Thursday, April 26, 2012

TRAILER FOR "LAWLESS" WITH SHIA LABEOUF, TOM HARDY, GUY PEARCE, GARY OLDMAN! ARMIE HAMMER, BEN KINGSLEY, JOHN MALKOVITCH IN "CUT BANK"! TONI COLLETTE JOINS JENNIFER ANISTON IN "MISS YOU ALREADY" & PIERCE BROSNAN IN "LONG WAY DOWN"

Now here's quite a rich cast: "Variety" reports today that Armie Hammer, Ben Kingsley, Michael Sheen, Teresa Palmer and John Malkovitch have all joined the cast of CUT BANK. The unusual script of the movie, which was on the famous Black list of the most intriguing plots, is set in Cut Bank, Montana, and centres on a mechanic and an ex-football player who try to get out of the small town, which they discover is frozen in time. As you know Armie Hammer has recently had a role of prince in MIRROR MIRROR and will appear next to Johnny Depp in THE LONE RANGER in the lead role. Ben Kingsley has IRON MAN III to do next year and ARABIAN NIGHTS with Liam Hemsworth, while Teresa Palmer will appear next to Nicholas Hoult in zombie love story WARM BODIES, which also stars the above mentioned John Malkovitch.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
We mentioned amazingly talented Australian star Toni Collette last week when she got the role in THE WAY, WAY BACK next to Steve Carell, and now she has some new gigs too: according to "Variety"
she might star in MISS YOU ALREADY next to Jennifer Aniston, as two best friends whose bond weakens when the one played by Aniston discovers she has breast cancer while the other friend played by Collette prepares for the birth of her first child while her husband is away on business. The other project LONG WAY DOWN is based on Nick Hornby's novel of the same name, which centres around four strangers contemplating suicide from the same rooftop on New Year's Eve. Collette will probably play the single mother of a young man with disabilities alongside talk show host played by Pierce Brosnan, who looks to take advantage of the situation for his own gain.

The trailer of the day for you is the first one for this year's LAWLESS flick ready to premiere this August. Starring Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman and formerly known as THE WETTEST COUNTY IN THE WORLD, the story of the film is set in the Depression-era Franklin County, Virginia, and follows a bootlegging
gang which is threatened by authorities who want a cut of their profits. It is interesting that Amy Adams and Scarlett Johansson were the first female choices in the film, but the film had problems getting into production, so they both left leaving the job to two much weaker actresses Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikovska. Ryan Gosling was originally planned for the role which later on went to Tom Hardy.

59 comments:

  1. Not a fan of cocky Shia but he does have some pretty good movies, looks like it might be decent. Kingsley is in Iron Man 3? hmmm missed that one. Cut Bank actually sounds like my kind of movie too, should be interesting to see if it comes off as well as it sounds, especially with such a cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they might even unfreeze the town :)

      Delete
    2. Maybe or they may find the wall of pringle can cat poo is too tough to penetrate.

      Delete
    3. Only if you use the poo you left out to petrify today cat. How long will it take for that stuff to ripen, how many children have to die because of you and your predilection for poo?

      Delete
    4. @Cat
      ah, enough with your precious collection, sell it to Sotheby's give it to charity, just stop being obsessed with it :)

      Delete
    5. @Annzie
      what does it mean "petrify", dahling, in chemistry?

      Delete
    6. It means to harden darling. And that dreadful cat is selling his Pringle poo over at his bay today. Disgusting feline.

      Delete
    7. wonder who will buy his crap? Maybe R? He seems to think all of cat's products are great.

      Delete
    8. R left him a huge comment today Dez. I think it was a sign of his growing love for the cat and all things poo.

      Delete
    9. I've noticed that he left him five words! A record breaking day!

      Delete
    10. Haven't noticed yet, as I have yet to look. But R will surely buy the poo. I see an order already came due

      Delete
    11. ooh, it's nice knowing you come here before visiting your own home, cat :)

      Delete
    12. Who is R and who would want to discuss poo?

      Delete
    13. a character from cat's comments section, who doesn't really have an identity and always leaves the same generic comment there, which amuses us to no limit :)

      Delete
  2. LAWLESS sounds great, in terms of content, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice love western style classics lawless should be cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lawless looks interesting. Guy Pearce is playing a different role than usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is a nice guy, he shot LOCKOUT in Serbia and was very nice, everybody loved him, and he enjoyed his stay here.

      Delete
  5. Indeed it does look interesting ~

    Did I miss your blogoversary ? If I did, belated :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's this weekend, I forgot to plan a celebration :)

      Delete
  6. Actually I would probably like Lawless because that was a fascinating piece of American history and I like the way the movie "looks". Love those cars too. Cut Bank has a stellar cast and I would imagine it will do well in cinemas. Also nice to see Kingsley will be in Ironman 3 (I have to watch the Ironman movies darling, Robert Downey Jr. is in them). Armie is a busy boy these days it looks like. Three big films out in succession, good for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anne...I just decided that I like you even more than I did before! Robert Downey Jr is my man!!! I have a list on my wall of every single movie he was ever in so I can highlight the ones I've seen.

      P.S. I'm not an obsessed psycho stalker. I swear!!! lol

      Delete
    2. I'd stalk Downey Jr. if I could get away with it. I'd follow the man to hell and back to. He's yummy nom nom nom

      Delete
    3. I hope you won't attack me with machetes and maces, ladies, but I positively can't stand the guy, which is why I never cover his films here :) He has the type of pompous unjustified arrogance and a record of addictions which I don't like in people.

      Delete
    4. I know he's a very bad man in real life but I do like to watch him work. And no matter what, I would never harm a hair on your pretty head.

      Delete
    5. off course you wouldn't, when I don't have a single hair on it :)))))

      Delete
    6. Oh Dez, I just love you to bits.

      Delete
    7. I like his movies, most of them, but he is an arrogant a hole. Not in a good way and gag me once more, get a room.

      Delete
    8. ooh, Cat is on my side about the arrogant one? How interesting :)

      Delete
  7. Did you see Mirror Mirror? I thought it was a bit silly, but super cute!!

    I want to see Lawless. I like the movies Shia stars in. Too bad they couldn't get the lovely Scarlett! Love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet, but I will since I adore Tarsem's work.

      Delete
  8. Lawless looks good though I'm not a Shia fan. After Transformers, it's hard to watch him anymore. However, looking forward to the Collette movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that most people don't like him, and I'm not sure why he keeps getting roles

      Delete
  9. Hmm, I really liked the clip for Lawless. That's one I'll see for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I got you satisfied in the trailer department today, sister!

      Delete
  10. Is it just me, or does Toni Collette have a really... common movie star type look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is lovely and cute, and has a great chameleon gift. She looks different in all of her movies. She is above all one of the greatest actresses of modern generation.

      Delete
  11. The Lawless trailer certainly whetted the appetite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go and treat yourself with a whiskey, Lurk :)

      Delete
  12. Lawless sounds right up my alley. You know how I love my gangsters and bad boys. ;) Cut Bank sounds really intriguing as well.

    And what drool-worthy pic of Armie. Such a hot charmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you approve of the pic :) he has stunning eyes, doesn't he?

      Delete
  13. Trying to leave a town that's stuck in time? Every teenager ever feels that way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed the review you did of Warm Bodies in January. It looks like it may be along the lines of a tween show though..not like the very cool Walking Dead...is that about right, Dezzie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be a zombie romance about a zombie faced with social and love dilemmas :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a version of Vampire Diaries *yawn* =P =P

      Delete
  15. I still need to see mirror mirror

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dazzling Dezzy! I'm back. I had to lay low for a while because of a bunch of people spying on me and my blog. (No joke...remember my message...) Anyway, I like Aniston's independent movies. Not too fond of her romantic movies though. It always feels like I'm watching a new episode of Friends, if you know what I mean. I admit, I've seen them all and I own them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how is that going on? Sends us a report on our email.

      I've seen them all at least ten times or more :)

      Delete
  17. I'll let you know after Thursday. I've seen them at least three times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woof, that Armie Hammer is so darn gorgeous! He made my heart skip a bit for a second there, Dez :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.