Wednesday, July 19, 2023

SEE MICHAEL DOUGLAS AS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN IN APPLE'S NEW HISTORICAL BIOPIC TV SERIES

  1ST FRANKLIN PHOTOS  
FROM APPLE'S NEW SERIES
Today you can check out first images of Michael Douglas in Apple's new historical series FRANKLIN which explores the story of one of the greatest gambles of Benjamin Franklin’s career. At age 70, without any diplomatic training, Franklin convinced France – an absolute monarchy – to underwrite America’s experiment in democracy. By virtue of his fame, charisma, and ingenuity, Franklin outmaneuvered British spies, French informers, and hostile colleagues, all while engineering the Franco-American alliance of 1778 and the final peace with England of l783. The eight-year French mission stands as Franklin’s most vital service to his country, without which America would not have won the Revolution. Ludivine Sagnier, Daniel Mays, Eddie Marsan, Jeanne Balibar and Noah Jupe also star.

11 comments:

  1. I quite like Michael Douglas. Still remember his role as a young detective in The Streets of San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was such a long time ago! I much prefer his wife to him.

      Delete
  2. Apple is definitely getting into the period drama arena, , but I wonder if it can pull it off now, with actors and writers on strike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one has been shot long time ago, like last year, deary! I think it is ready for airing. Some of the show can continue shooting if they have contracts in UK where strike is forbidden LOL But I imagine that most US shows will have their actors refusing to shoot while the strike is on! We do have some shows ready, though, some that have been years in production. I do hope they will end the strike soon, how can they let it continue?

      Delete
  3. As someone else said I watched The Streets of San Francisco a long time ago and that's when I realized how much I liked him as an actor. I also watched his father and some of the old westerns back when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will enjoy this one then as well!

      Delete
  4. I do think Douglas will make a good Franklin. I did visit the grave a few years back, but only got to see it from the sidewalk as it was one of the cemeteries you have to pay an admission fee to get into. I do remember his grave being littered with coins but don't recall why. I'll have to go Google that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder who takes those coins and gets rich LOL

      Delete
    2. The government, probably. I bet the groundskeepers pocket a few here and there too.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.