Sunday, April 8, 2012

HOLLYWOOD SPY'S SPOTLIGHT ON PIXAR'S ANIMATED EPIC "BRAVE" WITH EMMA THOMPSON, KEVIN MCKIDD, JULIE WALTERS, CRAIG FERGUSON, BILLY CONNOLLY!

There have been so many  absolutely gorgeous pictures and posters released for this year's most anticipated animated film BRAVE recently, that I just had to do a whole spotlight on this utterly delightful and positively charming film which has huge chances of doing what HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON did last year - become the best film of the year in all genres not just in the animated one, since, after all, animated flicks have become the last haven of warm emotions and heart warming vibes coming from the big screens. And it seems to have all - mind blowing visuals, with intricate and extremely vivid details in landscapes and characters (beside Merida herself, her triplet brothers seem incredibly charming and cute, not to mention the rest of the
hilarious Scottish clan in the story), enchanting humour, lovely voice cast, inspiring and entertaining story and amazing colours which make you think you're lost in a dream captured on film. Click on the pictures to see them bigger!
THE BRAVE STORY
Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged & mysterious
Highlands of Scotland. In BRAVE a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts. Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and
Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson) and
cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane). Merida’s actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Wise Woman (voice of Julie Walters) for
help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it’s too late.
THE BRAVE TIDBITS
Directed by Mark Andrews ("The Incredibles", "Ratatouille", "John Carter") and Brenda Chapman ("The Lion King", "Prince of Egypt"), and produced by Katherine Sarafian ("The Incredibles"), BRAVE
is a grand adventure full of heart, memorable characters and the signature Pixar humor enjoyed by audiences of all ages. The film takes aim at theaters on June 22, 2012! This is the first film in Pixar's
history to have a female protagonist, and Reese Witherspoon was first supposed to give voice to the lead character of Merida, but she left the project due to scheduling conflicts! The film was originally titled THE BEAR AND THE BOW! According to IMDB 80% of the film
was set in the snow, but that was totally changed when the first director was replaced. Merida's doll will be the first one from Pixar animated characters to appear in Disney's princess doll collection (see the photo above)!

62 comments:

  1. Can't wait for this. Pixar rarely disappoints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Leon, it will be the treat of the year :)

      Delete
  2. I spotlighted this show a few days ago. Great post. I love Pixar and can't wait for Brave. This month, nearly every one of my posts has some kind of Pixar tie-in. They're like the Bible...you can read the material any way you want to support your agenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Mikey, I've been there :)
      It could quite possibly be the loveliest film of the year

      Delete
  3. Yep surely has the chance to be film of the year. As long as Pixar stays away from sequels, except for Toy Story, they were good sequels, then they almost always make good films. All the characters in this one look great too, each having their own quirk of sorts. Brave shouldn't disappoint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love quirky characters too in BRAVE :)
      Not sure I agree with you on TOY STORY, cat, that's one of the very few animated flicks I've never understood :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah quirky is always fun. For that cat is that and then some..haha. Never understood that one, geez. But I suppose there are always a few. But then anything beats Cars 2.

      Delete
    3. it's possible that it is because here we don't have such toys as kids, so the film doesn't have the same appeal to us.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I suppose that would be a good reason. Never thought of it like that.

      Delete
    5. What did you play with as a kid?
      I didn't have much toys, so I spent most of my time drawing a lot, pen and paper were my fave toys ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow, love the animation and those triplets look so cool. This is one I'm putting on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The preview looks adorable! I love Pixar films - Toy Story being my favorite. To bad Witherspoon had to back out of it, I like her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous!! Can't wait - Pixar movies rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a woman I am so happy that we finally get a warrior princess from Disney and it took Pixar to do it. A girl-centric adventure that will take the theaters by storm. Thank you for this awesome, awesome spotlight, my darling. You rule the Hollywood Universe as far as I'm concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dahling, nice to know I rule at least some part of the universe :)))

      Delete
  8. That's a whole lot of Brave!!! LOL And I agree w/ Melissa, above! It's about time that the woman was a fighting hero and not some pathetic damsel in distress. :)

    Have an amazing Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, my sisters like these kind of girl power stories :))

      Delete
  9. I just love the pictures for this movie. The characters are adorable. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also already in love with the characters and we haven't even seen the film yet :) I bet you feel sorry now that you didn't steal some Scottish triplets back when you were near Edinburgh :)

      Delete
  10. i'm just so so so so sooooo excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo a spunky red-headed lead - rather like my story! Awesome :D the more the merrier *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the best animated hair ever, isn't it, hope Tangled won't mind :)

      Delete
  12. I can't wait for this movie either. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a super fan of the art style, but I'm glad that little girls will have a strong role model from the protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you no likey this animation??? Oh, Shaw :(

      Delete
  14. I usually not that interested with Pixar....most of my Pixar animations were watched in TV, I am patiently waiting for them in TV...not even renting a DVD...however, this one seems like a very nice animation, for the first time ever, I want to see PIxar in cinema.

    Thank you for this nice tidbits, Dez :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the BRAVE trailer ~ very cool and appeals to me (and my daughter)

    Happy Easter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both of you will love the film :)
      Happy Easter too!

      Delete
  16. Looks like a great movie! My daughter wants to see Brave so badly. BUT, Emma Thompson has a horrible Scottish accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she does? You daughter will enjoy it a lot, I'm sure, and you can buy her the doll too :) You will be a very popular dad :)

      Delete
  17. I've always liked pixar movies I'll definitely see this one

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait for this. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome. And I like the way u write posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, glad to hear you like HOLLYWOOD SPY style :))

      Delete
  20. Hi Dezz - miss you! I loved HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON - and WILL see Brave when it gets here.

    Great pics - the animation for this is outstanding.

    I had to come up for air...knee deep in this A to Z stuff!!!

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will love the film!
      I've noticed that a lot of people are in AZ, but I also noticed that most are unprepared and have very bad posts :( I don't like seeing that in future writers :( I mean how do they expect to write a book if they can't write an interesting post? You are among the very few who have some kind of AZ plan.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dezzie - your kind words mean a lot.
      I think there is a fair bit of stress out there this year - pressure to have things done in advance my be at fault a little here.

      I have been enjoying the group I was assigned, numbers 329 - 413, there are some interesting blogs in this group. I also picked some random ones just to add to my list.

      Definitely interesting!

      Delete
    3. I don't know, Jennzie, I've also noticed a trend of writing about death, killings and such morbid things. I'll never understand people who would choose to write about such things... and I'm a psychologist :(

      Delete
    4. Do I take that seriously? You a psychologist? Because I really could use a little help with my "bad" choices...
      Milk or Dark... chocolate etc... (read between the lines) hehehe
      (I could fly out there for a session on the couch!)

      Yah, all the "dark" talk doesn't really work for me...and I find some of the topic get to me too...like "G for Getting Drunk" - and some of the "C" and "F" post were really so 70's...like lose the bad language already and move on!

      But, my task, as co-host, is just to read and not pass judgement, so I don't...still, it leaves me wondering!!

      Delete
    5. yep, but my primary profession is book translation :) and language teaching :)
      I'm the vanilla type, not the chocolate one :) Profound enjoyment in the colours of life against straightforward short-term indulgence :)

      Drinking, drugs, death, bad language, get a shrink, don't throw it all on poor readers, that's my motto :)

      Delete
    6. Big smiles... (we are on the same page - in the book of life)

      I have so enjoyed our little bantering...until our next one.

      Hugs dear Dezzie...you are a real treat out here in Bloggerville!

      Delete
    7. ta ta, Jennzie, and thanks for thinking me is a treat :)

      Delete
  21. I can see Brave being an epic film - Pixar rarely put a foot wrong and this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it looks positively epic and super great :)

      Delete
  22. I absolutely can't wait for this movie, Dez, it's gonna be epic!! These photos are gorgeous, and those three little redheads are too adorable. Thanks for spotlighting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the triplets are ever so cute, aren't they, I wanna steal them and adopt them :)

      Delete
  23. This is looking gorgeous! I can't wait to see this. Looks like it'll be one of my highlights this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Já assisti este filme e recomendo é muito legal!!!!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.