Wednesday, September 6, 2023

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON HOTEL PORTOFINO PERIOD SET SERIES SEASON TWO WHICH IS BACK THIS AUTUMN!

   HOTEL PORTOFINO SERIES   
SECOND SEASON BACK OCTOBER
Hotel is open again this October on PBS
Back in January your trusted spy told you that Australian Foxtel and Binge streamers will stream the second season of HOTEL PORTOFINO period set drama earlier than the rest of the world and it really did air there in February and also on Sky in Italy and possibly some other countries, but later this year it is finally coming to PBS in USA and also on their Masterpiece channel on Prime Video, October 15th to be exact. It will air on Sunday nights together with World on Fire series returning season. In UK it should air sometime on ITV but given that they only aired the first season this spring, God only knows when will the six part second season arrive to poor old Brits. In Germany it will be soon on Magenta TV.
 
SET ON THE ITALIAN RIVIERA
 in the 1920s, HOTEL PORTOFINO tells the story of the Ainsworth family that has relocated to Italy to set up a quintessentially British hotel in the beautiful coastal town of Portofino. Amidst the rise of Fascism in Mussolini’s Italy, season two will see Ainsworth family relations reach breaking point and the future of the hotel threatened.New faces and old — some more welcome than others — stir up adventure, romance and drama at the Hotel Portofino. With Cecil eyeing control of the Hotel, Nish moving against Mussolini’s Fascists and Rose and Lucian’s marriage growing more precarious, Bella will have more than tight budgets and grand galas to worry about.
 

WHO'S BACK IN THE HOTEL?
Embracing themes of sexual and social liberation, season two will see Natascha McElhone reprise her role as owner of Hotel Portofino and family matriarch, Bella Ainsworth. Mark Umbers plays her charming but dangerous aristocratic husband, Cecil, Oliver Dench is their handsome son Lucian, Daniele Pecci as the dashing count Albani, and Lily Fraser will return as the hotel’s most famous guest singer-turned-movie star, Claudine Pascal. Assad Zaman is back as Lucian's best friend, the Hindi gay student of medicine. Roby Schinasi has joined the cast as the handsome Victor Michel. Check out the trailer below:
 

18 comments:

  1. This was a bit on the dull side. World on Fire was unbearable . I tried watching it again yesterday and had to turn it off. Hope both series improve on second season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Portofino lacked charm, likeable characters and maybe some hot sex. I would have put Lucien in the bed with his Hindi friend, him being bisex would have spiced things up. Most of the characters in it are just blasted idiots, especially their daughter, and the Fascist just grates my nerves. I also think the daughter should have hot sexual romance with their young servant in the kitchens.

      Delete
  2. Not my kind of show but I'm sure there are others who will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was as boring as Downton Abbey LOL

      Delete
    2. Sorry to butt in, but as a Downtie I have to disagree. You didn’t like DA (I’m sure after only a couple of episodes) and makes sense, it’s not your cup of tea. Portofino is made for Downties but falls flat in its nose like a bad copy, closer to horrid The Halcyon. Downties loved The Abbey for many reasons, only in décor it could resemble Portofino that has gorgeous sights. Even in customs Lord Fellowes production rises above HP. The reason Downties grew to cherish The Crowley from the Abbey, and their servants were characters we (not you) would kill for. I’m re-watching last season and finding this love for these characters even at times I feel like shaking them. I even love new characters (the men that marry the Crowley girls). As you enumerate, Portofino has flat characters that kill it for me. I am going to watch it, and not to laugh like I’m planning to do with World on Fire 2.

      Delete
    3. LOL I thought I was the only one who thought Downton Abbey was boring..can't even finish watching one episode.
      p.s I got the email from google too and am still trying to figure out what the heck that Google-certified CMP is and how to do it....not that I made money from blogging or from google ad., so if it's too much work or too complicated, then I will just leave it. Since Email Sub. from blogger is not longer available, I lost lots of views and comments..

      Delete
    4. @Malena
      I watched the whole first season and did not find a single interesting thread to hold onto LOL I thought the cast was terrible, unlikeable and that the stories were too snobbish and not in a good way, it just lacked any charm. We cannot say it is not my cup of tea as I did love Upstairs Downstairs.

      Delete
    5. @Angie
      it is that little box that pops up when you open sites and ask you whether you accept cookies or not, from January we will all have to have it as English and EU laws demand it, When you go to your Google Adsense dashboard here you will see their instructions how to install it but I am afraid theirs will be ugly and intrusive, I want a small one in the bottom corner of the page not some bigass fugliness LOL

      Delete
    6. It's not that simple Dezzy. You have to first to get a Google-certified CMP from the list, which you have to PAY first. Or they let you try 14 days free...

      Delete
    7. No, I think they have their own too, you can choose others, but you can also choose theirs, Google gives us that option: to let Google publish their own CPM on our blogs, but we have to give them our consent for it. Or we can pay for a CPM from some other platform that they have certified, or the third option is to just no have the message but then we will have ads revenue only from USA, Asia and Africa, not UK and EU.

      Delete
  3. Tsk, I liked Downton Abbey. I haven't watched Hotel Portofino, but when I do get a chance I'll still give it a try even with the negative reviews. If it's on our PBS it's got to be tame and no wild trysts. Can't be upsetting the Christians. Gotta have one channel with shows they won't complain about LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very mild and that is exactly what is wrong with it LOL It needs a bit of wild bedroom romp and nekkid bums. How can one go to Italy and not orgy with everyone in the streets???

      Delete
    2. Hell if I know. If I were single, I know that's what I'd be doing LMAO!

      Delete
  4. For Dezmond
    Surprisingly I was just like you at the end of DA first season. Disliked everyone but Anna. It was at the end of the Second Season that I got to like the characters. Obviously Upstairs Downstairs is better. Has more depth, it’s franker when it comes to sociocultural issues, it’s more challenging of Bellamy’s privileges, but one tiny flaw in Downton Abbey is precisely the absence of snobbery when it comes to the underprivileged. You see more snobbery against middle classes, like with Cousin Matthew, Dr. Clarkson and, one of my favorite episodes, when Dame Nellie Melba comes to sing, and Lord Grantham wants to put her to eat with the servants. But it’s almost incredible how the Crowley’s go out of their way to protect their servants. The best example is how they save Barrows from being dragged to jail for being gay, or how they embrace their son in-law (who used to be the chauffeur) or accept Edith’s baby born out of wedlock. And hating Lady Mary I was moved by her relationship with Anna. In the last season she even takes her to her gynecologist, and Anna has her baby in Mary’s bed. So, unlike selfish Elizabeth abusive friendship with maid Rose in UD. I’m not asking you to watch it, but it would be sad if you would dismiss something (like I did with Mrs. Maisel) just because one season gave you the wrong perception. now, if it bores you, that is another thing.
    And I’m praying for your economic revival. We are also going through tough times. In fact, I asked my brother to celebrate my birthday later this year, when finances are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been terrible, and they are announcing prices going up from October again as the government has given a green light to petrol becoming more expensive. It is beyond me how can it get more pricey than it is now, everything is between 100 and 200 percent more expensive than before and I still get the same money from my publisher as I did ten years ago.

      Delete
    2. I hear you. I wonder what it takes to change this situation. And on top of everything, they threaten your profession with AI. I know because my brother is a legal translator and he's haunted by the possibility of being replaced by a chatbot

      Delete
    3. What it takes? A worldwide revolution, a good old anarchy! Against the capitalist and AI!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.