Sunday, March 18, 2012

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON THE SECOND SEASON OF "GAME OF THRONES" WITH CHARACTER PICTURES, CAST & THE STORY!

I know that you are all extremely excited about the premier of the second season of one of the most popular epic series GAME OF
THRONES which is ready to hit small screens April 1st over at HBO bringing back royal and less royal characters from George R.R. Martin's famous epic saga A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE to the small screens in their brutal and scheming fight for the throne of the land of Westeros. Have you seen the brilliant new character pictures and covers from the latest "Entertainment Weekly"? If not, check them out in today's post. They are mostly showing Jon Snow played by Kit Harington, dragon queen Daenerys played by Emilia Clarke, and queen Cersei and her twin brother Jaime, played by Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster Waldau.

SECOND SEASON STORY
Determined to avenge his father's death, the newly proclaimed king Robb Stark continues the war against the Lannisters and the boy king Joffrey Baratheon. But there are more claimants to the Iron Throne, including Stannis Baratheon, who will be supported by a priestess of a strange god. Meanwhile, Jon Snow and The Night's Watch continue their trek beyond the Wall, and Daenerys and the remains of her khalasar will be forced to cross the Red Waste and claim what is hers. Tyrion Lannister, the new Hand of the King, tries to control the situation in King's Landing by opposing Cersei and her purges. Meanwhile, the rest of the seven noble families of Westeros are trying to forge new alliances in order to prevail in the war for the throne.
THRONES TIDBITS
As you remember from HOLLYWOOD SPY's previous reports the second season of GAME OF THRONES has been shot under the scorching hot sun of Croatia, rainy clouds of Ireland and snow storms of Iceland, and will try to bring lots of drama and epic battles to the small screens since the second run of the show is all about the revenge and war, after kings and nobles have been killed in the first season. With a 15% bigger budget (the first season cost about $50 - 60 million in total), the show will also bring the most epic climactic battle ever attempted for television.

2ND SEASON FACES
Beside the old characters, dragons and direwolves we shall also see a bunch of new names in the already complex cast. The ten episode second season will open with the episode titled NORTH REMEMBERS and beside the names from the first season Richard
Madden as Robb Stark, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark, Alfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy, we shall also see Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon, the elder of Robert's two brothers and one of several claimants to the Iron Throne, Carice van Houten as Melisandre of Asshai, the "Red Priestess" of the foreign god
R'hllor, an influential advisor to King Stannis Baratheon (it is interesting that she was first supposed to play Cersei last year), Liam Cunningham is the former smuggler Ser Davos Seaworth, a bannerman of Stannis, Gwendoline Christie is Brienne of Tarth, a female warrior who joins Renly Baratheon's guard and becomes a follower of Catelyn Stark, Natalie Dormer (from THE TUDORS)
appears as Lady Margaery Tyrell, a noblewoman from the Reach promised to be the wife of Renly Baratheon, Gemma Whelan will play Yara Greyjoy, the Ironborn captain and sister of Theon, Tom Wlaschiha will play Jaqen H'ghar, a prisoner and recruit of Yoren, and an assassin of the Faceless Men, Rose Leslie will appear as Ygritte, Jon Snow's love interest among the Wildlings, Patrick Malahide is Balon Greyjoy, lord of the Iron Islands and father of Theon. Info from WIKIPEDIA.

47 comments:

  1. Can't wait! I didn't watch any trailer, though.
    Only a couple of weeks already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dezzy, I am stealing that photo of Kit Harrington and the Direwolf. :)

    Love all the costumes of the characters so much. It's such a great cast too. I can't wait for the next season...though you know I will have to, because I live in a cave without cable. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it starts in Serbia too, on HBO, but I don't have it either on my cable so I have to rely on Torrents :)

      Delete
  3. What a deliciously opulent spotlight for one of the best shows ever. All of these people are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, "opulent" is the word of the day, darling :)

      Delete
  4. One of the biggest battles on tv you say, that should be interesting. I just flew through season one yesterday and today, damn good show. Can't wait for season 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they say so, not me :) I've seen big battles on TV before, since there's no epic show I've missed :) Glad you liked the first season, Cat!

      Delete
    2. Yeah prob just embelishing a bit, but still I bet it will be good. Unless it turns into a walking dead type thing and they royalily mess up the second season.

      Delete
    3. you didn't like the second season? :) I thought I did, but then Joshie, our friend blogger, reminded me on some of the things from the first season, and I realized that one was much more imaginative, but I do prefer the psychological tension and dilemmas in this one much better.

      Delete
  5. I keep forgetting to mention this, but George RR Martin has done an entire series of miniatures for Games of Thrones. And they're so, so pretty. I'm going to paint some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now, there's a new hobby for you, darling ;)

      Delete
    2. Well, Anne, when you paint either a dragon or Daenerys Targaryen, I've got dibs on them. They are my favorite LOL

      Delete
    3. Anne, it seems our friend L here hasn't heard of the Dezzdragon :)

      Delete
  6. Aww yeah, Game of Thrones is awesome. Can't wait to watch season 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping they'll have more about the dragons and the white walkers this season. I can't believe its only two more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore me dragons too, and I want to see more of the dragon babies. One of the trailers has given us a glimpse of them :)

      Delete
  8. I'm curious about your epic rating Dez :) HBO "Rome" was rather impressive btw kisses for those pix! I snaffled them straight away as I couldn't from the EW website :) besides the fact that you've been my source once again for an epic new trailer! To watch this show in HD is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved ROME much more, Fanny, it's my fave of the historical shows. Historical shows are generally done better outside USA.

      Delete
  9. Just STUNNING!! (editing blogger commentary in mobile browser has become cumbersome btw)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son was talking about this tonight. I need to play catch up
    It looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't take it anymore, I NEED TO SEE SEASON TWO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. April 1st can't come soon enough. I can't wait for the next season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be a worldwide thing this April :) It doesn't premiere all around the world the same day like THE WALKING DEAD, but it will air within the same month in more than 50 countries I think.

      Delete
  13. Game of Thrones seems to be really popular. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is the most popular epic show around the world after SPARTACUS and MERLIN :)

      Delete
  14. I know a lot of people that are going to be really excited for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice trailer...I think I am going to do what pat just did ~

    Have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Heaven
      what did he do? :)

      @Pat
      just dont' start giving people ideas about mice being a tasty treat

      Delete
  16. I can't wait for April 1 either! Thanks for posting the wonderful posters, wish they had one of The King in the North, Robb Stark. So glad that you have set the scene for Season 2. I've read all but the final book, but it can be confusing to those just becoming aware of the series. Love that Ghost is in the poster with Jon Snow, my favorite poster :) Loved the trailer also. Thanks dear Dezz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wish they've put Richard Madden in the photo session too!
      It's a lovely pic, the one with Jon and the direwolf :)

      Delete
  17. Can't wait for this to launch over here...such great books and a perfect adaptation

    ReplyDelete
  18. egads! i'm still behind on this. only seen episode one. but i've read through book 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're ahead of me, Vics, I haven't even touched the books :)

      Delete
  19. We just got Apple TV so my hubby and I actually watched a few Games of Thrones featurettes over the weekend. I must say it looks REALLY tempting to start watching but I don't think I have time to catch up on all of them. Nikolaj Coster Waldau is just so darn cute, and I just realized he played Lena Heady's brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will probably like it, Flixy. It's not the best of epic shows, but it is quite nice. Waldau does play Lena's brother, but he also bangs her :) since they are in an incestuous secret relationship :)

      Delete
    2. Sheesh, I'm glad we no longer live in Medieval era, that is just disgusting!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.