Thursday, November 22, 2018

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON BBC'S 19TH CENTURY SET MINI SERIES DEATH AND NIGHTINGALES WITH JAMIE DORNAN, MATTHEW RHYS!

   'DEATH AND NIGHTINGALES'
STARTS NEXT WEEK AT BBC TWO
BBC has released some new photos from the small screen adaptation of Eugene McCabe's 19th century set novel DEATH AND NIGHTINGALES which starts airing November 28th on BBC Two starring Jamie Dornan and Matthew Rhys in the story of love, betrayal, deception and revenge, set in the beautiful haunting countryside of Fermanagh in 1885 when all of the country is an undivided province of the British Empire!

A HAUNTING TALE OF LOVE  
 and deception, it is a place where neighbours observe each other and inform; a world of spies, confessions and double dealing; where a pervading sense of beauty is shot through with menace and impending doom. Set over a
The series will air in three episodes starting next week
desperately tense 24-hour period, it’s Beth Winters’ (Ann Skelly) 23rd birthday - the day she has decided to join the charming Liam Ward (Jamie Dornan) and escape from her limited life and difficult and complex
Ann Skelly and Jamie Dornan play the couple in love
relationship with her Protestant landowner stepfather Billy (Matthew Rhys). As decades of pain and betrayal finally build to a devastating climax, Death
Matthew Rhys plays Beth Winters' stepfather in the series
and Nightingales is a powerful and gripping drama that follows a woman struggling to control her own destiny and will illuminate tensions that tear both families and nations apart.

6 comments:

  1. A stepfather/stepmother is a common reason for young people to leave home. Actors in such a drama have to deal with challenging roles that deal with one of life's great complexities.

    I had a relative, a widower, who remmaried and his only daughter geve him an ultimatum: 'me or she'. The woman had no children of her own, and wanted to be the best possible mother she could, but she had to leave in the end. He was heart-broken and died soon afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there was an article on Daily Mail just today on some young woman who married her stepfather.

      Delete
  2. I only liked one of my stepfathers, and oddly enough, it was the crackhead one. Beautiful old soul that was caught in a web of addiction.

    My sister tried to get my dad to kick my stepmom to the curb. He wasn't having it though. I loved that woman to her last dying breath. I actually moved in with her after my dad passed away. She always treated me as one of her own. It was a real blessing to have two women to call mama growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how many husbands has momma had???
      My momma considered our grandpa her father even though he was my grandmother's second husband. We also considered him our grandpa as he was with us from the day we were born and we buried him as well some five years ago in our family grave where grandma and my father lie too.

      Delete
  3. 5. She loves the men, she just doesn't love them for long lol. She always had a knack for picking the losers.
    That's nice that you had a constant grandfather figure in your life, even if he wasn't blood related. I have a lot of aunts and uncles by marriage in our family that aren't blood related, and some are even divorced out of the family, that I will always say are my aunt and uncle because they are who we grew up knowing and loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, she certainly has had her fun then :)
      I wouldn't call him a grandfather figure, as I've never had a parental nor grandparental one in my life, but he was a nice man, that's true. He drunk a lot because granny never really loved him as he was her worker before they married.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.