Friday, April 6, 2012

TRAILER FOR OLIVER STONE'S "SAVAGES" WITH TAYLOR KITSCH, AARON JOHNSON, BLAKE LIVELY, SALMA HAYEK! ALEXANDER SKARSGARD IS "HIDDEN"! BRADLEY COOPER IN "HERE THERE BE MONSTERS" FANTASY!

Our favourite blond vampire and an embodiment of a Norse God, Alexander Skarsgard will have a busy summer this year since he has a sf blockbuster BATTLESHIP coming out, in which he fights aliens alongside Taylor Kitsch, but he also has another new project: as "MovieWeb" reports, he has joined the cast of HIDDEN, a movie in which the story will revolve around a family who retreats to a bomb shelter to hide from a mysterious outbreak. Not much else is known about the script but it was paid quite a lot by Warner Bros. and was on the famous Black List last year. Beside his gig in TRUE BLOOD show, you've also seen Skarsgard last year in highly acclaimed MELANCHOLIA and in STRAW DOGS next to equally charming James Marsden.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
His fantasy of writing and starring in the expensive epic PARADISE LOST didn't come true, but Bradley Cooper has found another one: he might star in sf fantasy HERE THERE BE MONSTERS, a rather strange story which, according to "Vulture" follows a real-life Revolutionary War hero named John Paul Jones. After he's stripped of his British naval commission, the hero is hired by a shipping magnate to investigate the disappearance of merchant ships in the North Atlantic, which are used as toothpicks by a giant squid. The script was written by Brian Helgeland while the helmer is Jaume Collet Serra who directed ORPHAN and was supposed to direct the doomed sf epic AKIRA.

The only video I have for you today is a fresh trailer for Oliver Stone's action film SAVAGES which features a rather stellar cast and premiers this July. This adaptation of Don Winslow's novel follows two friends
(two mega hunks Taylor Kitsch and Aaron Johnson) from Laguna Beach who share the same girlfriend (gorgeous Blake Lively) and a thriving business growing and distributing the best-quality pot on
the planet. When they resist being muscled by a Mexican drug cartel, the girl is kidnapped and the ransom is every cent they've made for the last five years. They agree to pay but hatch an alternate plan to get her back,
get revenge, and then get lost. Salma Hayek plays the leader of the drug cartel, and the rest of the cast also includes Emile Hirsch, Uma Thurman, Benicio Del Toro, John Travolta...

48 comments:

  1. I'll have to come back later...I'm in the middle of drooling over Eric, I mean Alexander Skarsgard...he's so very dreamy!! I just love him. And yet he's so evil..and dreamy...and hot...and dreamy. Okay, I need to leave your blog, I'm so distracted by Eric. I'll be back later to check out the other preview...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he sure is a droolworthy material, and so very naughty privately :) and we do love that :) He's a more refined version of Ryan Kwanten :)

      Delete
    2. I had to look up who Ryan was...almost as dream as Alexander. Oh, right...the preview...distracted again! Drats!

      Delete
    3. Ryan is also from TRUE BLOOD, I thought you watch the show and know Alexander from it :) Ryan plays a very naughty and extremely sexual hunk in the show :)

      Delete
  2. Savages should be interesting. And I'm glad Taylor Kitsch is making a splash on the big screen. He was so good on FNL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too, loved him in JOHN CARTER, the film of the year!

      Delete
  3. There is nothing interesting or remotely fascinating about Bradley Cooper. Talk about overexposed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, yes, I've noticed a lot of people don't like him

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, haven't seen John Travolta in anything for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! Following!

    http://memedoctor.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/#!/MemeDoctor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I don't see you in the followers box :)

      Delete
  6. Bradley Cooper doesn't seem like a revolutionary war hero to me. I don't really like him...But Savage sounds juicy and has a hot cast!!! That is something I'd want to check out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a hot cast, isn't it? They might fry some eggs on them they are that hot :)

      Delete
  7. Cooper, meh he is okay from time to time. Plus that one just sounds like Jaws with a squid. Savages should be a good one, at least Hayek can keep my eyes amused for a while. If not I'll pop in Desperado..haha...see it pays to have a bomb shelter, first thing I'll get with a backyard..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean the cat doesn't have a backyard? Where do you poop and eat cat grass? :)

      Delete
    2. Right in the little crappy apartment of Pat, he truly does need a bigger house or at least a flat.

      Delete
    3. I hear you, my feline brother, but at least you live in Canada where, at least I hope so, people can take loans and by themselves a flat if they work and have a steady job. Here in my country it's almost impossible :(

      Delete
    4. hahaha yeah if you have $20,000 lying around for a down payment, then you're golden, sadly the amount of people who have that are slim.

      Delete
    5. maybe we should start robbery business?

      Delete
  8. I love the poster for savages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it originally isn't divided but I did it :)

      Delete
  9. Savages looks epically cool. I will most definitely be checking that one out. And I love the design of the post you did. Stellar job, darling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, darling :) The original poster was too big so I divided it into three posters :) and I know you will always approve of a big pic of Alexander :)

      Delete
  10. was that supposed to read "norse god" or am i behind on things? lol

    this is quickly becoming one of my go-to movie sites for info, dezmond! cheers
    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall correct the spelling mistake :) I do write these posts late in the evening when I'm tired as an ox :)
      Always love seeing your face here, Jery :)

      Delete
  11. I really like how that poster is divided into three parts for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the reason is me :) It was too big, so I divided it into three lovely parts :)

      Delete
  12. Bradley Cooper + Giant quid = a good movie in my books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cast for SAVAGES...but I don't buy Salma Hayek as a cartel leader.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Savages cast is amazing! And I love the eggs on your borders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am all for another Alexander Skarsgard movie. He's one of my faves!

    Also, Savages has an amazing cast! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...Savages looks REALLY interesting. Great casts also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooo Savages looks pretty neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BLECH! i can't stand john travolta! i don't know what it is... he just seems so arrogant! argh!
    here there be monsters could be fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is probably the most despised actor in Hollywood beside Nicolas Cage and Sean Penn :)

      Delete
  19. Savage trailer is so cool and brutally savage :-)

    Like the easter eggs decor ~

    Happy Easter ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like my Easter decor :) I did paint the eggs myself LOL

      Delete
  20. Savages looks great but a little too close to home. Thanks for the news, Dez, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Clarissa, hope you will have a nice Easter weekend!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.