Saturday, April 14, 2012

TRAILER FOR SF "LOOPER" WITH BRUCE WILLIS, EMILY BLUNT, JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT! DWAYNE JOHNSON IN SF "LORE"! LIAM HEMSWORTH, HARRISON FORD, GARRY OLDMAN HAVE "PARANOIA"

I think we are having an action Saturday today, my little freaks. First, "Deadline" reports that super charming Robert Luketic (LEGALLY
BLONDE) is preparing something different from what we would expect from him since he is working on espionage thriller PARANOIA which just got young Liam Hemsworth (the brother of Chris and boyfriend of Miley Cyrus) in the cast right beside Harrison Ford and Garry Oldman. This will be a movie adaptation of a novel by Joseph Finder in which the story revolves around a young man who funds a lavish retirement party for a co-worker with company funds, and is caught by his boss. Accused of embezzlement, he agrees to spy for the boss to avoid prosecution. He is forced to infiltrate a rival company and steal information on a top-secret project. Coming in the future, Liam also has ARABIAN NIGHTS epic with Anthony Hopkins and TIMELESS, a film about a man who is tormented by the things he left unsaid before his wife passed away so he uses the money his wife left him to build a time travel device, so he can see her one last time.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Since I know most of you like the kindest action star Dwayne Johnson, here's a piece of news on him: according to "The Hollywood Reporter", he will take a role in Warner Bros. sf action LORE. This is actually a movie adaptation of a graphic novel by Ashley Wood and T.P. Louise in which the story is set in a world full of mythical creatures long since held at bay by the secret society of Shepherds. But when the Shepherds' line of succession is broken, a reluctant hero finds her life threatened from every quarter. And the creatures are coming back: Will the Earth be ready for their return? As you remember, Dwayne is appearing this summer in G.I. JOE: RETALIATION next to Bruce Willis and Channing Tatum and also has DAVID AND GOLIATH epic to shoot next year with Taylor Lautner.

Ok, so as I promised this week, here's the first trailer for sf action LOOPER with a great cast lead by stunning Emily Blunt, Bruce
Willis and Joseph Gordon Levitt. Opening in cinemas this September, this time travel adventure thriller is set in a world which has time travel - but it is illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a looper - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to close the loop, sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. So, Bruce Willis plays the older version of Gordon Levitt. I don't like the look of the film in the trailer, looks very cheap to me.
And I want to thank again all of you who sent me nice Birthday wishes yesterday as well, you know HOLLYWOOD SPY loves you all! And thanks to British star Luke Evans (IMMORTALS, THE THREE MUSKETEERS, RAVEN) who made my day by sending me his congrats too!

56 comments:

  1. I have trouble taking The Rock seriously.

    I like the concept of LOOPER, but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a good concept, yep, hope the second trailer will look a bit better, and I've noticed most people are shocked by the mask that Levitt wears in order to look more similar to Bruce :)

      Delete
  2. I can already see some holes in Looper. I like time travel movies but I like it to realistic. Levitt was wearing a mask? Didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you didn't notice how strange his face is? It's visible even on the poster above :) I think that he is even wearing lenses in his eyes to make them blue.

      Delete
  3. I see Dwayne headed your way after the back massage he gave me yesterday. Thanks for sending him my way, much appreciated. hehehe

    What was that about a movie with him in it? Oh, yeah...looks good =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a miracle, but you no longer have back pain, yes? :)

      Delete
    2. Back pain? What's that? hehehe

      Delete
    3. BTW, I changed my name because of you. Well, not *because* of you, but because I adore the nickname you gave you. I'm now Elsie...whatcha think?

      Delete
    4. Oh Annzie is getting jealous Elsie. Dez is mine, mine, mine. All mine.

      Delete
    5. ladies, you do know that Dezzie is rather famous for giving nicknames to people :) Even to celebs :)

      Delete
    6. No need for jealousy, Annzie. All is fair in Love and War...and in the famous words of Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney (with a slight edit) "That Boy is Mine!"

      Delete
    7. Monica and Brandy also had a song called THE BOY IS MINE :)

      Delete
    8. Are you saying, Dezzie, that Anne should share you??

      We could pick on the evil cat!! =P

      Delete
    9. I know you do Dez. I was having a mock battle with the Mock Turtle. I emailed her last night and she knew I'd done this.

      Yes, let's all pick on the Cat.

      Delete
    10. Whew, thank goodness the Mock (Turtle) battle is over...I was getting all stressed out hehehe

      Hooray, let's pick on the cat!!! =)

      Delete
    11. but not on the bum, he likes being picked there :))))

      Delete
  4. I didn't know the Rock was still doing movies. I thought he went back to wrestling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does them a lot :) The latest one, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND JOURNEY 2 earned hundreds of millions around the world this February :)

      Delete
  5. Looper has me dizzy trying to figure out how the same person can be in two places at the same time and be years apart in age. I could never write time travel novels. Too many variables to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he :) well the old him comes back to kill the young himself :)

      Delete
    2. But if the young self gets killed, how can there be an old self? Gah! It makes me crazy. :)

      Delete
    3. I've no idea, dahling, we shall have to ask Bruce, you do have his number, yes? :)

      Delete
  6. Okay, I like the idea of Looper, but the trailer lost me. Hopefully a better trailer will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the Looper trailer...very exciting...I do like time travel themes as it makes me nuts about the why and why nots of existence ~

    I hope you had a nice bday... I am still high from all the wishes and nice comments I got from my blogoversary post ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it made my day that dozens and dozes of my dear friends congratulated me over at Face and Twitter and that even some dear celebs wished me a happy B-day.. such a nice feeling... they all know the spy loves them :)

      Delete
  8. Looper does throughout look like it was cheaply made with the gritty reel stuff. And it makes no sense what so ever. You're future self can't come back to kill your younger self because if you kill your younger self then there can be no future self to come back and kill you. Stupid!

    Well I don't want to be a spy so I'll remember not to embezzle...lol...the rock one sounds okay, we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, you don't think the producer would make the film if there wasn't some kind of catch in the plot :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmm depends on the producer of course, as many surely would.

      Delete
  9. Hi Dezzy - Liam is such a cutie. I can't wait to see him in another film. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Shells, you too! Hope the new house is a fun house :)

      Delete
  10. looper seems so interesting... i tend not to like the look of willis films (excluding the sixth element), but Gordon Levitt is amazing in everything, so i still have high hopes for it.
    did you ever see 50/50?

    also, LORE sounds AWESOME! AND the rock is in it! double bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't really like Bruce's films, I only loved MOONLIGHT with him and Sybil Shepherd as a kid :)

      Delete
  11. You know I like fantasy films so Lore would interest me. And Dwayne is a handsome man. You're right Looper does look cheaply made, but I wonder if they were going for something of certain style with this. Reminds me a bit of the late 80's look of films. I'm probably wrong and they just didn't spend the money on it. I still like Bruce, even though the movie doesn't look that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LORE does seem like a possibly nice film! I love that Dwayne is such a sweet man and that he plays in family films.

      Delete
  12. Read my email before you read my post luv.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday and congrats on Mr. Evans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robson :) Evans is such a nice fella! Love him heaps!

      Delete
  14. I love love love time travel stories so Loopers looks and sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I also love me sf! I loved the time travel factor in STAR TREK ENTERPRISE, when they had that federation agent coming down from the future to help them against the Suliban!

      Delete
  15. Looper looks like it's going to confuse the heck out of me. I think I may skip that one! But...as for those Hemsworth Brothers...I saw Cabin in the Woods last night. While the plot of the story was ridiculous, Chris Hemworth topless would make me go see it again and again and again...LOL Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's a topless Chris Hunksworth in the woods? Better get my camping gear then :)

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed Joseph Finder's Paranoia.

    Dwayne Johnson pics are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he my ladies always appreciate Rock's pics :) It's the same with my boys and Olivia Wilde :)

      Delete
  17. Apart from the time travel mess-with-your-head convoluted plot line, Loopers LOOKS like a better version of Jumpers (the latter of which promised much but ended up just annoying the crap outa me) ...maybe. Bruce seems to make interesting actioners but there have been a few turkeys - hope this ain't one of 'em! Maybe I should just stick with Ridley Scott's 'Promethius' for my SF hit.

    I also just noticed Seth Rogan in a STRAIGHT romance (what the... ) with 'Take This Waltz' (your previous post). Talk about mess-with-your-head - still trying to get over his 'Ted' with Mark Wahlberg - now THAT'S the Sort of thing I usually associate Seth with (very crude and frequently very funny). 'Waltz' looks like a good movie too but can Rogan do straight roles credibly? Dunno 'bout that one.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, JUMPERS was pretty bad :) but, then again, Haiden is always as horrid in acting as he is great in the looking department.

      Delete
  18. Sorry - wrong Seth - 'Ted' is MacFarlane, as in The Family Guy dude. Comment about Rogan still stands though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally have no idea who is MacFarlane, Doc :) When it comes to Rogen, I don't like him, personally, since he is that type of crude and rude comedian... don't like that. So it's hard taking him as a nice husband in the film.

      Delete
  19. Sorry to confuse you Dezz - (Seth) MacFarlane is the voice of the Peter Griffin character in the cartoon series 'Family Guy' - which is often very wrong but my kids luv it even more than 'South Park'. Agree with your comments on Rogen - why do so many comedians like him always go too far trying to be funny? A bit of crudity can be hilarious in the right context but there's no subtelty in Rogen's delivery - he beats you to death with it so much the original joke, even if it was actually funny, is completely lost. To be frank I think it a trend in Hollywood comedies lately. About as subtle as a brick but not quite as funny!

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.