Saturday, April 28, 2012

COLIN FARRELL, LUKE EVANS, LIAM HEMSWORTH FOR THE LEAD IN "WINTER'S TALE"? TRAILER FOR "HICK" WITH EDDIE REDMAYNE & BLAKE LIVELY! BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH GETS BULKY FOR "STAR TREK 2" VILLAIN ROLE

While you impatiently wait for STAR TREK II which will appear on the big screens May next year, you might find it interesting to know that British star Benedict Cumberbatch (from BBC's SHERLOCK),
who is playing the villain role in the new adventures of the Enterprise space crew, has revealed that he has bulked up his previously lanky body and has grown two suit sizes. This means that everybody who thought he might be too thin for a scary nemesis, can now rest assured that Cumberbatch will have a muscly physique in the long awaited sf sequel. The film will again star Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, John Cho. You already know, that beside this sf role, we shall see, or hear, Cumberbatch this December in the fantasy epic of the decade - THE HOBBIT in which he plays a double role: he will lend his voice to Smaug, one of the last great dragons of Middle-earth who attacked the Dwarf kingdom of Erebor driving out the Dwarves and taking all of the treasure. He will also voice the Necromancer Ruler of the stronghold of Dol Guldur in southern Mirkwood.More about that in our extensive spotlight on THE HOBBIT cast!

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
One of the upcoming films which already has quite a strong cast, OUT OF THE FURNACE, has just landed Willem Dafoe. He will join Christian Bale, Zoe Saldana, Casey Affleck, Woody
Harrelson in the story about an ex-con who attempts to blend into his new surroundings in an Indiana town, but is haunted by a figure from his past, as "MovieWeb" reports today. Meanwhile, Irish hunk Colin Farrell, who is awaiting the premier of TOTAL RECALL remake later this year, might join WINTER'S TALE in the lead role, next to Will Smith and Russell Crowe. The complex fantasy story is set in both the 19th Century and present-day Manhattan and Colin would play a thief on the run who, when breaking into a wealthy man’s home, strikes up a relationship with the man’s terminally ill daughter. He later learns that he possesses the gift of reincarnation, and becomes determined to save her life.
Tom Hiddleston and Lily Collins are wanted for the roles in the film as well, and if Farrell doesn't get the role, Akiva Goldsman, the director, will try to negotiate with Welsh star Luke Evans, Liam Hemsworth, Benjamin Walker and Aaron Johnson (they all sound like better choices to me than Farrell).

The only trailer I have for you today is for dramatic comedy HICK which hits cinemas this May, so it's weird that this is the first trailer we see. A rather interesting and gorgeous cast, including Chloe Moretz,
Blake Lively, Eddie Redmayne, Alec Baldwin, Juliette Lewis, Anson Mount, Rory Culkin, stars in the story of a small town teen
Luli who escapes to Las Vegas, leaving behind her alcoholic and abusive parents. Armed with her smarts, a pistol and pocket money, she hitch-
hikes her way west. Along the way, Luli crosses paths with Eddie , an unstable rebel with questionable motives and Glenda , a cocaine-snorting drifter on the run.

59 comments:

  1. Voicing Smaug? Interesting choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what? Joshie, you haven't read that famous spotlight of mine before?

      Delete
  2. I was totally reading this until I reached the picture of Colin. Now I can't seem to concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another X-con movie hmm sometimes they turn out well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hick looks rather meh. You know I have never watched a Star Trek movie what so ever. And you just had to show Colin Farrell again huh? He always makes me throw up in my mouth, HATE him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never watched a STAR TREK movie? Well, the previous ones were rather meh, but the new one was great.
      Annzie will kill you when she hears it, cat!

      Delete
    2. Well she already threatened to kill me 1000 times or so, what's one more?

      Delete
    3. I will pull out his tongue for his insolence! And I bet that when you throw up in your mouth cat, you swallow it and say nom nom nom. You're disgusting.

      Delete
    4. @Pat
      it will be 1001st time then!

      Delete
    5. @Annzie
      nom nom LOL :))) I wonder if he feeds little eagles and owls with his vomit like that in their nests, dahling....

      Delete
    6. I don't know if he's thoughtful enough to do that. He's very selfish you know.

      Delete
    7. well, if he does, I imagine he does it only so that he could turn the little birds into nom nom when they grow up :( He is ebil, I tell you...

      Delete
    8. No one is safe from him darling. That's why the work of the Alliance is so necessary. We must rid the world of him and his kind.

      Delete
    9. Good luck with that, why not feed the birds and make them fat. A tasty meal for all then. So the can can play mother hen.

      Delete
    10. @Annzie
      well, we won't destroy him totally, since we're not ebil like that feline babybirdeater, but we will tame him and control him.

      Delete
    11. @Cat
      see, I know you better than you know yourself, Cat!

      Delete
    12. @Pat
      we share 2 things here. I also don't like Farrell ... and never watch Star Trek, but I will this time because of Benedict ;)

      Delete
    13. it seems we generally don't like Farell here then :)

      Delete
    14. I share something with someone I don't know, look what happens at your show. Yeah Farrell needs to go away. You put him on display but not Tom Cruise or RDJ, he is just as bad!

      Delete
    15. it's Annzie's prime directive to put Farell's hot pics around here as much as possible :)

      Delete
    16. Oh come one! Startrek II was the best. Pat, how come you've never seen it? (Or have you?) And that prequel was downright terrible, firing one reference to the older movies/series at us followed by another and yet another rather than offering us an original story. Would you believe me if I told you I fell asleep watching this movie at our local theater? Prequels... pffff.

      Delete
    17. I loved the prequel. The first STAR TREK film which I liked :)

      Delete
  5. I probably won't be checking out Hick. I really like Moretz, but I think she makes some odd movie role choices sometimes.

    And, yes, thanks for the picture of Colin. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sometimes, but always. I'd arrest her parents.
      Be welcome :)

      Delete
  6. I'd like to see Benedict Cumberbatch all buffed up. I reckon he'd make a great villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STAR TREK always had great villains in recent years, from Tom Hardy to Eric Banana :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, Hick looks nuts. And good too. THat Cumberbatch is looking mighty fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for The Hobbit mainly b/c my future girlfriend is in it!! I love Evangeline Lilly!!! Ohh, and again with the sexy Hemsworth brothers!! Chris is still single, right?? Right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same feelings for Luke Evans and Lee Pace who also star in the film :)
      I've no idea, Jaxy, if Chris Hunksworth is single, but I know his little bro Liam is still with that cutie pie Miley Curys.

      Delete
    2. Chris is very much married ~

      Delete
  9. I really have come to like Cumberbatch through the Sherlock series. I'm trying to picture him bulked up and can't. I'll have to see the pics than. Now I know how you feel about his acting abilities so I have to say thank you for putting a picture of my man on here today. Oooh he's so perdy, so dark, so dangerous so yummy.

    A word about Hick. I don't like it. While I was watching the trailer I had an urge to grab my daughter, hop a plane and take her out of the States and back home where everybody isn't carrying a gun and little girls aren't acting like sluts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love his treasure trail in the pic, don't we? Makes you wanna play with it for hours :)

      I totally share your feelings on HICK, and I'm a bit ashamed for posting it, since you know how I feel about the whole issue. I posted it because I had no other trailer and because I adore Eddie Redmayne.

      Delete
    2. And I'd love to find the treasure at the end of that trail nom nom nom.

      I wondered why you'd post such a thing darling. It was out of character for you. But we' can't watch it at the theatres, it would be wrong.

      Delete
    3. you did see it in his famous private video, yes? :)
      Yes, I'd never watch it in theatres, dahling, never!Even if Eddie would take me personally to see it.

      Delete
    4. I filmed the video dear. I own the original and watch it every day. And sometimes three times if it's raining out. Like it is today.

      Delete
    5. I knew you had a hand in it, or maybe two hands? :))))

      Delete
  10. It will be interesting seeing Cumberbatch bulked up.

    I didn't care for the Hick trailer, but I still might see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, I almost forgot they were making a Star Trek 2...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks cool!! I cant wait for Star Trek 2!!! One was too concusing with all that time travel stuff though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for returning the visit, brother! Hope we shall be seeing you here often :)

      Delete
  13. Violent, chaotic, controversial and funny...Hick sounds like the perfect film to me. ;)

    I'm sorry, but I just cannot get excited about Liam Hemsworth in anything. I am far too enamored of his brother. Shame on me, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it's interesting how different the two of them are. Kinda like Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estavez, or James and Dave Franco.

      Delete
    2. They are very different. And I usually am not so "in" one brother's camp. Maybe its because Liam has done nothing I'm all that interested in seeing.

      Delete
    3. yep, I can't even remember what exactly he did so far :) beside Miley Curys off course :)

      Delete
  14. That Hick trailer scares me (for young girls like her)...but I do like the movie premise...

    I read an old interview by Alex of you, last night...very insightful and you are talented. I do check celebrity sites for updates but yours is very professional and lacks the negativity that I see often in media outlet ~

    Have a good weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is sad how much today's films and books promote girls like that and make such behaviour a cool one :(
      Ooh, that's nice to hear, my dear, you should read the one I gave for Arlee Bird too, that's the long and indepth one :) It's up in the DEZZ ON TOUR section :)
      And thanks for that other thing too, my main goal always was to keep negativity away as much as possible :) and to fight against ebil fanboys off course :)

      Delete
  15. Whuaaaaaa.......whuaaaaaaaaa....you are killing me with that pic of my Benny!!!

    I don't even read the rest of the post...he glued my eyes!!

    i have seen his onscreen photo...hohoho looking really hot ;)

    can't wait to see Star trek and biting my nails everytime he shows up. I don't think I will be seeing much acting challenge there, so I might as well enjoy his good look ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like that pic :) I actually have a nice little stash of Benedict's pics which I will use in the future when he gets some new project :)

      Delete
  16. Colin Farrell in a remade Total Recall.... That's double the pain. Why-y-y-y-y-y?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you asked the same thing when I posted the trailer for the remake :)

      Delete
  17. The cast of Star Trek 2 just got a whole lot more impressive w/ Benedict Cumberbatch! I'm also excited to see our dear Karl in there, Dez.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.