Saturday, April 12, 2014

ADRIEN BRODY JOINS SALMA HAYEK IN 'SEPTEMBERS OF SHIRAZ'! TRAILER FOR BBC'S 'JAMAICA INN' HISTORICAL SERIES WITH JESSICA BROWN FINDLAY! MARK WARREN IS COMTE DE ROCHEFORT IN 'MUSKETEERS' 2ND SEASON! COLIN MORGAN JOINS JAMIE DORNAN IN 'THE FALL'!

SEPTEMBERS OF SHIRAZ
ADRIEN BRODY & SALMA HAYEK
A movie which we've recently announced has a new cast member: as 'Deadline' reports Adrien Brody will join Salma Hayek and Shohreh Aghdashloo in SEPTEMBERS OF SHIRAZ giving this movie three Oscar winning stars! To start shooting this summer in Bulgaria directed by Wayne Blair and produced by Gerard Butler, this big screen adaptation of Dalia Sofer's bestselling novel brings the true story of a secular Jewish family caught in the Islamic revolution in Iran, and their journey to overcome and ultimately escape from the deadly tyranny that swept their country and threatened to extinguish their lives at every turn.


COLIN MORGAN JOINS
JAMIE DORNAN IN 'THE FALL'
Tones of British news today, starting with the one on beloved MERLIN's star Colin Morgan who has just joined the second season of thriller series THE FALL in which he will play an officer involved in the hunt for serial killer Paul Spector (Jamie Dornan). His character Anderson will work closely with Gillian Anderson's DSI Stella Gibson. Irish superstar Jamie Dornan is currently nominated for BAFTA award for his outstanding role in this show.
KING ARTHUR TO RULE IN 2016
 In epic news Guy Ritchie's historical adventure KING ARTHUR has been given a July 2016 release spot in cinemas! The plan is for this new take on the ancient legend to be the first part of a potential franchise!
MARC WARREN JOINS 'MUSKETEERS' 2ND SEASON
Another historical project BBC's THE MUSKETEERS has recently finished its first season in Europe and will hit BBC America this summer, but the second season is already shooting and the show has new cast members. Since Peter Capaldi, whose portrayal of Cardinal Richelieu was weak and forgettable, will not be the part of the new season, the new villain will be Marc Warren as Comte de Rochefort, a dashing aristocrat with a dark past! The rest of the main cast lead by Luke Pasqualino and Santiago Cabrera, is coming back again!

BBC'S 'JAMAICA INN' TRAILER
WITH JESSICA BROWN FINDLAY
And BBC is really active these days! Today you can watch the first trailer for their historical drama JAMAICA INN starring DOWNTON ABBEY's Jessica Findlay Brown! Set in 1820s, the three part series tells the story of Mary Yellan (Jessica Brown Findlay) who lives with Aunt Patience (Joanne Whalley) after her mother died. Mary finds Aunt Patience under the spell of her husband, Joss Merlyn (Sean Harris) after she arrives at Jamaica Inn. She soon realises that the inn has no guests and it is being used as the hub of Joss' 'free' trade. Mary becomes attracted to Jem Merlyn (Matthew McNulty), Joss' younger brother who is a petty thief. Mary also meets Francis Davey (Ben Daniels), the parish vicar, and his sister Hannah (Shirley Henderson).

64 comments:

  1. Wow, the BBC is active. The Jamaica Inn looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always adored the Arthurian Legends but I'm sick to death of the gazillion TV and film versions over the last few years. Enough already! BUT, having said that, I will check out Guy Ritchie's take on these myths just because he always brings a fresh, new and sometimes startling interpretation to things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm personally never sick of Arthur :) And we need some big historical films to conquer over cinemas from horrid super heroes :) I just hope he doesn't cast some Hollywood idiots in the lead roles

      Delete
    2. I agree with Ann that it would be nice to see something new and unique that hasn't been done to death but...I'll have to check this out since I can resist anything Arthurian.

      Delete
    3. Hope he doesn't cast some drug addicts or pop stars in it

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I'm excited about The Fall. And for so many reasons, Jamie and Colin being just two of them. I adore Brit detective shows. I don't think there are any I haven't seen. Right now I'm re watching "New Tricks" which is about 3 retired detectives who come back to work on closed cases. They are so cute, getting into trouble doing things their old school way. I just love those guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you enjoying them, dear :) There are a number of new crime and detective shows coming to BBC and other UK channels in the near and far future.

      Delete
    2. I like their detective shows because they aren't very violent and more about characters and solving a puzzle.

      Delete
    3. they even have a show about a priest who works as a detective LOL

      Delete
  4. Yay! The Fall was one of my favorite new shows last year. Great acting in that.

    And BBC is doing some of the best programming on television right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the writing in most of their recent series but I do support and love BBC and British and European channels as opposed to the trash that comes from US television stations. It's just a whole other culture and values and morals

      Delete
  5. I had to have some trees cut down in my yard as the storms brought branches into my yard and the neighbors. Right now I've got three young, sexy men working just outside my window. I've got to find more work for them so I can keep them around all Spring. Wish you were here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was there too, dear :) We could've offered to wash their sweaty clothes, dear, while they flex their muscles in the yard in their undies.
      Have you recovered from snow? We've been all Spring for months now... all the spring flowers have already finished blooming

      Delete
    2. The only flowers here that have bloomed are Daffodils. No tulips, no phlox nothing. The Dogwood trees haven't even bloomed. We're way behind season here.

      I lost most of the garden that was planted under that big tree we had to cut down. I still have one rosebush and the bulbs survived, but that's it. I'll have to begin dividing some of what I have in the other gardens and transplant them. We still have the stump and I'm to put a bird feeder and bird bath on it. Kitty Fang will love it!!

      Delete
    3. Sounds like you will have hands full or gardening work this year, dear, and I know you will enjoy it! What's the status on the house? You will not be able to move any time soon?

      Delete
    4. We've another court date set for April 24th. We'll see if it happens as they've managed to have three others rescheduled so far this year. About a week before the date, they either file a motion to delay or their lawyers "quit". We are trying to learn not to hope anymore as we just get upset.

      Delete
    5. damn manipulators! I will never understand how can some people sleep with their guilty conscience.....

      Delete
  6. What... no picture of Salma? How can that be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brody has a body? I never knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't? But I did my best for years to spread the knowledge about it to the masses :)

      Delete
  8. Jamaica Inn, looks fab!

    Oh, and I never associated Adrien Brody with having a 'body' either! Love him ... and excellent actor :)

    Have a good weekend, Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's another follower who doesn't read the spy regularly :) I've posted tones of his naked pics over the years :)

      Delete
    2. On bended knee, I apologise, good sir :)

      Delete
    3. now go and stare at his abs as punishment until you repent...

      Delete
  9. It's officially Saturday in your part of town and... if I remember correctly IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY. So...

    #HAPPY
    BIRTHDAY
    TO YOU
    HAPPY
    BIRTHDAY
    TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUUU #

    May this year be better than the last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is :) Thanks, Sir Randy Mandy! Where's the cake, where are the strippers?

      Delete
    2. It's your birthday??? You should have said! Forget about the cake, where's the champagne and strawberries?

      Happy Birthday, Dezzy! xo

      Delete
    3. How many strippers can you handle? I don't want want you to exert yourself on your birthday. I might feel responsible, you know...

      Delete
    4. So now it's champagne, strawberries and strippers?

      Delete
    5. @Blue
      the more the merrier is my rule :)

      Delete
    6. I like that rule. Except when it's Facebook.

      Delete
    7. you should just join the Facebook and see what it is all about

      Delete
  10. Never heard of Jamaica Inn but it's suppose to be based on a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you post about it on June 14 last year? No?

      Delete
    2. I did a number of times, Blue, but Adam has a bit of a grandpa memory :)

      Delete
    3. All those facts are messing up his computer.

      Delete
    4. 'tis true... and I hear he plays golf ....

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday Dezzy! Enjoy enough cake for the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention the champagne, strawberries AND strippers. Ask Wendy.

      Delete
    2. @Theresa
      thanks, dear, no cake for me, haven't made any this year

      Delete
    3. @Blue
      can I get blueberry juice instead of champagne?

      Delete
    4. Of course. But only because it's your birthday. Blueberry juice is hard to come by these days.

      Delete
    5. I sincerely hope you didn't take that one ambiguously :) I just realized it could have a double meaning.

      Delete
  12. I read Jamaica Inn years ago....looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Dezzy!
    September in Shiraz sounds like a gripping story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for all this! I, for one, am happy to see the release of historically based movies. I am really tired of what is being released these days. Seriously, it seems that there are more movies being released these days that are based on comic books rather than books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are one of world's leading centrals on historical movies and shows, Pat!

      Delete
  15. That's a nice pic of Adrian Brody. I'm actually not excited about the King Arthur thing that's getting put out. If it doesn't star a young cute Arthur that's blond, I just won't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a number of such pics of him in my secret vaults....
      We pray that he doesn't hire Clooney or that drug junkie Downey as Arthur..... spits over his shoulder. ....

      Delete
    2. I wonder if he will steal Kit Harington and Joel Kinnaman for his cast... they were supposed to star in a rival project

      Delete
  16. Happy Birthday, sweetheart. I hope you had a beautiful day. I'm so sorry I was late with my wishes. Hugs and kisses, my friend. May this year be one of dreams coming true.

    Love the sound of a new Arthur project, though I do miss Merlin very much. I'm so happy Colin has found more projects. He is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a horrid B-day as usually, but this year is mine in Chinese zodiac so I hope better things await me

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.