Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BEN WHISHAW IS "RICHARD II", JEREMY IRONS "HENRY IV", TOM HIDDLESTON "HENRY V" IN BBC EPIC PROJECT! ZOE SALDANA JOINS CHRISTIAN BALE IN "OUT OF THE FURNACE"! NEW "THE BORGIAS" CLIP & POSTER! "GOD'S GULCH" SF FILM

One of the extremely interesting projects is NBC Universal's and BBC's project on the TV adaptation of 4 of Shakespeare's major plays in the form of TV dramas with stunning casts and magnificent sets and costumes. The first one to be aired this summer on BBC, and is currently in post production,
is RICHARD II in which Ben Whishaw stars as the King, alongside a phenomenal cast including Rory Kinnear, Patrick Stewart, David Suchet, David Morrissey, Clemence Poesy as the queen, Lindsay Duncan and James Purefoy. The producer of this one and the other three dramas is famous director Sam Mendes. The second in the project will be HENRY IV, to be shot in two parts, with Jeremy Irons as King Henry IV in the drama directed by famous Richard Eyre. Tom Hiddleston is Prince Hal in the cast which also includes GAME OF THRONES Harry Lloyd. The last film in the series will be HENRY V in which Tom Hiddleston ascends to the throne to play the role of King Henry V, while Lamber Wilson will play the King of France with Julie
Walters and Jon Hurt also in the cast. This one will be shot this year, after RICHARD II, while two parts of HENRY IV will be shot next year. It is interesting that the production teams of all of these films include people who worked on classics such as THE PIANO, THE KING'S SPEECH, CRANFORD, DOWTON ABBEY, THE QUEEN... The whole project is done to mark London 2012 Festival and The Cultural Olympiad on the BBC which coincides with the summer Olympics.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
According to DEADLINE, Mike McCoy (ACT OF VALOUR) will direct sf flick  GOD'S GULCH, set in the wake of the entire computer network
shutting down and the ensuing economic and societal collapse, and following a group which must come together to fight for their survival. Star Trek star Zoe Saldana has joined Christian Bale as his ex wife in OUT OF THE FURNACE, a thriller about a man who hopes to find peace after being released from a four year jail stint. His plans for a quiet life come to a halt when his brother is murdered and he decides he must set out for revenge. Meanwhile, "Entertainment Weekly" reports that our favourite FRIENDS star Matthew Perry is coming back to the sitcom world in NBC's GO ON, as a charming sportscaster who tries to move on after a personal tragedy through the help of mandatory therapy sessions.

Are you ready for the second season of THE BORGIAS, which returns to Showtime on April 8th, Easter Sunday? Check out the first poster for the second run of one of Showtime's most successful shows.  When the series
returns, Rodrigo Borgia (Oscar-winner Jeremy Irons) will demand that his children join him in getting revenge against the families that opposed his climb to the papacy. That’s to be expected. But at the same time, his own family may become his biggest threats. Cesare’s (François Arnaud) sibling rivalry with Juan (David Oakes) grows into resentment toward their father. And after Rodrigo’s horrible choice for her husband last season, Lucrezia (Holliday Grainger) is finding some independence. Who can blame her? All the while, Rodrigo’s very persistent nemesis Della Rovere (Colm Feore) hasn’t given up and he’s closing in on the Vatican’s new residents.


And don't forget that this Sunday, HOLLYWOOD SPY
is bringing you an exclusive spotlight on all the future film projects of some of the lead stars from HBO's super popular epic series GAME OF THRONES: Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Harry Lloyd...
Plus HOT pics :)

57 comments:

  1. I'm gonna say something really corny now, Dezzy, because I'm tired and sleepy: Zoe Saldana doesn't need a furnace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, one would think so seeing how she likes wearing nothing on her :)

      Delete
    2. The girl's got taste. Nothing is all the rage and it becomes her. (My neighbor thinks it becomes her too, but all she does is hurt my eyes.)

      Delete
    3. maybe you should try the same weapon on your neighbour? :) But then my paparazzi might take a pic of you naked.... you know we are lurking around your villa

      Delete
    4. And NOW you're telling me?!! Do you know the song Blue Moon....

      Delete
    5. nope... are you trying to moon me?

      Delete
  2. Oh, you've made me so happy today, Dezzy! Yes, the Olympics has England bringing out all their finest, from Shakespeare to Sherlock Holmes. I picked a good year to go visit. :))

    Whishaw could be interesting in that role, though I wish it were Richard III he was playing instead. Richard III has the juiciest lines in it.

    And Hiddleston as Henry V? Hmm...I'll watch that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And RICHARD II is such an intriguing character.
      Are you ready for the trip? When are you leaving and how long will you be in the UK? Will you wave me from the Tower? :) I'm only across the channel :)

      Delete
    2. I leave in just over two weeks. Too early for the Shakespeare theater productions at The Globe, though. They don't start until June. I'll be there for about two weeks, though, and will definitely wave from the top of the Tower. Let's hope I get out of there with my head still attached to my neck. :PP

      Delete
    3. you will be only in London, or are you going to Wales too? What's the programme? :) And will you carry laptop with you? I will miss you terribly if you'll be offline :(

      Delete
    4. England, Scotland, and Wales. And my theme for the A to Z will be all the stuff I'll be seeing and doing on the trip. I'm scheduling posts so I'll only be off line for a week. :))

      Wish you could sneak over. We'd destroy London together. :D

      (and now I'm probably on a watch list for saying that)

      Delete
    5. I wish it too, I'm probably the only professor of English language and literature who's never visited UK :(

      Delete
  3. I didn't appreciate the Borgias at all.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you, Lurk, the first six episodes were deadly boring and horrible, but the show did pick up on pace and rhythm in last four episodes. Hope the second season will continue in that tone. My biggest problem are Jeremy Irons and Francois Arnaud, two generally good actors who are strangely bad, weak and non-charismatic in this show.

      Delete
  4. You always select the best pics Dezzy. Zoe Saldana has talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to convince some of the glossy magazine chiefs to hire me as their photography editor :)

      Delete
  5. That is quite the undertaking with those three films, not an overly historic cat, but you never know. That damn blue guy stole me line too, how rude..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of historicals in the works. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I'll be here on Sunday to checkout the exclusives. That's just frickin' awesome that you are connected like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will probably like it, lots of hot pics too :) I've found a shirtless pic of Kit Harrington :)

      Delete
  8. Ah i've seen Joh Hurt don't remember what movie I'm thinking of that I saw him tho

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Professor of English Lit no less!!! Chikka Dez - you never cease to amaze! And all the beautiful Shakespeare, brilliant production values and terrific cast - that's a lotta film goodness coming our way. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but I work as a book translator, Doc :) I translate books for the readers in my country, I've left teaching job years ago :)

      Delete
  10. Looking forward to those new Shakespeare films!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Dez!!! The Shakespeare has real potential I think because the BBC is involved and Patrick Stewart certainly has his chops down. The God's Gulch thing doesn't really interest me though. And I still haven't seen The Borgia's. I know, I know, I'll get around to it. You look cute in your yellow sweater by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, darling, missed you!
      Those will be some amazing films, Patrick was amazing as Richard II in LION IN WINTER with Glenn Close, my fave TV mini series of all times :)
      I had to put on something yellow, since the whole post was golden/orange today ;) and me is a trend setter :)

      Delete
    2. You certainly know fashion dear. If I could afford it I'd fly over to Serbia and have you design a dress for me. And after my fitting we'd eat cake and drink tea!!

      Delete
    3. tea? You mean Serbian slivovitza, darling? :)

      Delete
  12. ow wow...that BBC series has amazing cast!!! looking forward to see that. And the love I have for BBC is getting bigger ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do adore BBC :) the only shinny thing in today's TV world

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a good run :) I like films about medieval British monarchy, so will check these out.

    Jeremy Irons is Pope Alexander? I'm going to have to take a look at the borgias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but don't raise your hopes up, he is really bad in the role.

      Delete
  14. No wonder Irons has a shocked look on his face in that poster... where exactly is her hand going???

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, Scottie :)
      And who knows what David Oakes is doing to him from behind :)

      Delete
  15. I really love Ben Whishaw... Perfume was a wonderfully underrated film IMHO. I can't frekin wait to see that one! Damn good find Dezzy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PERFUME was a wonderfully done film, here in Europe it is not underrated, it's a classic :) and the book is very popular too

      Delete
  16. I like the Boragis, but I LOVE Game of Thrones! :) It was my fave of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so excited when I saw THE BORGIAS on Netflix for Instant Streaming...and then I realized there are two shows, made by different people, but about the Borgias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that second one is bad :) I've seen a trailer and the acting seems horrible.

      Delete
  18. Ooh, I'm excited to see the Shakespeare films. The casts sound terrific. You have the best scoops! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to the Game of Thrones stuff coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm looking forward to the Shakespeare films. I can only hope that NBC will broadcast them here in the States on their channel instead of BBC America, which I don't get. :(

    Can't wait for your Game of Thrones spotlight. I love that cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to rely on Torrents as usually :( We don't have NBC, BBC... we have nothing here...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.