Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"SPARTACUS" RENEWED FOR 3RD SEASON! RUFUS SEWELL JOINS "PARADISE LOST"! JESSICA CHASTAIN IS LADY DI IN "CAUGHT IN FLIGHT" BIOPIC! RUSSELL CROWE & TOM HIDDLESTON IN "WINTER'S TALE". "DIE HARD 5" TO BE SHOT IN SERBIA!

 Another novel is getting a movie adaptation: Mark Halprin's WINTER'S TALE will be made into a film which takes place in both the beginning and the end of the 20th century and centers on
a burglar who robs an Irish heiress and begins to fall for her as she dies in his arms. He comes to learn he has the gift of reincarnation, and is determined to save her. Tom Hiddeston and Russell Crowe are apparently in the run for the male roles, while Elizabeth Olsen is auditioning for the female lead. The producers of DIE HARD 5, which will be titled A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, have asked for a permission to shoot a part of the film in Serbia. The prison in Belgrade will act as a Russian prison from which Bruce Willis tries to escape. As I wrote before, Willis will also have a son in the film, who might take on the franchise later on, and the lead candidate for the son role is Aaron Paul from BREAKING BAD.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Earlier this week I gave you a new poster for SPARTACUS VENGEANCE, and today I have some great news again: the 3rd season of the worldwide popular show was officially ordered this
weekend, and as soon as the 2nd season starts airing next January, the 3rd season will start shooting in New Zealand! Now these are good news too: "Variety" reports that Rufus Sewell is the latest one to join the cast of Alex Proyas' epic movie adaptation of John Milton's PARADISE LOST. He will play Samael, a partisan of Lucifer (Bradley Cooper) who urges him to start the war in heaven. You already know that Benjamin Walker is archangel Michael, Djimon Hounsou is angel of death, Casey Affleck is Gabriel the angel with six wings who also serves as a messenger to God, Callan McAuliffe is archangel Uriel, Diego Boneta is Adam, Camilla Belle is Eve, and Dominic Purcell is Jeehamel Lucifer's right hand man.

I've mentioned before that I don't like Jessica Chastain for some reason (she strikes me as deeply unappealing and cold) but she really is getting all the roles in Hollywood lately. It's either her,
Anne Hathaway or Olivia Wilde. Beside playing Tom Cruise's wife in sf epic HORIZONS, and starring previously in CORIOLANUS, TAKE SHELTER, THE HELP, THE DEBT, and THE TREE OF LIFE, she has now accepted the lead role in CAUGHT IN FLIGHT, a biopic of Princess Diana. As "Collider" writes, the film will depict her real-life secret affair with heart surgeon, Dr. Hasnat Kahn, who was said to be the love of her life. Their two-year affair began in 1995, and Kahn maintained his silence until he spoke on record to The Telegraph in 2008. The movie is described as a love story between a princess locked in a tower and an ordinary man.

28 comments:

  1. Rufus Sewell is such an interesting actor to watch. He's very charismatic in my opinion. Don't know about Paradise Lost, though. I'll have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is, I hope you watched him in TRISTAN AND ISOLDE because that role of his is one of my favourite in the history, such an appealing and lovable character in the film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely amazing. I get excited about these upcoming entertainments every time I look at your site! I have to check this book out, it must be good if they're making a movie of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, glad you like it and excitement is what we aim to bring every day :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Third season! That's great news, as long as they can keep up the quality of it. If Willis is stuck in a prison and actually swears a bit, this one might actually be half decent, unlike that last piece of crap, yeah I'll never get over that..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it's my luck, then, that I haven't watched the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read more than I see movies, so thanks for the info on Winter's Tale...sounds like an interesting novel~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, that actress does look cold. However, I'm interested in watching the picture about Diana. I wonder what the royal family thinks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rufus Sewell should have been Lucifer and not Bradley Cooper. Cooper looks like such a dude, he has no intrigue at all. He has even less depth in real life. He's like that college fraternity brother who never grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are good news. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spartacus is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jessica certainly is everywhere huh? I think she is pretty cool. But I do like a red head

    mmmm Christina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rufus Sewell is a damn good addition to Paradise Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lizzy
    since I myself work in the publishing industry, I often publish news on book adaptations and I also do lots of interviews with writers, so you will have what to read in the future too, Lizzy :)

    @Pat
    lucky like a cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Clarissa
    she's even colder when you see her in films, she has something really off putting in her. I guess the royal family will like the film since it shows Diana as adulteress :)

    @Melsy
    he he frat brother :)) He really does have that vibe, but sometimes there is something sexy about fraternity boys, isn't it? :) I reckon RufRuf will dominate them all in the film. I mean put him next to that Casey Affleck, and the winner is obvious :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Pesos
    glad you think so :)

    @Interwebs
    it's a brilliant show, one of the best in last ten years or so

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Scottie
    now where did you find Christina in all of this? :))) Red heads are nice, you have one in our current poll for example, a refined and elegant
    one :)

    @Lurk
    I was super excited to hear the casting news myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never saw the fourth DIE HARD film, but I'm glad to hear Shia won't be in the fifth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. winter's tale sounds like my kind of movie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa! lotsa news- I've been so busy writing these past couple weeks that I'm out of the loop- hubby will flip when he hears about DIE HARD- he's such a 'die hard fan' (yes, pun intended)- Rusty has certainly been very busy as of late but Winter's Tale! - loved the book. Can't wait to see Rufus in Pardise Lost- that man does evil so good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Josh
    I saw just the first two :)

    @Tony
    it is quite intriguing

    @Jo
    glad we got hubs satisfied :) And Rufus will be the best :)

    @Lee
    good one, Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa, Hiddleston AND Crowe together!! Sign me up! Funny that you're posting this the same time I mentioned Tom on my crush post. LOVE that photo of him, Dezzy.

    As for the Rufus project, well I'm glad for him but I'm not enthused about projects about the devil. Leave that for everybody else but it's just not for me. Plus I don't really care for Bradley Cooper. I look forward to another upcoming film Rufus is working on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Dirty
    me too :)

    @Flixy
    I loved that photo too, although it wasn't easy finding it since he doesn't have a lot of pics at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw Spartacus few times on TV, seems like a good show, but nothing special :/

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.