Monday, November 23, 2020

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON SPANISH HISTORICAL SERIES TELL ME WHO I AM OR MISTRESS OF WAR BASED ON JULIA NAVARRO'S BESTSELLING NOVEL!

   TELL ME WHO I AM  
EPIC TV SERIES AT MOVIESTAR
The series starts December 4th on Movistar +
If you thought that El Cid epic TV series which starts next month will be the only Spanish historical show we will see this year, you were wrong. Coming December 4th to Movistar + is TELL ME WHO I AM (Dime quién soy) 9 episode series starring Irene Escolar (whom you remember as the Spanish queen from Isabel epic saga) and based on a popular 2010 book by Julia Navarro. Our dear Beta Film is producing. You can check out the super dynamic trailer below and tell us what you think! I've heard somewhere that the series will air around the world on Amazon Prime, but it has not been
The story of the series covers many decades and years
confirmed. You can also click on all these interesting series posters to see them better in all their beauty, they are very interesting and original. It will air on Peacock in USA as Mistress of War.

  WHAT IS THE STORY ABOUT?
Madrid, 1998. A man by the name of Albert James (Will Keen) leaves a thick biography on the desk of Javier, a successful publisher. It is the story of Javier's mother he never knew, Amelia Garayoa (Irene Escolar). Before
The new series will air in nine hourlong episodes
fate can finally reunite mother and son, Amelia will have taken a long journey, starting in tumultuous Madrid of 1934. First forced into marriage, then with her newborn baby taken from her, well-off Amelia meets Pierre (Oriol Pla), a
Jose Manuel Lorenzo created the series for Beta Film
charismatic young French journalist and revolutionary whom Amelia accompanies to Buenos Aires out of love and sheer lust for adventure. There,
Irene Escolar and Maria Pia Calzone star in the series
opera diva Carla Alessandrini (Maria Pia Calzone) takes Amelia under her wing, becoming the young Spanish woman's surrogate mother and best friend. Amelia's lifelong personal, romantic and political journey as a spy for a noble
The series is based on a novel by Julia Navarro
cause eventually takes her full circle, back home to Madrid - but not before life-changing experiences every step of the way in Moscow, London, Rome, Paris and Berlin.

8 comments:

  1. The actress looks like the girl from Dirty Dancing! Ugh to the water torture. Whenever I see torture scenes, I find myself cringing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has that hairdo. I did not recognise her immediately from ISABEL as she has grow rather old over the years.

      Delete
  2. I know HBO Latino is showing it in Latin America, but I wonder if HBO will show it here in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, HBO has its cable channels around the world which have separate programme from HBO US. I've heard Amazon, but it could be Netflix as well as Beta Film works with them often.

      Delete
  3. Will keep my eyes peeled on my Amazon account to see if it pops up there. Hopefully it does. I feel like they haven't had much on there these days worth watching. Though I am catching up on The Durrells over there, so I guess they aren't totally useless right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you enjoying Durrells? I miss them a lot.

      Delete
  4. I love it! Such a fun, wholesome show. I am just now starting season 4. I think this is going to be one I'll terribly miss once I'm through with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it ends sadly with them leaving the isle.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.