Sunday, April 3, 2016

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON CW'S TENSE NEW APOCALYPTIC SF TV SERIES 'CONTAINMENT' WITH CHARACTER PHOTOS!

 'CONTAINMENT
NEW APOCALYPTIC TV SERIES
I won't be the first one to inform you, but you sure do know the apocalypse is approaching what with all these presidential elections around the world etc, so we better be prepared, right? And what better way to do that than stealing survival knowledge from apocalyptic shows! If you're a fan of those, Spring 2016 will be good to you. Not only that FEAR THE WALKING DEAD starts next Sunday at AMC and that THE 100 is well on at CW, but CW also starts airing their new sf series CONTAINMENT Tuesday April 19th, 13 episode English language version of Belgian series CORDON!

 FEAR IS VIRAL
When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Trying to keep the peace on the streets is police officer Lex Carnahan (David Gyasi), who has quickly risen through the ranks of the Atlanta PD. But Lex’s job becomes even harder when he learns that his longtime girlfriend, Jana (Christina Moses), and his best friend and fellow officer Jake (Chris Wood), are trapped within the cordoned area. Also quarantined in viral ground zero is 17 year-old Teresa (Hanna Mangan Lawrence), who is eight months pregnant and now separated from her boyfriend on the other side; Katie Frank (Kristen Gutoskie), an elementary school teacher now placed on lockdown with her entire class, including her young son; and CDC researcher Dr. Victor Cannerts (George Young), the doctor who initially made the controversial call to quarantine the area and is now racing to find a cure for the virus. On the outside, Dr. Sabine Lommers (Claudia Black) is leading the government efforts to contain the outbreak, and has asked for Lex’s help in enforcing the cordon – which grows increasingly difficult as the public trust deteriorates. And the public has reason to be wary, as journalist Leo (Trevor St John) begins unravelling a conspiracy, finding that something doesn’t add up in the official story being told. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise.

46 comments:

  1. Who is the girl in the skinny jeans again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen Gutoskie, methinks she ends up with the hot cop in the show

      Delete
    2. How come she doesn't end up with me. I can be a hot cop.

      Delete
    3. well, there is that small detail that you're already taken, right? On the other hand I'm totally free for a check up with Doctor George Young!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Dear but I will not watch this so "they" can rewire my brain with fear, (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about this one, I'll wait and see what you think. The post apocalyptic show I like the most is that 12 Monkey's series.

    I can't wait for these elections to be over. It's grown tedious and it doesn't really matter who wins as they are all just different flavours of the same evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 12 MONKEYS is soon starting the second season, right?

      Dahlink, we have elections too this month, and the forces of pure darkness and ebil will win again... I'm considering moving to Honduras, we could open a banana plantation there

      Delete
    2. Yes, the 2nd season begins on April 18th I think.

      I feel for you then as elections just stir people up and when it's over, the real suffering begins.

      Yes, we shall go to Honduras and grow banannas. However, someone else will have to check them for those poison spiders. Those ones scare me darling :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, the 2nd season begins on April 18th I think.

      I feel for you then as elections just stir people up and when it's over, the real suffering begins.

      Yes, we shall go to Honduras and grow banannas. However, someone else will have to check them for those poison spiders. Those ones scare me darling :)

      Delete
    4. We shall train a monkey to search for spiders, naturally, and you can carry him on your shoulder when he is not working :)

      Delete
    5. I lived for a short time in The Republic of Panama and we had a huge banana spider crawling up the back wall. They is deadly, so I killed it with a shovel. You would not believe the amount of guts that came out of that thing. Moi was living in the jungle at the time. 'Twas beautiful, but full of scary critters."

      Delete
    6. why did you come back from it? I'd probably stay in the jungle running free with the jungle animals :)

      Delete
    7. I left there to go to another warm, sunny and very dangerous place-the Philippines. I lived a few miles from Mount Pinatubo before it erupted. I had lovely water buffalo herds near the house, but once they got inside the courtyard and I couldn't get out the car, lest they stampede me. Also lots of cobras come down from the mountain and hides in the grass. I have no idea how I'm still alive :0)

      Delete
    8. I also went to Alaska, twice. It sucked.

      Delete
    9. I can imagine, Alaska always seemed as a very nasty place, especially after it became American :)
      Dahlink, Arni, our blogging friend, is from the Philippines. I also have Samantha Sotto, popular writer, living there!

      Delete
    10. I loved the Philippines and made many good friends there. Sadly I know most of those people and their villages were killed when Pinatubo erupted.

      Delete
    11. it is such a unstable place when it comes to weather. Constant quakes and storms and whatnot else?

      Delete
  4. I don't want to watch this one. I just don't. I might succumb, but I don't want to watch this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be prepared in case apocalypse hits you when you're in class :)

      Delete
  5. Well, I am going to watch, gripping my pillow and chewing all my fingernails off. Yes, I will feel the fear~

    How are you Dezzy?! I have missed visiting you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fear is already there!
      Could be better, since I hate spring and the promise of summer, hope you are good as you can be

      Delete
  6. Sounds like this one isn't many people's cup of tea. I might catch it some day on Netflix if I ever run out of shows to watch, but don't honestly think this is one I'll dvr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall probably watch it since Spring has nothing else much on and I do love me viral shenanigans

      Delete
    2. Do let us know if it is any good. If I get the Dezzy seal of approval, I'll rethink shoving this one to the side.

      Delete
    3. I will most certainly give it a go

      Delete
  7. Post apocalyptic theme reminds me I just recently watched The 5th Wave. Though that was alien related :) For me, Apocalypse brought by natural causes and catastrophe realistically paints a more serious and darker premise for a story . The Containment poster strikes a fearful image already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and all characters have posters like that but I put here just that one :)

      Delete
  8. That's an eye-catching poster. I like post apocalyptic entertainment, but I've sort of had my fill of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for the CW. Im going to have to check out containment.

    The finale last night of the walking dead was frustrating to say the least...but Jeffrey dean Morgan did an amazing job as neagan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that last year most of the things were also from CW if not from British channels. NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX were mega shitty this season... mostly.

      Will watch TWD tonight, torrented it, I know somebody dies and they don't tell us who.

      Delete
  10. I always thought Atlanta was a bad place to live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like an intriguing show- and will definitely give us all things to think about. Hopefully people are doing some good planning with all the end of the world shows, so some of the kinks will be worked out.

    Definitely need to stay away from Atlanta- too much out to get us there. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Atlanta seems as unluckiest place in the world when it comes to apocalypse : )

      Delete
  12. Actually, DEZ, I'm in the mood for a good belly-laughing comedy. This political season has put me into a total funk and apocalypse is just too real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my laughs from LAST MAN STANDING on Fridays at ABC and BABY DADDY and YOUNG AND HUNGRY at Freeform on Wednesdays, and also from FULLER HOUSE at Netflix.

      Delete
  13. I haven't seen Claudia Black in quite a few years. What was that sci-fi series she was in with Ben Bowder? I can't even remember. I'm not used to seeing her with blond hair. Good to know she's still acting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm. Seems interesting but I'm wondering if this show will end up cancelled. Unless it's just a mini series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a limited series which means it was cancelled even before it begun :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.