Tuesday, August 18, 2026

LEAD CAST SET FOR BBC'S TV SERIES ADAPTATION OF POPULAR SF NOVEL MINISTRY OF TIME

     MINISTRY OF TIME   
SERIES SETS CAST OVER AT BBC
More than two years ago I told you that BBC is turning Kaliane Bradley's popular sf novel MINISTRY OF TIME into a six part TV series and now we have the cast: Aoife Hinds (the nepochild of Ciaran Hinds) will star as Sophy and Billy Howle as Commander Graham Gore. The Ministry of time is a newly established government department gathering
The series will have six episodes
‘expats’ from across history in an experiment to test the viability of time-travel. Our heroine Sophy achieves a hard fought promotion in the civil service, only to learn that her role is to help a time traveller acclimatise to the modern world as part of a top secret Ministry programme. Commander Graham Gore is a Victorian polar explorer and one of several ‘expats’ from history who are now part of the Ministry’s extraordinary experiment. The professional friendship between Sophy and Graham develops into an intense forbidden romance that reveals the transporting power of love across centuries, just as the sinister nature of the Ministry’s true intentions increasingly puts them in danger.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wish the cast was a bit more exciting, Aoife really isn't a lead role material, probably got the job due to nepotism.

      Delete
  2. Me gustaira verla. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I am not sure which time I would liike to travel too, probably future, not the past.

      Delete
  4. Not quite sure if it's for me, but definitely something my husband would enjoy it. Hope the weather is nicer and cooler there. We have been having some rain and the temperature has been staying between 16-25C...quite pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are entering the final heat cycle here with 35-40C temps, but it should end next week, allegedly, I am quite tired of it, we finally got a bit of rain after two months yesterday, but it was just a few drops.

      Delete
  5. Idk if this is one that I would enjoy. I would, if given the chance, travel to the future. The past has already been written. I'd like to see the new inventions of the future over dwelling on past history.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.