Friday, December 30, 2011

GRIPPING TEASER FOR "THE IMPOSSIBLE" WITH EWAN MCGREGOR & NAOMI WATTS! 1ST PICS FROM "CLOUD ATLAS" FROM "THE MATRIX" HELMERS! NEW POSTER FOR "THE PAPERBOY" WITH NICOLE KIDMAN, ZAC EFRON AND MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY

It's seems I will have great pics from an upcoming sf film today again, after yesterday's UPSIDE DOWN photos. Twitch has released first concept art from CLOUD ATLAS, a new film by a trio of directors - Tom Tykwer (RUN LOLA RUN, PERFUME) and Lana and Andy Wachowski (we haven't seen almost anything from the last two ever
since their THE MATRIX saga). These first pics show a futuristic image of Seoul in 2144 in which the film is set. Based on a bestselling book by David Mitchell, the intricate and complex movie features six intertwining story lines set in a different times and places that become intricately related to each other, with actors playing roles in each time. The stories span from the 19th Century to a post apocalyptic 22nd
Century.The cast of the film is rather big and filled with well known names from Tom Hanks, Hugo Weaving, Hugh Grant, Jim Sturgess and Ben Whishaw, to Susan Sarandon, James D'Arcy, Jim Broadbent, Halle Berry....It is also quite unusual that having in mind its $ 100 million budget and 2012 release, the film has had zero marketing so far.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
One of the new posters released today around the net is the first one for THE PAPERBOY, a movie adaptation of Peter Dexter's novel. You
probably remember HOLLYWOOD SPY mentioning this film during the casting process, since they have quite a lot of big names in the cast. The story of the film follows Ward James (Matthew McConaughey), a Miami Times reporter who returns to his hometown to investigate the murder of a local sheriff  and is eventually helped by his younger brother Jack (Zac Efron) as they investigate the possible wrongful conviction of a man on death row. Throughout the process Jack falls for the woman (Nicole Kidman) whom the convict (John Cusack) has been romancing through prison correspondence. The film should hit cinemas sometime next year.

One of the very few clips that have appeared around the net this week is a highly atmospheric and intriguing Spanish teaser for THE IMPOSSIBLE, an English language film debut by  Juan Antonio Bayona,
who directed THE ORPHANAGE. The film, which still doesn't have a US release date stars Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts as a family caught in the tsunami that hit Thailand seven years ago: Maria, Henry and their three sons begin their winter vacation in Thailand, looking forward to a few days in tropical paradise. But on the morning of December 26th, as the family relaxes around the pool after their Christmas festivities, a terrifying roar rises up from the center of the earth. As Maria freezes in fear, a huge wall of black water races across the hotel grounds toward her.
Henry grabs the two youngest boys, but it’s too late: the wave smashes into him with incredible force and dislodges his grip. Maria is pushed
underwater, where she is crushed and battered by debris to the brink of death. She finally surfaces in a raging black sea, which has completely submerged her three-story hotel and the surrounding landscape. Maria gasps for breath while she tries to understand what has just happened,
convinced that her family has been obliterated in the blink of an eye. But then, her eldest son, surfaces a few meters ahead in the wild flood. Face-to-face with something unexpected and incomprehensible, she must fight against all odds for her child’s survival. And her own.

30 comments:

  1. Wow the Impossible looks traumatic, disturbing and very intriguing. I also love the look of Cloud Atlas and what an amazing cast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a stunningly gripping teaser, even though the few lines in it are in Spanish. It will be a very disturbing film to watch, especially for those who survived the tsunami down there :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cloud Atlas looks like it might be an interesting one and Kidman likes them young huh?..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your descriptions have me wanting to see these movies! I'm most likely to see The Paperboy...as my hubby rarely goes to the movies, so I have to select ones my daughter would like, too! Have you started your baklava?

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he in the film she does, I guess, Pat, :) She likes them weird in her private life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lizzy
    glad you like the films, Lizzy :)
    Nope, I'm making baklava on Saturday, and "sarma" tomorrow, you have the description in the answer to your comment on previous post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cloud Atlas and The Impossible look stellar. Those are definite must see's. I'd check out The Paperboy after DVD release. Matthew McBoring has no depth as an actor. If he pulls this off I may stop retching when I see his name. Love ya Dez

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Orphanage, so The Impossible should be great also. And i might check out The Paperboy, as i do like Kidman and Efron impressed me in Me & Orson Wells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary trailer. Scary because it's based on a true story. Does Ewan have a big part in in? Or does he die right away?

    ReplyDelete
  10. the paperboy has a fantastic cast. but the poster doesn't really look appealing to me. the cloud atlas concept art is beautiful. and man alive... that tsunami was so tragic. what a scary thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on a million hits! So very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That second movie looks awesome! Don't quite understand it all, but I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your blog a lot, Dez. Anyway, who wouldn't fall for Nicole nip-n-tuck Kidman?
    Bottoms up tomorrow. Have on on the house!
    RCB
    P.S. You're about to feature in my next blog. Just so you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Nicole Kidman must always be first, but the trailer of “The Impossible” also clearly says it stars in the order of Naomi Watts and Ewan Mcgregor. Regards.
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cold Atlas sounds very confusing for little old me.

    I love Zac, he can do no wrong with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cloud atlas looks kinda cool to me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Anne
    yep, I'm not seeing PAPERBOY either. And I do understand your attitude towards Matthew :) He isn't easy to like :) I don't hate him like you do, but I do think that he has very bad career choices and I don't like his private life either

    @Dirty
    glad to hear that

    @Clarissa
    I hope he doesn't die, they probably reunite at the end or something

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Vics
    yep, I don't like the poster either and I was surprised to see excited and amazed reactions of the fanboys. they seem to think retro is cool and original? Go figure...

    @Peggy
    thanks, Peggy, it's total awesomeness :)

    @Berserc
    well it is just a teaser in which she if covered with tsunami in that first moment

    ReplyDelete
  19. @RCB
    she really is nip and tuck, I think she washes her face with bottox in the morning. In your next blog? Interesting, hope you didn't find my revealing pics and are planning to post them :)

    @Richard
    hey, Richard. I must admit I prefer Ewan, who is an amazing actor, to Naomi who has never shown any true talent, she always has one facial expression and is always utterly cold. I can't even name all the films she ruined with her expressionless acting - THE PAINTED VEIL, MULLHOLLAND DRIVE, KING KONG... I think STAY was the only one I liked with her

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Scott
    I think it was meant to be confusing, Scottie, kinda like we are still confused with MATRIX :))))

    @JDC
    hope it will be nice when it comes out

    ReplyDelete
  21. dude, nice review man.... anything on the new spidey movie?

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey, Prasad, you have Spidey in the post from two days ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow cloud atlas looks really neat I love movies like that

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Peeps
    Happy New Year to you as well :)

    @Baur
    it should be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. CLOUD ATLAS looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  26. first...happy new year Dezz :)
    hope you and your blog gain more success in 2012.

    I am looking forward to wacowski brothers movie...maybe they can awe me again like The Matrix. I wish I can see the trailer but I am using mobile now :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks, Novia, the same to you :)
    When you think of MATRIX, I'm sure you're thinking only of the first part LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. he he in the film she does, I guess, Pat, :) She likes them weird in her private life :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.