Thursday, November 16, 2023

1ST THE NEW LOOK DIOR AND COCO CHANEL TV SERIES IMAGES WITH BEN MENDELSOHN, JULIETTE BINOCHE, JOHN MALKOVICH

 THE NEW LOOK TV SERIES 
ON DIOR AND COCO CHANEL
It will not arrive this year as it is set for February 14th launch at Apple TV Plus, but we have the first images from THE NEW LOOK mini TV series which will revolve around the fashion war between Christian Dior and Coco Chanel, played by Ben Mendelsohn and Juliette Binoche. The series will have a three episode premiere with the rest airing weekly till April. 
 
  THE SERIES IS SET
against he World War II Nazi occupation of Paris, and focuses on the pivotal moment in the twentieth century when the French city led the world back to life through its fashion icon Christian Dior. As Dior rises to prominence with his groundbreaking, iconic imprint of beauty and influence, Chanel’s reign as the world’s most famous fashion designer is put into jeopardy. The interwoven saga follows the surprising stories of Dior’s contemporaries and rivals from Chanel to Pierre Balmain, Cristóbal Balenciaga and more, and provides a stunning view into the atelier, designs and clothing created by Christian Dior through collaboration with the House of Dior. Mendelsohn stars as Christian Dior and Binoche as Coco Chanel, along with Maisie Williams as Catherine Dior, John Malkovich stars as Lucien Lelong, Emily Mortimer stars as Elsa Lombardi and Claes Bang stars as Spatz.
 

8 comments:

  1. I am not interested in luxuries like Chanel or CD since I cannot afford them and these days I usually just buy sport clothes...Juliette Binoche and John Malkovich are excellent actors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree on Binoche, on Malkovich not so much, I find him terribly annoying to watch. It is always interesting seeing the glamour on the screen but also what hides behind building a whole empire. Dior helped the world to return to normalcy after the world by creating beauty again in the ravaged world. It gave people some kind of spark and optimism to continue with life no matter how superficial that sounds.

      Delete
  2. I'm pleased to know that they will also cover the fashion world in Occupied Paris, something that The Collection (which was a disguised Dior biopic) only hinted at. Apparently Apple tv is going for period drama. They had one debuting each month, Lessons in Chemistry in October, The Buccaneers in November, Masters of Air in January, and this on February

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite lovely of them, seems we can count on them to produce some new period set shows in the future, but so far everything has been crap coming from them.

      Delete
  3. I hope this one is filled with glitz and glam. Not that I can afford their styles, I do love seeing them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if we will ever have any designer clothes. I am cheap as hell, so even if I had millions don't think I would give it to them.

      Delete
    2. Same. It boggles my mind when pants cost 4x my monthly mortgage payment. I used to spend $75 on dressy work pants and thought that was a lot! I think I’d rather take a vacation than own super expensive clothes.

      Delete
    3. The most expensive thing I even bought when it comes to clothes are probably my dark violet sneakers which were about 90$ but just because they were new then. I had to have them as all my wardrobe was violet back then. These days I am mostly just navy.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.