Friday, December 8, 2023

TOM BLYTH TO LEAD ERNEST HEMINGWAY FAREWELL TO ARMS WW1 MOVIE ADAPTATION HELMED BY MICHAEL WINTERBOTTOM

   TOM BLYTH TO LEAD  
FAREWELL TO ARMS ADAPTATION
A new adaptation of Ernest Hemingway's seminal classic FAREWELL TO ARMS is in works under the helm of legendary Michael Winterbottom and it seems he has already found his lead in Billy the Kid star Tom Blyth. He will play volunteer ambulance driver Frederic Henry, who is wounded and falls in love with his nurse in Italy during World War One in the movie inspired by Hemingway’s own experiences as a volunteer ambulance driver with the Italian Army on the Isonzo Front. It is yet to be revealed who will take the female lead.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh this is such a sad story. I understand that it is too short to turn it into a miniseires. I'm glad they are having a remake since the last adaptation was made in the 50s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear there were a lot of adaptations mostly with big stars.

      Delete
  2. I’ll be adding this one to this list. I never watched Billy the Kid but Tom Blythe is cute. I hope they find a nice female lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he is a lead star material, though, but we shall see.

      Delete
    2. I don't think I've seen him act, or if I have, it wasn't memorable. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he'll surprise us.

      Delete
    3. Fingers crossed, he just does not have an appearance for a star, like Adam Driver for example or Austen Butler.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.