Saturday, December 23, 2023

CATCH 17TH CENTURY SET HISTORICAL COMEDY SERIES 1670 ON NETFLIX THIS DECEMBER

   1670 NETFLIX SERIES   
A PERIOD SET MOCKUMENTARY
If you are looking for something period set to watch this festive weekend, and do not mind if it is something unusual, from December 13th available for streaming over at Netflix is Polish mockumentary satirical comedy television series 1670 which has the story set in that year. 
 
THE SERIES FOLLOWS
 the pursuits of Jan Paweł Adamczewski (Bartlomiej Topa), the Sarmatian head of a noble family in Adamczycha in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth during the 17th century. This zany nobleman contends with family feuds and clashes with peasants in his quest to become the most famous person in Poland. The series has eight half hour episodes. Check out the trailer below and tell us what you think, will you watch it?

12 comments:

  1. Not really something we would watch in holiday season...but why not since I do enjoy satirical comedy. We are actually rewatching The Sopranos these days. Have a blessed and merry X'mas, Dezzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am watching Hannah Waddinghams Holiday special tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. In order to enjoy satire, you have to know the real story that is mocked, and most people know nothing of this disastrous (historians call it The Deuge) century in Polish history. The fact that it is in English...and Netflix? No, I'll pass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and I tend not to be interested in Polish history as I always have a feeling they manipulate a lot with it, especially when it comes to the Ruskies. Poles to me are like Croats to Serbs.

      Delete
  3. ....things, dammit :) Happy Holidays, Dezzmeister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working ones for me as usual, hope you are spending yours in bed with the missus.

      Delete
  4. Everything Malena said. I am not up to date on that period of Polish history, so I think the joke would go right over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is very funny either way.

      Delete
    2. i guess none of us will be watching it. By the way, Gattocito, Poles are always evil in Russian period drama, but I don't see the reverse in Polish customers. I'm watching Third Season of War Girls, and so far they have thrice mentioned Soviets and never in a negative way.

      Delete
    3. Then that is a very rare example, they do hate Russians both in their films and books, but the blood between them has such a long history, they were both evil towards each other in some parts of history. I will actually have something Polish probably on Sunday or maybe sooner depends on the materials I will have this week.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.