Wednesday, April 6, 2016

CHARIOT RACES POSTER FOR 'BEN HUR' EPIC REMAKE WITH JACK HUSTON, RODRIGO SANTORO, MORGAN FREEMAN! 'HALCYON' HOTEL WW2 SERIES CASTS MATT RYAN, OLIVIA WILLIAMS, STEVEN MACKINTOSH

 'THE HALCYON' HOTEL
SERIES CASTS OLIVIA WILLIAMS, MATT RYAN, STEVEN MACKINTOSH
Earlier last winter I told you that ITV is preparing new period set series and now the cast has been revealed for the eight part 1940's set series THE HALCYON! The cast of the luxury hotel staff series will include Steven Mackintosh, Olivia Williams, Matt Ryan, Kara Tointon, Alex Jennings, Hermione Corfield and Mark Benton.
WW2 LONDON

The story of the series will reveal London life against the backdrop of WW2 and the impact it has on families, politics, relationships and work across every social strata. The story will unspool through the eyes of journalist Joe O’Hara visiting the bustling and glamorous five-star hotel! The series will be filled with music including a Beverly Knight performance.

'BEN HUR' EPIC POSTER
REVEALS THE CHARIOT RACE
New poster with the legendary chariot scene has been revealed for the remake of BEN HUR out this August! It follows Judah Ben-Hur (Jack Huston), a prince falsely accused of treason by his adopted brother Messala (Toby Kebbell), a Roman army officer. Stripped of his title, separated from his family and the woman he loves (Nazanin Boniadi), Judah is forced into slavery. After years at sea, Judah returns to his homeland to seek revenge, but finds redemption! Morgan Freeman plays his mentor, while Rodrigo Santoro is Jesus Christ!

26 comments:

  1. The Halcyon is looking kinda interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nobody makes such dramas better than the Brits

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Ben Hur. I'll admit, I haven't gotten into any of the other versions, but this one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. 'tis the only thing that looks good in the film :)

      Delete
  4. THE HALCYON series looks like it might be interesting. Still not sure about a remake of Ben Hur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems they are doing HALCYON with lots of spirit

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of The Halcyon. You know how I love me some WW2 period pieces. Really it's the stories of the peoples and how their lives were changed that draws me.

    Ben Hur on the other hand, just isn't doing it for me. Apathetic could be the word I would use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to send you UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS the newer series, or did I? It is also WW2 and rather lovely. I can't remember if I sent it to you or not?

      BEN HUR is just a case of the most horrible casting I've ever seen, you put dozens of millions of dollars into a movie with two actors with zero star element in them. Fully idiotic. I mean how difficult would it be to get a proper British star to play the lead?

      Delete
    2. No you didn't send me that one. But that's okay as the whole thing is on HULU.

      I'm seeing a lukewarm response at best to Ben Hur. Dahlink, you know Hollywood only casts British peoples to play villains :0)

      Delete
    3. Hope you can catch it there, then, but the newer two series, not the classic ones. The new ones are with my dear Keeley Hawes :) Really a lovely drama, but it started together with DOWNTON ABBEY at ITV so it didn't get the deserved popularity.

      Delete
  6. Okay but neither are my speed dear, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you're going sluggish these days :PPP

      Delete
  7. THE HALCYON sounds good. I can't wait to see the elegance of the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, can't wait for the first photo, I shall have first pics from THE COLLECTION series this Sunday and it will be stunning :) Can't wait to share it with you.

      Delete
  8. Movies surrounding hotels seem to be in this season. August is one of those up in the air movie months. Most of what I see came out from July. Ben Hur remake. Yea...no. Hate Morgan Freeman's wig in the movie. When Grace Randolph shared the trailer and her thoughts I rebuked the wig quite religiously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't his wig just horrendous? I've no idea who Grace Randolph is.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sorta can, since we're all slaves in a way :), and I sorta cannot, and I'm glad about it.

      You have my email above under MARKETING AND CONTACT button :)

      Delete
  10. Two interesting topics here! British series are most of the time excellent. And I'm curious if Ben Hur will be as good as the Original one.
    PS: Just seen the first official trailer of Star Wars Rogue One! I can only say: WOW!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, you have it up in our latest post :)

      Delete
  11. I remember watching the old classic Ben Hur when I was a kid! So now they remake it..can't wait to see that soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope it does not last for three hours like the original :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.