Wednesday, July 12, 2023

SEE THE WINTER KING ARTHURIAN TV SERIES TRAILER WITH IAIN DE CAESTECKER AND MGM PLUS AIR DATE!

 FIRST THE WINTER KING  
TRAILER FROM NEW SERIES  
MGM Plus has released first trailer from their upcoming TV series adaptation of Bernard Cornwell’s Warlord Chronicles and also some new character photos from the new show. THE WINTER KING will start August 20th on MGM Plus and it will also air later this year on ITVX in UK. In will also stream on Stan in Australia from August 21st!
  THE TEN PART SERIES
 is following Arthur Pendragon as he evolves from outcast to legendary warrior and leader. It is set in the 5th century long before Britain was united. In a land ofwarring factions and tribes when the world was brutal and lives were often fleeting. Iain De Caestecker stars as a young Arthur, who begins as an exiled bastard before becoming the greatest hope for Britain. Stuart Campbell is Derfel who transforms from left-for-dead orphan to the truest of all warlords. Ellie James is Nimue a priestess saved by Merlin because she can see the gods - he gives her power, wisdom and learning. Eddie Marsan is Uther, High King of all Dumnonia, old and battle tested. He commands incredible authority, over almost all, bar Merlin. Nathaniel Martello-White is Merlin, a politician, powerful, enlightened, and absolute. Fearless in the face of a King’s wrath he follows his connectionto his Gods in all things. Daniel Ings is Owain one of Arthur’s closest childhood friends and like a son to High King Uther. Valene Kane is Morgan, Arthur’s half-sister and another bastard child of King Uther. She is asharp-tongued and independent minded pagan and student of Merlin. Simon Merrells is Gundleus, King of rival kingdom Siluria. Imposing and savage, Gundleus is prepared to slaughter whoever he needs to secure power.

10 comments:

  1. I think we will just stay with Netflix...have never heard of MGM...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez, Angie, I have been mentioning it for years now LOL It was previously known as Epix and now they have switched into MGM Plus. They have a lot of historical shows like SAS Rogue Heroes, Domina, Belgravia, and now this too.

      Delete
  2. I could probably watch this but I don't have this channel. Maybe one day it'll be on Netflix or Amazon prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but I think MGM Plus has its channel on Amazon.

      Delete
  3. Idk about this one. How many times can we rework the story of King Arthur? I'm over the story honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my comment was lost. Maybe that is not too sad a thing because I was partly moaning about the awful 2011 Camelot (Morgan Le Fay did NOT have a French accent) but that wasn't the only thing I didn't like. I quite liked the BBC's Merlin even if it was a bit silly sometimes (and Morgana had an Irish accent). My point was that I'm not against a GOOD adaptation of the Arthurian legend. We're a bit short of myths in the UK - well England anyway - the Welsh have The Mabinogian and there are sundry Scots tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not mention Camelot, I still have nightmares from that garbagefest. Did you

      Delete
  5. Well I didn't actually have nightmares but if a series isn't working for me I jump ship pretty early and did so with this. I've seen Jamie Campbell-Bower in other things though I didn't really like him as Arthur. There was a lady who wrote a criticism of it in The Guardian who was an absolute hoot. Valene Kane was in The Fall but I can't remember which part she played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not venture further than two or three episodes either as far as I remember,but I try not to....

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.