Monday, April 18, 2016

JAMES MCAVOY, ALICIA VIKANDER IN 'SUBMERGENCE' DRAMA! MICHELE PFEIFFER, JENNIFER LAWRENCE, DOMHNALL GLEESON, JAVIER BARDEM IN NEW DARREN ARONOFSKY MOVIE! LEONOR VARELA, CODI SMIT MCPHEE IN 'SOLUTREAN' ICE AGE EPIC

'SUBMERGENCE' CASTS
JAMES MCAVOY & ALICIA VIKANDER
Just some casting news this boring Monday, starting with our most beloved Scott James McAvoy who will lead the cast of SUBMERGENCE together with fresh Oscar winner Alicia Vikander. As 'Deadline' reports, adapted from the novel by JM Ledgard, the film follows the interconnected stories of James (James McAvoy), an Englishman held captive by jihadist fighters, and Danny (Alicia Vikander), a marine researcher studying the ocean floor near Greenland, as their thoughts are drawn back to the previous Christmas and the chance encounter that led to their romance!

'THE SOLUTREAN
NEW ICE AGE EPIC MOVIE
Deadline also reports on a topic we like - thrillers set in isolated spaces! Albert Hughes is planning to take the helm and direct ice age epic adventure THE SOLUTREAN which is supposed to star Leonor Varela,  Jóhannes Haukur Johannesson and Kodi Smit McPhee! It will be a visually striking epic adventure survival story set 20,000 years ago during the last Ice Age. The word “Solutrean” refers to the Upper Paleolithic period of early advanced humans in Europe. Leonor Varela (Cleopatra from ROME) will play the shaman; described as wise, powerful and compelling, she performs religious rituals of protection, healing and thanksgiving!

NEW DARREN ARONOFSKY MOVIE 
CASTS MICHELLE PFEIFFER, JAVIER BARDEM, JENNIFER LAWRENCE, DOMHNALL GLEESON
Meanwhile, 'Empire' writes today that   rather steallar ensemble has been gathered for new thriller drama movie coming from Darren Aronofsky which doesn't yet have a title. Michelle Pfeiffer, Ed Harris, Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem and fresh STAR WARS star Domhnall Gleeson will lead the cast in the movie which reportedly follows what happens when a couple's tranquil relationship is disturbed by uninvited guests who arrive at their home. Aronofsky has written the script himself and is looking to put this stellar cast to work as soon as this June!

22 comments:

  1. I will go see ANYTHING with James McAvoy in it! He is a fearless actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love him so, too bad he hasn't had a decent movie in a century :(

      Delete
  2. WHOA, Michelle Pfeiffer huh? Now there's a name we haven't heard since Mark Ronson hit it big with Uptown Funk:
    This hit, that ice cold
    Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold
    This one for them hood girls
    Them good girls straight masterpieces
    Stylin', whilen, livin' it up in the city
    Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent
    Got kiss myself, I'm so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard she starred in some TV stuff, but I'm not sure :) Never was a big fan of hers

      Delete
    2. Great, now that song is stuck in my head lol.

      Delete
  3. The shaman may read the future out of my hand! I mean it could be I watch that pre-pre-historic movie! ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last one reminds me of something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love McAvoy. I also enjoy Aranofsky's films.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are new to me. I am curious about the Michelle Pfeiffer film for sure. Thanks! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is because Dezzy brings the freshest of news :)

      Delete
  7. I think THE SOLUTREAN sounds pretty interesting. I can get behind a little Ice Age drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me everything ice age set :) I've recently watched some truly terrible Canadian sf movie called THE COLONY with Kevin Zeggers, set in new ice age and enjoyed it even though it was horrid beyond belief :) I just love me snow and ice.

      Delete
    2. I normally prefer basking in sun and warmth, but watching others suffer through cold is entertaining to me ;)

      Delete
    3. it is totally! And it is the opposite for me :) I totally prefer freezing in the cold but watching others suffer naked under sun is entertaining to me :)

      Delete
  8. Interesting to see what type of character Ed Harris plays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Submergence goes on my list of films to watch, because of the romance and the two actors. And the thriller definitely seems intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love such stories of separated lovers :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.