2. The first one was the only one I liked, the rest can bite me, not literally though.

      Delete
    3. yep, we wouldn't want Hannibal bite you... for sure ...

      Delete
  4. Can't say I'm a fan of men posing with half of their pubes sticking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he go and rest your eyes on Olivia Wilde's poking nipples in the previous post :)

      Delete
  5. Ah Dezzy, I'm not impressed with any of these. Too sad. I liked the Hannible movies, but you can seriously overdo a concept, especially in making it a series.

    The Host was sounding vaguely interesting, until I saw the trailer. Cool flashy eyes, but not a good enough insight to see the movie. Couple that with the fact its a Stephanie Meyer concept and - well, just not my thing.

    I did enjoy your music gem though :) And thanks for sharing these releases with us. Good to know what's out there.

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been a very slow week in the film news department, Donnzie, I've hardly managed to collect these today, nothing fresh on the movie front ;( I've no idea what will I write about on Monday and Tuesday ;(

      Glad you liked the music gem :) It's Zeljko Joksimovic, the biggest music star in Serbia, who will represent us at Eurosong this year with that elven song and he is already leading in all the polls. We're known for elven music and mesmerizing melodies.

      Delete
  6. The Host didn't faze me, but at least with a year to go until the release the hardcore Twilight fans can have some breathing space to get over the fact that the sparkly vampireyness is over before they whip themselves into a frenzy over this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they've made this teaser which reveals nothing to use up the opportunity of that horrid HUNGER GAMES premier last night

      Delete
  7. Whoa that guy is showing off a bit too much skin... and hair... >_>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'tis for the pleasure of our ladies and gay visitors :)

      Delete
  8. awesome! im reading Red Dragon right now... i never knew harris was such a good writer...his detail to procedure is amazing.. hope the TV remake does it justice! thanks for stopping by and the perdy comment! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked that piece of news, Jeremy.
      And I like leaving comments to perdy people :))

      Delete
  9. Great updates ....I enjoyed the teaser trailer too.

    And whoa for the voting of hunk men in tv series....I can't decide

    Happy weekend to you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are no longer Heaven :))
      Glad you like the hunkfest in the sidebar :))

      Delete
    2. Of course...drools over hunk men ~

      I use this blog for my haiku poems and everyday mundane life ~

      Delete
    3. you use my blog for mundane life? :PPP

      Delete
    4. Nope, I meant my blog dear ~

      And your life is not mundane with all the hot stuff here ~

      Delete
    5. I know, me was just pulling your leg :)

      Delete
  10. I just woke up from an epic 14 hour sleep so I'm late luv. I can't watch Hannibal because it's too scary for me. I couldn't see the Silence of the Lamb movie for the same reason, the topic is just too much. My dad followed boxing and I remember Duran from the days when he first started (yes, I'm that old), so that would be of interest to me. As for Stephanie Myers, cut off her head then burn and salt the bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fetching the matches and the salt, darling, faster than the wind :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you luv. Do you need help? I'm pretty good with an axe.

      Delete
    3. no axe, slow burning will be better.

      Delete
  11. STOP THEM DEZZY!!!!!!
    Tell them NOT to mess with Silence of the lambs or Hannibal. The horror! The horror! Meanwhile I'll ask Anthony to eat their liver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall stop them, Randyboy, fear not... now, where did I leave my voodoo dolls and similar trinkets?

      Delete
  12. Not interested in Hannibal TV show as it will require a serious lack of restraint on the part of the darkness and violence, taking away from Harris' creation.

    Digging that photo of Kwanten. Yowza!

    Not going to see The Host. I can't stand Meyer as a writer and this is setting up to be another brooding teen flick. No matter that Niccol is at the helm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would dig it :)
      I can't believe how much Hollywood is using teen audience offering them pure crap and irresponsible and dangerous films. Like that horrid HUNGER GAMES breaking records this weekend ... makes me feel so hollow and defeated :(

      Delete
  13. The idea of seeing Hugh Dancy every week on TV sounds great, but Hannibal?? Heh, not crazy about the subject matter.

    I like Saiorse, definitely a HUGE improvement in the leading lady of choice compared to the first of Stephanie Meyer's franchise, but that teaser looks like a contact lenses commercial, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, both him and his wife have horrid TV choices.
      It's true that THE HOST teaser looks like lenses add :))

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.