Monday, September 17, 2012

FIRST LOOK OF JOEL KINNAMAN IN STUNNING COSTUME FROM "ROBOCOP" REMAKE! KEVIN COSTNER TO PRODUCE LAVISH EPIC FANTASY ADVENTURE SAGA "THE EXPLORERS GUILD" INTO MOVIES AND TV SERIES

As you know HOLLYWOOD SPY is web's biggest central for all things epic and history related, so here's an interesting project in that genre: Kevin Costner will direct and produce the project based on Jon S. Baird's upcoming fantasy saga THE EXPLORER'S GUILD, in which the first book A PASSAGE TO SHAMBALA is to be released in 2014. The project will first include a series of books, then an animated series for TV and then a whole film franchise. Behind the staid rooms of an old world gentlemen's club operates a mysterious organization: THE EXPLORERS GUILD, a clandestine group of adventurers who seek out the places where light gives way to shadow and reason is usurped by myth. The secrets of this unknown world are hidden in mountain ranges and lost in deserts, sunk to the ocean floor and lodged deep beneath polar ice. Their aim is to discover the mysteries that lie beyond the boundaries of the known world. Set against the backdrop of World War I, with Western Civilization spiraling into chaos, the first installment in THE EXPLORERS GUILD series A PASSAGE TO
SHAMBALA, concerns the Guild's quest to find Shambhala, the golden city of Buddhist myth. Each member is driven toward the City for a different reason: one believes that finding it will save his brother's life; another hopes that it will reveal a path to spiritual enlightenment. Some believe the power of the city can be used to restore peace, while others are certain that Shambhala is responsible for bringing mankind to the brink of apocalypse. The search will take us from the Polar North to the Mongolian deserts, through the underground canals of Asia to deep into the Himalayas, before the City finally divulges its secrets and the globe-spanning journey plays out to its startling conclusion.
ROBOCOP COSTUME
And a special cinematic treat given to us this weekend comes from the set of the remake of sf classic ROBOCOP: the first pictures of Joel
Kinnaman in the rather stunning and mindblowing costume of the title character. I must admit I love the costume. Planned to come out to cinemas August 2013, the film is set in the year 2028 with multinational conglomerate OmniCorp at the centre of robot technology. Their drones are winning American bloody wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city
  with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before. The cast also includes Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Abbie Cornish and Jackie Earle Halley.

41 comments:

  1. I've always liked Kevin Costner. Interesting how he obviously does not believe in Botox though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he probably looks better now with the light hair and short modern haircut and stylish outfits than he did before. He's having a revival of the career thanks to that series at HISTORY CHANNEL and his role next year in MAN OF STEEL Superman.

      Delete
    2. Well lemme tell ya, my husband grew up in the heart of Hatfield country, and ain't none of them look anything like the handsome Mr. Costner even on his worst day!!!!!

      Delete
    3. LOL :) Well, I'm guessing celebrity life is good for staying young :)

      Delete
  2. Wish I'd thought up the Explorer's Guild. That would be fun to write.

    And I'm a recent inductee into the Joel Kinneman fan club. I saw him in The Killing and was really wowed by him. He'd be the reason I'd give Robocop a look. I hope he has more projects coming up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such fun, isn't it :)
      I also love me Kinnaman, but I've always had a soft spot for Scandinavians ;)

      Delete
    2. My grandfather came from Sweden, so I have a soft spot for the Scandinavians myself. Got a poll for that category? :))))

      Delete
    3. we had such poll actually :) I think it went together with German and Non-English actors :)

      Delete
  3. I think Costner looks good with that silver hair. The Hubby went all silver a few years ago and let's just say nom nom nom.

    The Explorers Guild looks like a great lot of fun. So many story lines are possible with something like that and then there's the array of leading men that can fill those roles. I have a feeling I'm going to like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, darling, I've always wanted to ask but never had the courage :) When people's hair grows silver, does it grow silver in all parts of the body simultaneously or is it not a parallel process? :) I know that some men can have silver hair and dark moustaches, but what is the situation down under? :)

      Yep, that project should be a fun one if it gets made in the end.

      Delete
  4. Go Kevin! Wow... :D Funny, I mentioned him yesterday, when hubby said when the kids are grown and gone, "lets buy a house on wheels."

    I said, fine as long as I can tote around a Lemon tree like Kevin Costner did in Waterworld.

    YOU know Sal in 'Breaking Bad' kind of resembles him, at certain angles.


    I'm loving the Robocop suit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the future grandkids would love grandparents who storm the country on wheels LOL

      Delete
  5. That costume looks so much like Nolan's version of the Bat suit. I'm curious about this remake though, esp with Keaton as the villain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dezzy - Haven't seen Kevin around in a while. A very handsome older guy.

    The robocop suit it pretty cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robocop remake? Really? I hope it has a ton of unintentionally hilarious scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agreeeing very cool looking! about the Robocop costume b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do like the costume or the armour whatever it is :)

      Delete
  9. I like the sound of The Explorer's Guild. For some reason I immediately imagined a steampunk-esque group like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.


    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  10. robo who? I'm still looking at Costner.... drool....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The The Explorer's Guild sounds like a huge project! I wonder why they are making it animated? Fun fact: Costner showed up at my bachlorette party. He decided to take his family to the same place we ladies were dining and drinking margaritas.

    I like the Robocop suit. It looks tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not totally animated :) First the animated show, and then the real action movies.
      Oooh, that sounds like a memorable bachelorette party :))

      Delete
  12. I think people give Kevin Costner a bad shake. I like his stuff. Yes, even THE POSTMAN and WATERWORLD. That picture of Joel Kinnaman is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm actually excited for Robocop...but don't tell anyone :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nobody will know, only you, me and thousands of our readers :P

      Delete
  14. I love robocop suit Dezz look nice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of The Explorers Guild. The early 20th century is a favorite time period of mine. :) That Robocop costume looks fantstic. So much better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  16. boo and hiss... the robocop looks like one step away from being "the tick"... if he was blue and had antennas. stop making these remakes... the original is what it is... i'd buy that for a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That costume looks so much like Nolan's version of the Bat suit. Interesting how he obviously does not believe in Botox though.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.