Friday, March 9, 2012

1ST PIC OF JOHNNY DEPP & ARMIE HAMMER IN "THE LONE RANGER"! "MOONRISE KINGDOM" WITH BRUCE WILLIS & ED NORTON! JAKE GYLLENHAAL IN "MOTOR CITY" WITH GARY OLDMAN!

Variety has reported today that Jake Gyllenhaal has replaced Dominic Cooper in the lead role in MOTOR CITY, a thriller about an ex convict who is released from prison, and then begins a quest for
vengeance, seeking out the men who framed him. Gary Oldman will play the villain, while gorgeous Amber Heard plays the female lead role. After the success of his SOURCE CODE thriller last year, which earned more than $100 million around the world, Jake will also join Jessica Biel and James Marsden in NAILED (about a small town waitress who gets a nail accidentally lodged in her head causing unpredictable behavior that leads her to Washington, DC, where sparks fly when she meets a clueless young senator who takes up her cause) and in END OF WATCH, about the long-term friendship and partnership between two cops. What is it with big stars going B-league and shooting mediocre crime flicks? I mean, wasn't Gyllenhaal prince of Persia?

HOLLY WOOD SPY HEAD LINES
Ah, those damn vampires just won't let it go! Surprise, surprise, there's a new vampire project in Hollywood, and methinks it's the 58th in line, but it might be 59th as well: as "Deadline" reports Alexandre Aja (THE HILLS HAVE EYES) might helm UNDYING LOVE, which will be a movie adaptation of a comic following an ex-soldier who falls for a girl that happens to be a vampire. The only way the two can be together is if the man takes on the vampire who created her, which also means
fighting an army of monsters in the Hong Kong underworld. The story mixes traditional vampire lore with Chinese monster myths and the Hong Kong action genre. And above you can check out the first pic of Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as THE LONE RANGER from the upcoming blockbuster which comes out next year. Directed by Gore Verbinski the film will also star Helena Bonham Carter.

A new poster has been released for MOONRISE KINGDOM which premiers this May and I know a lot of you are excited about the film since it has a
stellar cast. Set on an island off the coast of New England in the 1960s, the story follows a young boy and girl falling in love. When they are moved to run away together, various factions of the town mobilize to search for them and the town is turned upside down – which might not be such a bad thing. Bruce Willis plays the town sheriff, two-time Academy Award nominee Edward Norton is cast as a camp leader, Academy Award nominee Bill Murray and Academy Award winner Frances McDormand portray the young girl’s parents and the cast also includes Academy Award winner Tilda Swinton and Jason Schwartzman.

47 comments:

  1. "my hair is a bird, your arguement is invalid." you may have to google that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not how I imagined Tonto would look, but I guess they had to make sure Johnny didn't look too much like Captain Sparrow...
    And lol at Budd's comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean, to you Depp doesn't look overly crazy as in PIRATES? For a second I thought he stole the same costume :)

      Delete
  3. There are some cool movies coming up. I almost didn't recognize Depp as Tonto. Also, love Norton, what a wacky movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the casting of Johnny Depp as Tonto getting any criticism as Hollywood hiring yet another white guy to play an Indian instead of a Native American actor? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Depp looks crazy. But crazy works for him. I'll watch. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's a definition of crazy, I think even his /ex/wife seems to believe so :)

      Delete
  6. I saw Johnny Depp's yacht in Annapolis MD once

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moonrise might actually be a half decent one and I wonder if that bird every relieved itself on Depp's head..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed for the pooping birdy :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah hopefully it poops and gets off his head

      Delete
    3. fingers crossed that the Ranger doesn't fry it and eat it :)

      Delete
  8. Oo, I'm looking forward to Johnny Depp in The Lone Ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Johnny looks quite interesting as Tonto, but I don't like the dead bird on his head.

    Moonrise Kingdom looks fantastic and can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poor dead bird, we've started discussion above on the topic of bird possibly pooping on his head :)

      Delete
  10. Doesn't seem like a good idea to have Depp as a native american :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe some Native American will get to play George Bush in some biopic :)

      Delete
  11. I wish Edward Norton would make a real movie. He hasn't been in one that I've liked since American History X.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems to be that whenever Depp is offered a role, his response it, "How much make up can I wear?" Looks like it could be pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I'm sure that's part of his contracts :)

      Delete
  13. I didn't recognize Depp.

    I'm no longer in the mood for vampires, but maybe I'll change my mind by the time Undying Love comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope they do a good job with the Lone Ranger because it's such a classic. I'm a bit off Depp these days though. And please God, no, not another vampire movie. Moonrise looks like a good film, but they've got Willis looking old and paunchy and if I see it I'll just cry all the way through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I didn't predict such reaction on seeing Bruce old and fat in the trailer, sorry for that one :)

      Delete
    2. I averted my eyes darling and have avoided permanent damage to my fantasy life.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. You're great Dez and apparently so am I and the Cat. Sometimes it's just nice to hear someone say it.

      Delete
    2. utter greatness :) We should do some kind of prank with the greatness above :)

      Delete
  16. not really a Jake fan, but I'm seriously drooling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a seriously droolworthy picture and he has one of the hottest bodies in the history of Hollywood :)

      Delete
  17. I don't know about The Lone Ranger, they look weird....Wild, Wild West weird!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though I'm not typically a big fan of Wes, MOONRISE KINGDOM does look like a hoot. Might go out to see that one when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems like a crazy film, not for me, but I think it will have its fans :)

      Delete
  19. My favorite is when people go all "WTF, Johnny?" with his costume in this. Then you see this picture of the traditional Dakotan Indian attire and you hopefully change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, my, and I thought they were ripping off his mask from PIRATES :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.