Saturday, March 17, 2012

FIRST TRAILER FOR TIM BURTON'S & JOHNNY DEPP'S "DARK SHADOWS"! 1ST PICS OF DWAYNE JOHNSON IN "G.I. JOE: RETALIATION"! NATHAN FILLION IS HERMES IN "PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS"!

One of the sweet treats I have for you today, are first pictures from the sequel to the mega blockbuster G.I. JOE: RETALIATION featuring Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock and Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jay (you remember Palicki as the girl who unsuccessfully tried to portray Wonder Woman in doomed and cancelled even before the pilot was shown WONDER WOMAN TV show last year). Coming to cinemas June 29th the cast also includes Channing Tatum as Captain Duke, Bruce Willis as Joe Colton the original G.I.Joe , Ray Park as Snake Eyes, Ray Stevenson as Firefly, Arnold Vosloo as Zartan. The story of
the sequel starts after the Cobra spy Zartan has most of the Joes assassinated, and the remaining Joes have to band together again to strike back.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Ooooh, I'm sure you won't like the film itself, but this is some sweet piece of news: our dear FIREFLY captain Nathan Fillion has taken a Godly role!
According to "The Hollywood Reporter" he will play Hermes, the messenger to the Gods in Greek mythology, in the sequel PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS. Hermes is also the father to Percy's biggest enemy Luke. The sequel to the famous epic adventure is scheduled for March next year and will again have Logan Lerman in the lead role of Poseidon's son living in modern day America who, in the first film, returned Zeus' stolen lightning bolt and prevented a civil war from erupting among the gods up on the Olympus. The first film had Sean Bean as Zeus, Pierce Brosnan as Chiron, Kevin McKidd as Poseidon, and also Uma Thurman, Rosario Dawson...

And as I promised yesterday, here it is, the first, long awaited, trailer for Tim Burton's DARK SHADOWS which follows Barnabas (Johnny Depp), a rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy, who
makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Bouchard. A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive. Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to his Collinwood Manor to find that the once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets. Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) has called upon live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), to help
with her family troubles. Also residing in the manor is Elizabeth's ne'er-do-well brother, Roger Collins, (Jonny Lee Miller), her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloe Moretz), and Roger's precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gulliver McGrath). The mystery extends beyond the family, to caretaker Willie Loomis, played by Jackie Earle Haley, and David's new nanny, Victoria Winters, played by Bella Heathcote.
And don't forget to drop by HOLLYWOOD SPY this Sunday, since I will have a spotlight on GAME OF THRONES second season with some brand new stunning character pics! And I must wish happy St. Patrick's Day  
to all our beloved Irish readers around the world. Spy loves his Irish sisters and brothers!

64 comments:

  1. I thought they already had someone as Hermes from the first movie of the Percy Jackson series. Really the only reason to watch these Percy movies is the cute boys they hire to play these parts. Logan Lerman is adorable and decorates many a tumblr of some gay boys out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he was nice in MUSKETEERS, when it comes to those young actors I'm sorry Ed Speleers didn't get another chance after ERAGON. He is really lovely.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh the Dark Shadows trailer was hilarious. I'm a little concerned it showed too much, but wow, I so want to see the movie...and then there's Johnny, of course hehehe.

    And oddly enough I like the G.I. JOE: RETALIATION poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it when he said SHOW YOURSELF YOU TINNY SONGSTRESS :)))

      Delete
  3. I think the Dark Shadows trailer is funny. It's not my mother's Dark Shadows, that's for sure. And HBC is a riot with that American accent and wig. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta love Her Royal Craziness Helena Bonham Carter Burton :)

      Delete
  4. Okay, I was not expecting Dark Shadows to be such a comedy. It may be a renter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, but I just have to say it - Dwayne Johnson is such a hottie! I can't wait until you get your hands on the trailer for G.I. Joe 2; I enjoyed the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is indeed, you should use the search button in the rightsidebar ;) with his name to find all the hot pics I've posted on his Royal Rockness :)

      Delete
    2. PS the trailer has already been posted this winter, SEARCH BUTTON again :)

      Delete
    3. Drats, the trailer didn't work =(

      Thanks for telling me about the interview Melissa Bradley - it was a good one!

      Delete
    4. He is a hottie isn't he L? I do love a man who looks good when he's filthy and sweaty and Dwayne fits the bill.

      Delete
    5. @L
      ah, sorry, it was probably taken off the YouTube :( Try to find a new one there :(

      Glad you liked Melissa's interview with moi :)

      Delete
    6. @Anne
      you is talkin' about moi, or about Rock :))))

      Delete
    7. She's talking about you of course, Dez =)

      Delete
  6. Oh my heck, another G.I. Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dark Shadows: ugh. What a disappointment! I'm with Kristin: renter. If even that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, it seems that most people like it, I probably won't watch it, since Burton's film tend to be too long and too monotonous, but it will be a blockbuster for sure.

      Delete
  8. Well it won't take much to make G.I. Joe 2 better than one, so they don't have to set the bar high at least..lol...a Tim Burton movie with Depp, I didn't see that one coming, he almost never uses him, oh wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shocked as much as you are Cat :) He really is a diverse casting director ;)))

      Delete
    2. haha I think he lost all his diversity with those apes, there were just so many of them.

      Delete
    3. Helen Bonham was one of apes, If you recall LOL :)

      Delete
  9. I don't care what the cat says, I'm going to see Dark Shadows. The whole idea of an out-of-place Dracula trying to figure out the modern world is fun. That was a good clip Dez. Thanks for putting that up, it brightened my day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always happy when I manage to brighten up your day, darling ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for making me laugh on my page today. I'm off to shop and I'm going to send you an email tonight. You're the one person I can pour my heart out too, my little angel.

      Delete
    3. always at you service, milady ;)

      Delete
    4. I bought new seeds for my garden. Some catchfly and bee balm. Ooh they will be so pretty

      Delete
    5. I had to google those :) The spring has arrived here too. We had shocking 25*C today and I saw first radishes and spring onions today at the green market :) Had to buy me the spring onions and make me a nice salad for lunch with them, steamed carrots and mayo :)

      Delete
  10. Dark Shadows might be fun! It's more of a farce than the original series was, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious about Dark Shadows. I only saw a teensy bit of the original show when I was younger. This version looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tim Burton's making another film? Man, that guy's been a role lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dark Shadows looks like a lotta fun - I note from several interviews I've seen that Depp has a good sense of the ridiculous - doesn't take himself too seriously. Which is refreshing for such a big star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear his wife, who just left him, says the same about him :)))

      Delete
  14. Johnny Depp is so awesome...I love the trailer..specially the wicked ending..he..he...
    I am sad to read that his wife left him :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they divorced, but Vanessa Paradis was about to leave him recently. Not sure if it was due to adultery or if he is just too crazy for her? The kinda both look like booze addicts.

      Delete
  15. I think Dark Shadows look really fun.
    I wonder is there any Burton movie that doesn't have Deep? not that I am complaining

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...There are: Batman Returns, Planet of the Apes, Beetlejuice, Big Fish...:)

      Delete
    2. oh, BIG FISH was such a dreadful one, I expected sooo much, and got nothing, total borefest, and I couldn't stand my Ewan being mistreated that way :(

      Delete
  16. Lots of excitemet today. All these look wonderful.

    See ya tomorrow :)

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rock as GI Joe? Makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH! dark Shadows... amazing one

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! I am so dying to see Dark Shadows. Depp and Burton make incredible films together. I have loved every single one of them starting with Edward Scissorhands. I love their weird, dark and creeptacular films. My favorite kind. ;)

    Nathan Fillion rules! If they had a Hermes in the first Percy, he wasn't very memorable. No wonder they got Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe creeptacular indeed :) I'm just happy that he stopped working with Vinona, can't stand her.

      I don't remember Hermes from the first part either, but then again the only thing I remember from it is Uma Thurman shocking me with her drag queen Medeia ;)

      Delete
    2. I know, right? Winona is just...hell to the no. ;)

      Yes! Uma was shocking in the first film. Forgot about that. Shame on me. LOL

      Delete
  20. WHOOHOO nathan fillion!!!!
    my oldest son has read all of those percy jackson books at least five times each. so, i KNOW we'll be seeing the flick. hooray for nathan fillion eye candy on the big screen!

    and i'm really unsure about that dark shadows one...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was kinda meh about DARK SHADOWS but the whimsical trailer actually made me laugh out loud! I might actually make a trip to the cinema depending on the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stil meh, Flixy, although the trailer is really charming and hilarious :) It will be a blockbuster, but blockbusters usually leave me cold for some reason.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.