Friday, April 27, 2012

CHRISTINA RICCI IS THE EVIL SMURFETTE! TRAILER FOR MERYL STREEP'S & TOMMY LEE JONES' "HOPE SPRINGS"! NEW PICS FROM "LIFE OF PI" & "BRAVE"! SAOIRSE RONAN OFFICIALLY IN "NOAH"

Last year's animated flick THE SMURFS has become quite a hit around the world, and as I announced before the sequel is planned for 2013. A fresh update on the production over at "The Hollywood Reporter" says that Christina Ricci will lend her voice to Vexi, an evil version of Smurfette, who will again get her voice from that horrid screeching tart Katy Perry. It is also expected that Neil Patrick Harris and Hank Azaria will be in the cast again.  Meanwhile, Paramount has officially confirmed that Saoirse Ronan has joined Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly in dark Biblical epic NOAH and it was revealed that it will be a big, robust production of tremendous scale with the budget being at rather stunning $125 million.


HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
The first photo from Ang Lee's upcoming movie adaptation of famous LIFE OF PI novel is here. Ready to be released this December, the movie revolves around Pi Patel (young Suraj Sharma), who shares a
lifeboat with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, a hyena, an injured zebra, and an orangutan after a shipwreck. All animals in the film are CGI, which makes this picture even more amazing, since the tiger looks
extremely realistic. The film will also star Tobey Maguire and Gerard Depardieu. Speaking of cute animals, Pixar has released new pictures from this year's biggest animated adventure BRAVE showing three
adorable little bears whom Merida comes upon during her mission, and there's also the picture of their mother trying to save Merida from a hole.

And your trailer for today is the first adorable one for the upcoming comedy drama HOPE SPRINGS with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones
which will hit cinemas this August: Many years of marriage have left Maeve (Meryl Streep) wanting to spice things up and reconnect with her husband. When she hears of a famed relationship guru (Steve Carell) in the town of Great Hope Springs, she must persuade her skeptical husband (Tommy Lee Jones) to get on a plane for an intense week of marriage and sex therapy. Getting there was hard enough... Now shedding their bedroom hang ups, learning some new moves and rediscovering their youthful spark is when the real adventure begins.

52 comments:

  1. PI looks like a Singh movie from the pic you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiger's name is Richard Parker? That's...really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to watch the first smurfs movie! I didn't realize who was in it! Can't wait for the sequel either! Wanna see the evil smurf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well, it was a cute film and we do love Neil Patrick Harris!

      Delete
  4. I am really surprised that Smurfs was a big hit. Though I guesss I did watch it with my kids! And I do love Neil Patrick Harris.

    Hope Springs looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was an animated series of our childhoods so many people were nostalgic to see it.

      Delete
  5. Horrid screeching tart? Don't hold it in Dez, tell us how you really feel..haha Hope Springs doesn't look so bad either, Tommy Lee Jones usually makes half decent ones, ignoring that Man of the House thing and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I have to speak my heart out sometimes :)
      He is a kinda weird combination with Meryl, isn't he?

      Delete
    2. Yeah the combination is very weird. But I suppose that is why they need Carroll's help with the humpty hump..haha...nothing wrong with telling it like it is, the cat does that all the time.

      Delete
    3. Tommy is just weird in these kind of films, he doesn't look like someone who has a wife, especially not the divine Meryl :)

      Delete
    4. Sometimes the cat says too much and should have his tongue removed from his silly little head. How would he lick his arse then?

      Delete
    5. yes, we couldn't possibly do that to him, we shall spare his tongue, where else would we get the pics for tabloids around the world?

      Delete
    6. Yeah he doesn't mix well with women in general really. That cat can grow his tongue back just so you know, it was an experiment gone wrong. Well right for me.

      The blue guy is all over my shore today.

      Delete
    7. you have lizard genes, cat?
      All over your shore? Hope that means something naughty :)

      Delete
  6. Hope Springs looks a little predictable, but it could be funny to watch Meryl Streep in that part. "I just can't do that!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it looks so cute :) But, then again, Meryl is always cute!

      Delete
  7. I cringed when I read Katy Perry. I used to love to hear her music but got over it very quickly. Neil Patrick Harris on the other hand, he is adorable and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I first heard FIREWORKS I almost lost my ears to her horrid screeching. Such terrible singing is almost unimaginable.

      Delete
  8. Hope Springs looks delightful. I like the actors.

    And it's AMAZING what they can do with CGI these days. Soooo looking forward to Brave, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRAVE will be beyond amazing :) You have a new trailer for it over at our Facebook page :)

      Delete
  9. I really want to see Hope Springs! It looks like something very different. Oh, and I love Christina Ricci!! But, I'm not sure about the smurfs. I've never seen the show before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't? Omg, JAxy, where do you live? :)

      Delete
  10. I think I have to drag my hubby to see Hope Springs..ha..ha...and that Noah budget is epic high ~

    Happy day Dez~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he might learn something :))
      Happy day to you as well!

      Delete
  11. Life of Pi looks amazing, really looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen smurf yet and the sequel is already being prepared...how late can I be ;)

    If I am not mistaken, Hank Azaria is Bart Simpson, right?

    ow...I havent seen Tommy Lee in ages, I like that old man. I would love to see him with streep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen THE SMURFS either, but I do like the series on TV :)
      No, Bart gets his voice from an actress, Hank is Mo the pub keeper.

      Delete
  13. I don't know. Hope Springs sounds a little odd to watch, however, Streep is a great actress so I will probably check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life of Pi should be great. I loved the book. And I do love Meryl so this trailer had me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad to see something like Hope Springs on the screen. Rarely do I see films that deal with issues that are relevant to my life because they're all made for young people. As a woman who has been married for 22 years, this is very very funny and a bit true!! My daughter is waiting for Life of Pi and I'm waiting with her. It's going to be visually amazing and I'll be watching it to see the influence of Kurasawa as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is it possible that you've been married for 22 years, when you are only 35? :)

      Delete
    2. Darling, you'll have to add a few years to the 35 to get to my age.

      Delete
  16. they're making another smurf's movie?
    okay...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sad I know, but I actually quite enjoyed The Smurfs movie. The girls loved it!

    Plus Ricci is ding dong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ding dong, I like the word and I might borrow it :)

      Delete
  18. Ricci hasn't done anything in a while has she and the The Life of Pi pic is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricci had that PAN AM TV show last year at ABC but it was cancelled :)

      Delete
  19. I couldn't stand more than about 2 minutes of the smurfs, though I didn't really like it as a kid either. I'm not hyped about a Noah movie, since it's rare they do biblical movies well without putting a spin on it. Hope Springs however, sounds great. Two stellar performers in the leading roles, I'd watch it just because of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, Eric, you grumpster, how can you not like the Smurfs :PPP

      Delete
  20. The superb Saoirse Ronan in Noah. People are sure taking notice of this wonderful actress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Smurfette = blue; blue = beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not so much if we're talking about blue bruises and such things...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.