Monday, March 19, 2012

MIND BLOWING NEW TRAILER FOR "PROMETHEUS" WITH CHARLIZE THERON, MICHAEL FASSBENDER, PATRICK WILSON! RODRIGO SANTORO TO JOIN "300: BATTLE OF ARTEMISIA"? GERARD BUTLER IN "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN"!

Great news people. All of you who are fans of legendary and ground breaking epic 300, which earned hundreds of millions of dollars worldwide last decade introducing us to some of the actors who will later on become the
biggest male stars (from Gerard Butler to Michael Fassbender), will be happy to hear that the producers are in talks to bring back amazing Rodrigo Santoro to the sequel titled 300: BATTLE OF ARTEMISIA, in which he would repeat his stunning role of the Persian king Xerxes since the second film will follow his rise and the battles which happened between him and the Greeks before the famous battle from 300. You probably remember from my previous posts that Australian hunk Sullivan Stapleton has been added in the lead role of the Greek general Themistocles, while Eva Green will probably take the role of the evil sorceress Artemisia who convinces Xerxes to go into battle.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
I've recently announced that director Tony Kaye is preparing an interesting thriller ATTACHMENT in which Sharon Stone would play a married woman and teacher who shares a night of infidelity
with one of her young students. But afterwards, the trouble emerge when he not only starts to date her own teenage daughter but also begins to stalk her and her family playing a weird psychological game with her. Well, the update which comes from "Variety" is that HARRY PLOPPER villain Tom Felton could go evil again taking the role of the naughty boy. He sure does have evil look about him. Meanwhile, Gerard Butler will star in OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, described as a "Die Hard" in the White House in which the story follows a down-on-his-luck ex-Secret Service agent who becomes America's only hope when 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is taken over by terrorists.

Probably the main cinematic treat this weekend was the second super exciting trailer for Ridley Scott's sf flick PROMETHEUS which will appeal to all of those
who grew up with his ALIEN films, since this one is a sort of a prequel in which the famous director returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a ground breaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. The cast of the upcoming summer blockbuster which opens up in cinemas June 8th includes mind blowing trio Charlize
Theron, Michael Fassbender and Patrick Wilson, alongside Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Rafe Spall, Logan Marshall Green.

47 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Exciting news all the way around. I can't wait to see Rodrigo as Xerxes again. Such a beautiful man.

    This Prometheus trailer is even more thrilling than the first. I've got June 8 highlighted and starred on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the two of us are the high priests of Santoro cult :)
      That's what I call a stunning trailer. Not the film, but the trailer. Such an amazing beginning and then the shocking whirlpool of awesomeness in the end of the clip :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Oh WOw!! That PROMETHEUS trailer looks AND sounds amazing!!!!!!! I'm super excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the whole blogosphere is excited about it this weekend :)

      Delete
    2. I don't think I've seen it advertised in Oz yet. Siiigh. We are still waiting for Once Upon A Time. It's been advertised on one of our commercial channels for about 2 months, but with no sign of them actually showing it! Rawr!

      Delete
    3. ONCE UPON A TIME has started airing both in UK and in Serbia a few weeks ago, but I'm already on episode 16 :) since I watched it thanks to Torrents :)

      Delete
    4. rawr!!!!!!!!!! The world is so small these days and yet there's massive, gaping chasms around. It's so frustrating being the LAST country to get cool shows!

      Delete
    5. you're telling me? :) None of the national channels in my country airs new shows, the little that we can catch on TV is on cable channels (not our cable channels, but FOX or HBO channels for this part of Europe, which we pay for through our cable operators).

      Delete
  3. And I can't wait to see this epic film in big screen this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope it isn't being overhyped

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 300 prequel should be pretty good if they can keep the quality of the first. A stalker kid, just what the world needs. Of course old Basic Instinct prob likes it. The Prometheus trailer looks great, another one I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should, I like the lead actors, not counting the horrid witch :)

      Delete
    2. What witches get under the dragon's skin?..haha

      Delete
    3. the one playing Artemisia :)

      Delete
  6. I saw Act of valor yesterday was pretty neat but just to similar to other military movies. Shooting complete mission cool explosions oh no someone died sad scene but It wan't bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch nor like military movies, Baur :)

      Delete
  7. Prometheus is going to be HUGE! Really looking forward to that one. Such an exciting trailer. And what a goof. I didn't even realize Mr. Fass My Benders was in it. Now I'm doubly excited. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, both Fass My Benders and Patrick Me Wilson, although we haven't seen him in the trailer :)

      Delete
  8. Aww Tom Felton typecasted as the bad boy? I'm sure most fan girls wouldn't mind that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw the Prometheus trailer earlier
    I just hope Idris Elba doesn't get killed off early on

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing about this post that I don't like. Thanks, DEZ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't forget to drop by this evening, I will have a piece of info on THE WALKING DEAD season 3 :) Somebody is coming back to the cast....

      Delete
    2. You get me, DEZ. Hopefully I'll have watched the season finale by then.

      Delete
    3. for some reason, tonight's post will be all about horror films and shows. Strange for me, but that's what this Monday brought us.

      Delete
  11. It's got some cheesy dialog but the glimpse of the face hugger redeemed it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheesy is the inescapable thing in today's movies ;)

      Delete
  12. tom felton did well in rise of the planet of the apes, so i have no doubt he'll be able to pull off this evil character as well.. but you'd think he'd try to improve his range of roles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he played in the apes too? I skipped that one ;)

      Delete
  13. Mind-blowing is the perfect description for the Prometheus trailer Dezzy!

    I quite like the premise of 'Die Hard' in the White House for our Gerry Berry, now we just need a decent script and a capable director to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't say I agree, Flixy, can't stand terrorist films, Americans like to use "terrorist" qualifier whenever they lead negative political propaganda or when they want to set a playground for their bloody invasions :(

      Delete
    2. Well I'm sure it's not as simple as that Dez.

      Delete
    3. trust me it is, but most of you don't realize it since you haven't felt it on your own skin.

      Delete
  14. I have to wait how long for Prometheus? Not fair!! I can't wait that long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Ciara, sorry if I don't comment at your place, but your site always blocks those who are not members of some OPEN ID or something, and the field that I have to unclick if I don't want to go through that OPEN ID, doesn't always appear in the comment box.

      Delete
  15. ooo! Very cool Prometheus trailer. That story sounds pretty cool! And you craced me up w/"the naughty boy" comment. You're right though, that actor has a great, villainous look to him~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does look like pure evil :) Kinda like Julia Roberts :)

      Delete
  16. I like the look pf Prometheus, but I better catch up on the Alien movies first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen only one ALIEN but I can't say I remember it :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.