Monday, April 30, 2012

TONI COLLETTE & DEV PATEL IN "DEFIANT"! NEW FILM VERSIONS OF KIPLING'S "THE JUNGLE BOOK" & GAIMAN'S "THE GRAVEYARD BOOK"! TRAILER FOR PAUL RUDD'S "THIS IS 40" COMEDY FILM!

 One of the most talented actresses out there, amazing Toni Collette has been  mentioned a lot recently since she's got four new roles(in ALFRED HITCHCOCK AND THE MAKING OF PSYCHO she plays the director's assistant next to Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren, in THE WAY, WAY BACK she will star next to Steve Carell, there are also MISS YOU ALREADY with Jennifer Aniston and LONG WAY DOWN with Pierce Brosnan ), and now she has a brand new one: according to "Variety" she will join young Dev Patel in DEFIANT, a Bill Bennett's thriller set in the world of "honor" killings in India. Based on true events, the story centres on two young lovers in India on the run from their parents who want to kill them because they want to marry against their wishes. When an Emmy winning journalist sets out after them to cover the story, she risks her own life to try and save them. Collette will star as the journalist and Patel will portray one of the lovers. The film will shoot in North India with principal photography slated to begin in late October.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Since it is a huge movie trend to shoot films based on classic novels (ANNA KARENINA with Jude Law and Aaron Johnson, LES
MISERABLES with Hugh Jackman, Eddie Redmayne, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and THERESE RAQUIN which started shooting last week in Serbia with Jessica Lange and Oscar Isaac), Warner Bross. is planning a live action movie adaptation of famous THE JUNGLE BOOK by Rudyard Kipling. The story, which follows a brave boy Mowgli who grew up and lives in a jungle alongside wild animals, will be directed by Steve Kloves who previously directed THE FAMOUS BAKER BOYS and who also did screenplays for all HARRY PLOPPER films. It is interesting that Disney
has, at the same time, bought the film rights on THE GRAVEYARD BOOK by Neil Gaiman, which brings a spin on Kipling's classic by focusing on a boy who wasn't raised by animals in a jungle like Mowgli, but by ghosts at a graveyard.

THIS IS 40 TRAILER
Universal has released the first trailer for new comedy THIS IS 40 coming to cinemas this December. Directed by Judd Apatow and starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann, the film depicts the cruel
nature of middle age. It's a kind of a sequel to KNOCKED UP from a few years ago since it gives us a look of Pete and Debbie's life a few years after the events from the previous film. The cast also includes Megan Fox, Jason Segel, John Litgow, Melissa McCarthy...

45 comments:

  1. Dez, this is by far - the best preview I have seen on here yet! I am crying from laughing so hard. Yep, going back to watch it again. I don't care if I'm over my blasted trigger - I AM SEEING THIS MOVIE when it comes out in theatre!!! I LOVE Melissa McCarthy - but - you knew that as well as you knew I love comedies. Whew...funny, Dezzie, funny!!!! Thank you for giving me the best laugh of my weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay - watched it four times...

      Delete
    2. So I reckon Paul Rudd with his legs spread apart made you laugh :))

      Delete
    3. That'd be the part that made me laugh the hardest! The mirror, the iPhone!! Along with McCarthy's line (wasn't sure I could put that in your comments but I just about died laughing =) Think I'll watch it again since I'm here =)

      Delete
    4. we do love us Melissa and Rudd :)

      Delete
  2. Remaking the jungle book hmmm I guess its been a few years lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which seems to be a period long enough in Hollywood these days :(

      Delete
  3. Wow, looks like Disney really has completely run out of ideas. They're just trying to remake everything. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Paul Rudd and his movies. He cracks me up and is cute!!

    P.S. Our show, Once Upon a Time, is on tonight and it's supposed to be AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is really cracked up in the trailer :)
      I'm on episode 16 of ONCE UPON A TIME :) I'm a bit behind since I watch it over torrents :)

      Delete
  5. Jungle Book is one of my favorite novels. Had no idea The Graveyard Book was a take off on it. The Gaiman book is on my to be read list.

    And I LOVE how This is 40 is described as a look at "the cruel nature of middle age." >note sarcasm<

    Blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that's what the studio wrote, not me :)) Although I do already feel the cruelty of middle age eventhough I'm years away from it :(

      Delete
  6. Oh lordy, I totally relate to that 40s movie and I have another few years to go. Sheesh. What's sad is I remember when the original Jungle Book came out...kinda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just said that in the comment above :) we're on the same wavelength tonight ;)

      Delete
  7. It's good to see Toni Collette so busy!
    I'm thrilled about the Graveyard Book. It's a fabulous read. I'm not sure they can capture the same magic though. And, no surprises, the Jungle Book is exciting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have The Graveyard book on my shelf. I hope to read it soon.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  9. A jungle book movie again? How many friggin time can the same id be raised by wolves or bears or panthers or whatever? Geesh pathetic.

    LMAO oh the payback line was great. I like most movies with Paul Rudd. So sure I'll like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly cat, don't you know that Kipling wrote this in the 1800's and that he was a Nobel Laureate? His work was a masterpiece of allegory and deserves to be made properly with all the political and social undertones that were an issue during it's historical period.

      This is what comes from eating your own poo cat.

      Delete
    2. @Cat
      I must admit I've never seen any of the films :) although I know there was one with that Asian actor ... what's his name?
      We do like Rudd for sure!

      Delete
    3. @Annzie
      I believe we still have similar political issues :(
      We should send our cat to Oxbridge or Camford, what do you think?

      Delete
    4. The cat does not need political issues from wolves, or tigers or bears oh my! He will just pass gas and they will all die. Issue solved!

      Yeah there was one with an asian actor, wasn't very good.

      Delete
    5. yes, we all know how much your gas is lethal, cat!

      Delete
  10. The jungle book will be interesting as a live action movie. And I enjoyed Gaiman's Graveyard Book. It will be interesting to see how it translates to film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of blogging writers love the writer...

      Delete
  11. I hope The Jungle Book is done well this time. Disney completed destroyed Kiplings work and hence no one in America had any idea of the true meaning behind the stories. Walt Disney destroyed some of the best fairy tales written by the Brothers Grimm as well. No one in the States knows about the originals or for the audience they were specifically written for. Walt is burning in Hell right now.

    This is 40 looks really funny and thankfully another film not aimed at a young audience. I was watching that woman push her husband around though and my Hubby would never take that from me. I'm feisty but he's not hen-pecked. (the hen-pecking freak out is what makes the movie a fun watch though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what was the true meaning of the book, darling? Tell us, so that the American readers of the blog could learn something.
      Walt is burning in ice, I believe :) He crionized his body as far as I know :))
      I hate aggressive wives just as much as I hate aggressive husbands. Men sometimes molest their wives physically, but women often molest their husbands psychologically.

      Delete
    2. Geez she really has it in for poor old Walt.

      Delete
    3. well, Walt really was a naughty man. You do remember that he had some connections even with the Nazis ;(

      Delete
    4. He had connections with the Nazis? Only thing I knew about him was the author of Mary Poppins hated his guts over the movie he made.

      Delete
    5. yep, there are quite a lot of texts around the web, about him being a supporter of the Nazis back in his day. Not sure if it's true. But we do know that he was a weird man. Kinda like Charlie Chuplin who was despised grumpster in his private life.

      Delete
  12. I look forward to seeing the Jungle Book, the movie as a kid was awesome. However, after Disnys flub w John Carter, mixed with the commonality of Disney to just "Remake" everything they can get their hands on, I'm foreccasting mixed reviews and feelings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I despize Disney for what they did to amazing JOHN CARTER. They killed a stunning film by not marketing it right from the very beginning :((((

      Delete
  13. If the movie is live action, why does the poster make it look like a cartoon...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the poster is random :) I put it there just as an illustration.

      Delete
  14. I absolutely adore Colette. She is great and it is brilliant re watching Muriel. She makes me die in that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I watched MURIEL at least ten times, Scottie, and I can always watch it again :) Have you seen her in DEAD GIRL? I think you would adore that one.

      Delete
  15. I love, love Toni and am so happy that she is getting all these roles. defiant sounds like a great, thrilling movie.

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a hot one, it's 30*C here already :(((
      You know how much I love Toni myself!

      Delete
  16. A new jungle book sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I can't wait for the Neil Gaiman movie. I've been scarce during April...lots of stuff going on Dezzy *hugs. I had to go out of state to put my mom in a nursing home. But things are returning to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, hope your mom is well in the nursing home now :(

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.