Wednesday, March 28, 2012

CHANNING TATUM & MILA KUNIS IN "JUPITER ASCENDING" SF EPIC? CHARMING TRAILER FOR "HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA"! RUPERT PENRY JONES HAS "THE LAST WEEKEND"! "GARLIC & SAPPHIRES" GETS A FILM

We haven't seen much from the Wachowski Bros. after THE MATRIX but it seems the brother and the sister directors are coming back to the sf genre. According to "Deadline" their next project could be a huge sf film JUPITER
ASCENDING which plot is still kept under wraps but according to the latest news Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis have been offered the lead roles in it. As you know, Channing Tatum is currently a hot good in Hollywood since he had two huge blockbusters back to back THE VOW and now 21 JUMP STREET. The Wachowski's have recently finished their current project CLOUD ATLAS the intricate and complex movie featuring six intertwining story lines set in a different times and places that become intricately related to each other, with actors playing roles in each time. The stories span from the 19th Century to a post apocalyptic 22nd Century.The cast of the film is rather big and filled with well known names from Tom Hanks, Hugo Weaving, Hugh Grant, Jim Sturgess and Ben Whishaw, to Susan Sarandon, James D'Arcy, Jim Broadbent, Halle Berry...

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
I'm not sure if this will be a romcom or some fun film, but I like the sound of it: according to "Deadline" BRIDESMAID's director Paul Feig
might helm the film adaptation of GARLIC AND SAPPHIRES Ruth Reichl’s "New York Times" best-selling book which recounts the “adventures in deception” as the NY Times’ restaurant critic goes undercover to the world’s finest culinary establishments. To go unrecognised, she assumes the persona of a nouveau riche widow. And one of our fave British gents Rupert Penry Jones, has a new project: according to "Digital Spy" he and Shaun Evans will star in THE LAST WEEKEND ITV's suspense thriller which follows two couples with a shared history on holiday in Suffolk over a bank holiday weekend. Evans plays a working class primary school teacher, who made friends with the sporty and privileged Ollie (Penry-Jones) at university. The men's competitive edge, a resurrected old bet and returning sexual tensions result in a horrendous and catastrophic outcome for both couples.

And here it finally is, the first trailer for what could be one of the most charming animated flicks this Autumn - HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA Dracula's (Adam Sandler)
lavish five-stake resort, where monsters and their families can live it up, free from meddling from the human world. But here's a little known fact about Dracula: he is not only the Prince of Darkness; he is also a dad. Over-protective of his teenage daughter, Mavis, Dracula fabricates tales of elaborate dangers to dissuade her adventurous spirit. As a haven for Mavis, he opens the Hotel Transylvania, where his daughter and some of the world's most famous monsters – Frankenstein and his bride, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, a family of werewolves, and more – can kick back in safety and peace.
For Drac, catering to all of these legendary monsters is no problem – but his world could come crashing down when one ordinary guy stumbles on the hotel and takes a shine to Mavis. Beside Sandler, the voice cast includes Fren Drescher, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, Selena Gomez, Cee-Lo...

53 comments:

  1. Its amazing how detailed animated films are becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. BRAVE, ICE AGE and TRANSYLVANIA will be the bright spots of the year

      Delete
  3. I do like Penny-Jones and so I'm looking forward to that film. I agree with Baur as well, so detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Adam Sandler went to animation, if I have to see another picture of him in drag I'll throw up..lol I hope they make it more like The Matrix and not their crummy over bloated crap sequels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he did a rather remarkable job with his voice in this one, didn't he?

      Delete
  5. Can Adam Sandler make a movie these days that doesnt totally suck? well.... maybe if its animated?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Mavis" -- now THERE'S an old-fashioned name you don't hear much anymore! Maybe it will become a popular name again after "Hotel Transylvania."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it's possible, Debs :) It's a cute name

      Delete
  7. I hope Mila Kunis accepts the role, I've always love her acting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is super cute, loved her and Justin in FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS

      Delete
  8. There are a lot of films that look good here today. I have hopes for Cloud Atlas because the storyline is so intricate and the cast they've assembled is stellar. I haven't seen Sarandon in a long time and I've always liked her. And what can I say about Rupert besides delicious. He's just so cute I could eat him up.

    Hotel Transylvania is going to be a smash hit I think. It's one that will be worth buying on DVD and watching more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love Rupie Penry. I was sad to hear that he recently broke his leg :( Poor soul.

      Delete
    2. Shall we pack a bag and go nurse him back to health?

      Delete
    3. not sure his wife would let us :) She's an actress too.

      Delete
  9. Hotel Transylvania looks completely charming and unforgettable. A hit for the hitless Adam Sandler. :)

    Ah Rupert Penry Jones, what a gorgeous man. Loved him in Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited about Jupiter Ascending. I have liked everything the Wachowski's have done pretty much without exception. I even liked the Matrix sequels, but when compared to the original, they just weren't as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, the second and the third MATRIX were very crapish :) Hope CLOUD ATLAS will be less philosophy and more sf

      Delete
  11. I'm kinda sick of Adam Sandler :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the look of Hotel Transvestite!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, Scottie, did you know that I'm only about 500km away from Transylvania?

      Delete
  13. I haven't watched all that much movies recently, I bet Hotel Transylvania will hit just the right spot.

    LOL, I wonder what Hotel Transvestite would involve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The trailer is good, I'll have to add that to the list....

    ReplyDelete
  15. "there" next project, Dr. Dezzy? I'm a sucked for sf movies, so I hope this one's gonna be good. I certainly look forward to Ridley's. Finish this sentence: The problem with too many famous names is...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mistake corrected :) I really do write these things in the evening, and in the evening I'm good for one thing only, but let us not talk about that less we get censored :)

      Delete
  16. Hotel Transylvania, is that made by the same guys who made Despicable Me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you asked that before, Damian :) I think not, but me is not sure :)

      Delete
  17. hotel Transylvania looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really excited for Hotel Transylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  19. kunis in a scifi, two things I love brought together by the team that made the matrix. You have my interest sir.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Garlic and Sapphire is a fun title bu I'm not so sure on the plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will love the film, I adore films about cooking and food :)

      Delete
  21. I love Adam Sandler, he is one of my favs and I love how he always manages to fit Steve Buscemi into a role somewhere =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does? I haven't seen much of his films, but he and Steve do look like a pair :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, he always put him in as a cameo bit; pretty funny goofy parts.

      Delete
  22. These all sound amazing and the last one, so fun!
    Yes, if Adam likes you, you get to be in another film and another. I love that he does that, very cool!~
    I have the "Sapphire and Garlic" book somewhere off to find it~

    Cloud Atlas, sounds amazing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, if you read it tell us if it was a good one, I love me cooking books and films :)

      Delete
  23. LOVE Rupert Penry Jones! I wish he'd do more Hollywood films. He's so swoon-worthy as Capt. Wentworth in BBC's Jane Austen's Persuasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he never does Hollywood films, only the British projects :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.