Saturday, July 15, 2023

EMILIA CLARKE & CHIWETEL EJIOFOR ARE HAVING A BABY IN A POD IN THE POD GENERATION SF SATYRE MOVIE TRAILER

   THE POD GENERATION  
SF COMEDY MOVIE TRAILER 
The film is out in cinemas next month
Dark days are looming ahead us, spylings, with the writers' strike now in its third month and actors guild joining them as of yesterday. We will probably have even less news but I will try to always dig something up for you as much as I can. Today, I have for you a trailer for THE POD GENE- RATION sf comedy movie which arrives August 11th! You can check out the trailer below and tell us what you think, would you have a baby in a pod to avoid stopping your career?
 
  THE STORY OF THE FILM
 follows New York couple Rachel (Emilia Clarke) and Alvy (Chiwetel Ejiofor), who are ready to start a family. But rather than having a baby the old-fashioned way, they embrace the benefits of living in a glossy sci-fi future: they land a coveted spot at the Womb Center, which offers detachable, artificial wombs (pods) that will let them share pregnancy on equal footing. The problem? The Womb Center is solely Rachel's idea. Alvy, a botanist who loathes the way AI tech is replacing the natural world, only agrees for Rachel's sake. But whatever his doubts about growing a baby, his love for Rachel is absolute — and so begins their complex journey of starting a family with pods. The film was both written and directed by Sophie Barthes who premiered the movie at Sundance Film Festival.

10 comments:

  1. Rachel sounds ridiculous to me...want to be a mom, but not willing to carry the baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is easier if a pod does it for you LOL so much more convenient. Never asked you if you have kids, Angie?

      Delete
  2. Watching this made me feel a little uneasy if I'm honest but it might be interesting viewing. I wonder why they used fake Americans (i.e. British actors) for the married couple. I'm British so I don't begrudge my fellow countrymen/women getting a chance to strut their stuff but there are loads of gifted American actors and actresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No different than the celebs who want a baby but don't want to ruin their body in the process so they use a surrogate. I suppose this would take out of the equation a nutjob who thought because she carries the baby it is hers, as has happened before. With that said, the trailer failed to interest me, so I'll pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the emotions are different when you carry a baby or get it through a surrogate.

      Delete
    2. I can't imagine it being any different. That would be like saying that a father can't love or have the same emotions towards a child as much as a mother because he didn't carry it. We know that's not true. Same for adoptive parents. They certainly can love those children as much as their own.

      Delete
    3. I don't know, I have a feeling she won't be as attached to the baby as she would have been if she grew it inside herself.

      Delete
  4. It's an interesting idea. I know when I was a kid and I heard the term test tube baby, I thought it meant that there was a large test tube in the lab somewhere and there was full grown babies being developed in these glass tubes. LOL

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.