Friday, December 1, 2023

ITVX PICKS UP GREECE SET SO LONG, MARIANNE TV SERIES ON THE LOVE BETWEEN LEONARD COHEN AND HIS MUSE

 SO LONG, MARIANNE SERIES 
PICKED UP BY ITVX IN UK
ITVX will be streamer in United Kingdom to stream new Norwegian series SO LONG, MARIANNE that tells the legendary love story of Canadian singer and poet Leonard Cohen (Alex Wolff), and his muse Marianne Ihlen(Thea Sofie Loch Næss) who inspired the titular song. It’s an intimate tale of two lonely people falling in love during a period of their life when they are trying to figure out who they are and their place in the world, while one is becoming one of the most famous singers of all time. Anna Torv, Noah Taylor and Peter Stormare also star. Ben Lloyd Hughes plays Allen Ginsberg.
 
THEIR STORY 
 crosses the world, travelling from Norway to Greece, New York and Montreal, with the majority of the series filmed on the picturesque Greek island of Hydra where they lived during the 1960s. There, they joined legendary Australian novelists Charmian Clift and her husband George Johnston, the matriarch and patriarch of a bohemian group of writers, artists, poets, and outcasts who were exploring a new world of free love, drugs, and artistic freedom, but also experiencing the rivalries and jealousy that accompanied their intense, interwoven lives.
 

17 comments:

  1. Subject is really interesting. Greek musics are so popular here. But i havent seen any Greek film so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a very beautiful story..will we have lots of good music in it too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing yes, if nothing else at least the song used for the title of the movie.

      Delete
  3. Sounds lovely! What a time to be wandering free and falling in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy times! One of my friends is currently down in Greece.

      Delete
    2. Having a wonderful time, I imagine. I'd love to travel there myself.

      Delete
    3. I hear buying a flat there, for example in Thessaloniki, is cheaper than in Belgrade.

      Delete
    4. Well then, you should relocate there and then invite me over for a summer holiday LOL

      Delete
    5. If I tell you you could buy a flat there for an amount that you earn in two or three weekends (that number that you told me once) would you be shocked?

      Delete
    6. Honestly no. I'm on the For the Love of Old Homes facebook group page and I see gorgeous french farmhouses with land or lovely Italian villas that I could basically sell my shitty house for and buy one of their grand homes for just a little more than what I've paid for my home. Alas, I can't convince Jason to move to anywhere in Europe unless it's Ireland.

      Delete
    7. Some of those houses are cheap because they either don't have infrastructure in the village or the closest shop is an hour away LOL When they sell those homes in Italy for one euro, there are so many hidden conditions and the taxes there are terrible, plus you have to use the local repairmen only and they are either bad or crazy expensive. But in Greece, all is normal and you can buy yourself a small flat in the city 20 minutes from the sea for 50 to 100 thousand euro.

      Delete
    8. I just saw a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom flat in Greece on that page today for $110,000 USD. I could sell my home and buy 3 of those! Fresh food, fresh sea air, blue skies... what a dream! BUT, I don't like how close all of the homes are together though. I guess I'd take that home in the Italian countryside for $1 and drive an hour before I reached civilization instead of having neighbors a stone's throw from me. I'd absolutely love to do a fixer upper. Of course, I'd need to find a reputable handy man to walk me through keeping with the history of the home, and if they are crazy, I'm just better off sitting in my home here in the states LOL

      Delete
    9. In Greece, it is all about living close to the neighbours, that is the part of the life there, having someone to talk to every day and share life, they love it. You did always admire how in my city we all have our local little markets, shops, bakers, newstands, schools etc.

      Delete
    10. I think it's charming for a visit, but for me to live that close to people for the rest of my days? I couldn't. I do love all 6 of my neighbors on our court, best ones a girl could ask for, but I am dreaming of the day where I have at least 50 acres between me and my nearest neighbor. As soon as inflation rates level back out to normal, I'm snapping up some land.

      Delete
    11. If they ever get to normal, I have a feeling constant inflation, wars and chaos obviously fit someone who rules us all.

      Delete
    12. Unfortunately, you're right about that.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.