Thursday, December 7, 2023

SEE KEELEY HAWES AS JANE AUSTEN'S SISTER IN MISS AUSTEN PERIOD SET SERIES FROM PBS MASTERPIECE

  MISS AUSTEN TV SERIES  
FIRST IMAGE WITH KEELEY HAWES
A year ago I told you that PBS Masterpiece is preparing mini series MISS AUSTEN and now we have the first image with Keeley Hawes as Jane Austen's sister Cassandra who burned Jane’s letters after her death. Rose Leslie plays Cassandra’s friend Isabella, who is about to lose her home after her father’s death. Cassandra wants to help her, but she also wants to find a stash of her late sister Jane’s private letters that could ruin Jane’s reputation if they came out.  Finding a way to guide Isabella towards true happiness, Cassandra is finally able to understand and celebrate the sacrifices she chose to make for her sister, Jane. Jessica Hynes, Alfred Enoch, Calam Lynch, Phyllis Logan, Kevin McNally and Max Irons also star. The four part drama will also air on BBC in UK.

6 comments:

  1. I don't trust the BBC. I imagine the big secret would be that Jane Austen was a lesbian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would not surprise me if she was.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't be surprised either, but for over a hundred years they have been looking for proof and they haven't found a single possible lover for Miss Austen. I believe in this adaptation they will create a certain Isabella to fill in that gap.

      Delete
    3. I will be glad to see Enoch and Lynch and Keeley on the small screens.

      Delete
  2. Keeley is one of my favorites, probably up there with Emily Blunt. I’d watch this simply because she’s in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I will watch it even though I generally cannot stand Austen.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.