Friday, April 20, 2012

CHARLIZE THERON IN SF FILM "AGENT 13"! TONI COLLETTE & STEVE CARELL IN "THE WAY, WAY BACK"! SEDUCTIVE TRAILER FOR "MAGIC MIKE" WITH CHANNING TATUM, ALEX PETTYFER, MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY, MATT BOMER, OLIVIA MUNN!

You know how last year I mentioned how Charlize Theron has been present in the film business for some time now, has the looks and the talent, but has never actually
had a big film to be remembered by. Well, it seems that those days are gone, and that this will definitely be her year. She kicked it off earlier this winter with her praised role in YOUNG ADULT (earning critics' approval after her MONSTER Oscar winning role), and then later this summer she has two major blockbusters - Ridley Scott's sf epic PROMETHEUS with Michael Fassbender and SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN with Chris Hemsworth in which she will look all divine and naughty as the evil queen. You've seen the trailers for both films and know how Charlize dominates in both. And now a new project has been announced for Charlize: according to "Variety" she has closed the deal to star in currently mysterious sf flick AGENT 13. The plot is kept under wraps but there's a battle between studios for it and it will be directed by Rupert Wyatt who helmed RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES blockbuster last year! Charlize is also to appear in MAD MAX: FURY ROAD next to Tom Hardy, but that one is in status hiatus.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
One of this year's numerous classic novel movie adaptations Emile
Zola's THERESE RAQUIN is all ready to start shooting soon and the update is that it will be shot in Serbia with Jessica Lange, Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar Isaac and crazy Matt Lucas (LITTLE BRITAIN, BRIDESMAIDS) in the lead roles. Elizabeth Olsen plays the title character, who is trapped in a loveless marriage to her sickly first cousin, Camille (Tom Felton), and living with his mother (Jessica Lange). She begins an illicit love affair with Camille’s friend Laurent, which leads to a tragic outcome for all three. Meanwhile, one of HOLLYWOOD SPY's favourite actresses, divine Toni Collette will join Steve Carell in THE WAY, WAY BACK. Sam Rockwell  and Annasophia Robb will also star in the story which follows a teen boy who struggles to find himself as he comes to terms with his unattentive mother (Collette) and cheating stepfather (Carell) during summer vacation 

The only trailer for today is for a film which my ladies will flock to see: dramatic comedy MAGIC MIKE which hits cinemas this June, and has a rather hunky cast including Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer, Matthew McConaughey, Adam Rodriguez,
Joe Manganiello and Olivia Munn. Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the film is set in the world of male stripping and is actually inspired by Channing Tatum's own early days. The story revolves around Mike (Channing Tatum) who takes a young dancer
called The Kid (Alex Pettyfer) under his wing and schools him in the fine arts of partying, picking up women, and making easy money. As you can see from the trailer and the pictures, all of the boys are in shape and ready to dance away scantily clad when the film premiers this summer.

41 comments:

  1. Ms Theron is a great actress. I look forward to seeing her in Prometheus even though I'd preferred an unknown face. The funny thing about her is she looks ompletely different in very movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she does, and in MAD MAX she is supposed to play Furiosa, a woman without an arm if I got it right.

      Delete
    2. That stupid fast typing of mine (ours :D )

      MAD MAX.... are you serious?. I remember watching MAD MAX 2 as a kid. I wasn't even allowed to watch it, but I'd found my way inside the local theater anyway. I remember that scene where that guy is trying to catch the boomerang. Ouch! Chop chop.

      Delete
    3. my fave was that desert stronghold made out of vans and lorries :) and with fireblasters :) And me was afraid of Tina Turner as a kid thanks to her role in MAD MAX, even though I loved loved loved her music.

      Delete
  2. Looks like it's Charlize Theron's year. She is so freaking gorgeous. I should hate her, but I love her. :))

    And Magic Mike might have a little more meat to the story than I first thought. Do what you will with that comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you should see some of her latest photo shoots, she is stunning with longer hair.
      Really? I actually expected more meat :PP

      Delete
  3. Theron is so beautiful and I'm glad her talent is finally getting recognition. Magic Mike is a surprisingly funny and serious movie. Seriously sexy, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, now, photos like that one of Charlize is why so many women hate their bodies ;)
    AGENT 13 has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same hate in me when I see naked Chris Evans :) It's mostly selfhate of course :)

      Delete
  5. CT in Magic Mike is so hilarious and drool worthy... Thanks for the trailer ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. had to do something nice for my ladies today :)))

      Delete
  6. Can't say the cat is impressed by a bunch of half naked dancing men. But yeah Theron has some good movies, or at least sound good, coming out. Not so sure on snow white though as that has been done to death lately but still, Promethus will more than make up for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. strange how you notice and comment on naked men, when there's naked Charlize staring at you seductively from the top of the post :P

      Delete
    2. There are more naked men though...hahaha...plus she is attractive but she isn't Kate. Give me a nude pic of her and I'll see nothing else..haha

      Delete
    3. ah, you know, before the smell of cheese brought you to HOLLYWOOD SPY :) last year, I did post a lot of mega hot pics of Beckinsale at my bay :) She was actually my main weapon of satisfying my boys here with some eye candy before Olivia Wilde became more successful in doing that :)

      Delete
    4. She isn't Kate.... talk about picky!

      Delete
  7. Dang, Carrel as a cheater..boo! But, I don't mind that Magic Mike picture. Thanks for the eye candy, Dezzie =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that pic of Charlize...made my day so much brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be welcome, my boys always love it when I post that pic :)

      Delete
  9. What a movie Magic Mike is going to be. The trailer made my night. ;)

    And I can't wait to see Charlize shine some more in Prometheus and as the evil queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only night? :P
      It should be her year finally! Hope Winslet and Blanchett will have their blockbuster years too soon! And Zeta Jones of course!

      Delete
  10. Olivia Munn is in a movie about strippers, but it's male strippers. Well talk about dissapointed... Oh well I guess it's attack of the show reruns for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dezz - what are you doing to me - putting a picture as hawt as that of Charlize at the top of your post! Damn near got whiplash of the eyeballs just tryin' to scroll past it!!

    She is just smokin' AND the woman can act too. I think she's a better-looking version of Meryl Streep - also has the chameleon-like ability to radically change her appearance depending on the role. I notice she seems to pick good roles to play too - I can't think of any turkeys she's appeared in.

    Thanks for posting the pic of her - its made my day too!

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I've posted that pic of hers at least three of four times now :) Boys seem to like it whenever I do it so I keep repeating it :) I have some others from the same golden black photo shoot :)

      Delete
  12. Reminds me of a movie I watched about these bunch of people wanted to start their own stripper show, it was absolutely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Theron is amazing, beautiful and I love her... need i say more?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend mentioned recently what had happened to Mad Max and now I can tell him, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be welcome, it's an expensive production, it will be done Down Under, but I think they still don't have enough money and thus the delay.

      Delete
  15. Um, yeah. I think I'll be seeing Magic Mike...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not interested with Magic Mike but Agent 13 sounds like a great one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha.. yes, you do not like lovely naked bodies like your spy does :)

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't mind if the body belong to either Cilli or Benny or Paul ;)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.