Monday, December 4, 2023

THE NEWSREADER SERIES WITH SAM REID, ANNA TORV GETS THIRD SEASON! ABC SCORES MAJOR FUNDING FOR NEWSREADER AND LADIES IN BLACK SERIES


 THE NEWSREADER TV SERIES 
SEASON THREE CONFIRMED
After huge success of the first season and then great ratings with the second one, best Australian series in last decade THE NEWSREADER is officially getting a third season as well on ABC and on BBC in UK. Starring Sam Red and Anna Torv as the stars of News at Six, the six-part third installment will continue digging behind the indelible images of the 1980s for a compelling, intimate, vital look at an era of great change! The third season will be getting a share of $10 million funding from Screen Australia!

  LADIES IN BLACK TV SERIES
Ladies in Black will have six episodes
It is interesting that part of that massive funding will also go to the new TV series adaptation of Madeleine St John's best selling book The Woman in Black which was previously already adapted into a film with Juliette Binoche back in 2018. The series will be called LADIES IN BLACK and will be telling the story of a group of department store employees in 1959 Sydney. It is set primarily during the Christmas rush period when young school leaver, Lisa, joins the women. The six part series, also done for ABC, will see the women enter the sixties. Miranda Otto, Debi Mazar, Jessica de Gouw lead the cast of the brand new series shot last winter in Australia. 
 

9 comments:

  1. I think I have watched Ladies in Black with Juliette Binoche many years ago...not sure we can watch anything from ABC here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice film. Some of your channels probably air some of ABCs series.

      Delete
  2. I might like that one. I feel like the people shopping at the Christmas season were probably much nicer then than they are during the holidays now. Even I walk around the store and want to punch some of the idiots the season tends to bring out in full force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel the atmosphere in the air even though they opened our Winterfest in the city centre yesterday. I don't even have any Christmas chocolates this year and I am thinking of not decorating the office.

      Delete
    2. I just said that to Jason last night. I asked why it didn't feel Christmas-y anymore? Figured it was because the girls are both adults now and I always loved feeling the magic and wonder as they took in the offerings of the season. Gone are the days of Santa visits, Elf on the Shelf, Downtown parades, and all that jazz. I feel like it's just a countdown until the season is finally over and I can get on with my life again. I hate feeling like a scrooge, but the magic just isn't there for me this year.

      Delete
    3. It has not been there for me even last year, this one even less and we have elections a week ahead of Christmas so that will put us into a depression because the tyrant will set elections for himself again.

      Delete
    4. Oh, election time is definitely not a joyous one, especially when it's already rigged in favor of a tyrant. I feel like nothing has been the same though since all of those Covid lock downs. Everyone is moodier and meaner than ever. Distant even from friends and family. The virus may not have robbed everyone of their lives, but it certainly killed something in all of us whether we got it or not.

      Delete
    5. I imagine that was the plan of those who sent covid onto us, to make people alienate from each other so that they could be ruled solely by the media.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.