Thursday, September 7, 2023

ITALIAN RAI PREPARING PERIOD SET SERIES BELCANTO ON THE 18TH CENTURY BIRTH OF OPERA WITH VITTORIA PUCCINI IN THE LEAD

  RAI'S BELCANTO SERIES 
ON THE BIRTH OF OPERA
Italian broadcaster RAI and Lucky Red producers are teaming up on new period set series BELCANTO and have set Vittoria Puccini as the lead. As Deadline reports,
Vittoria Puccini will lead Belcanto cast
set in 1798, it will follow 14-year-old Carolina, her 17-year-old sister Antonia and their mother Maria who seek refuge in the city of Milan after stabbing their violent father to death. The elder sister dreams of becoming a renowned singer, much as her mother once hoped for when she was the girl’s age. However, a well-respected singing teacher discovers that Maria’s youngest is the true talent in the family. The Italian bel canto opera movement flourished in the early 19th century and is exemplified by the operas of Rossini, Bellini, Donizetti and others. Literally “beautiful singing”, bel canto opera derives from the Italian stylistic singing school of the same name. We first informed you about this series back in February last year.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. I trust the RAI, but I wonder who would buy it in America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That production house has worked with Netflix often before, but RAI often works with Sky, so only time will tell, Netflix does like to work with Italy.

      Delete
  2. Hope the older sis doesn't get violent with the younger sis in a jealous rage when she finds out she is less talented than her sibling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How terrible would that be! My brother always secretly hated me for being the only one in the history of our families to have finished college.

      Delete
    2. What's stopping him from going to finish himself? Sibling rivalry is an ugly thing.

      Delete
    3. He did not pass the entrance exam. I don't blame him as parents did not give any effort for him to succeed, but they did not do it with me either. But unlike him I was always left to deal with things on my own, I had to teach myself to write, read etc so I was probably more aware that I have to work hard to succeed myself.

      Delete
    4. You know, I used to get angry that my dad would baby my older sister. He would make sure she always had the latest fashions for school, paid for her car and insurance, and made sure she had spending money. I had to start working at a restaurant at 15 years old just to pay for these things myself which left me tired and burnt out. But, it also taught me that I needed to rely solely on myself. Now I have a nice home, a profitable small business, and a future to look forward to. My sister, on the other hand, just got evicted from her rental home and is living in a warehouse selling crappy Amazon merchandise returns pallets in exchange for shelter. So in essence, crappy treatment early on helped us learn to succeed on our own.

      Delete
    5. Bet she is still doing drugs.

      Delete
  3. She is sexy :-) Gosh, I love her hair..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting that she is now over 40, so I am guessing she will be the mother in the series.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.