Wednesday, March 6, 2024

EMILY BEECHAM, CLEMENCE POESY CAST AS QUEENS IN JAMES NORTON, NIKOLAJ COSTER WALDAU BBC 11TH CENTURY SET TV SERIES KING AND CONQUEROR

 KING AND CONQUEROR SERIES 
ADS EMILY BEECHAM & CLEMENCE POESY
After announcing that Nikolaj Coster Waldau and James Norton will lead their eight part historical series KING AND CONQUEROR playing 11th century figures William, Duke of Normandy, and Harold, Earl of Wessex, respectively, BBC has now revealed that Emily Beecham will play Harold’s wife Edith while Clemence Poésy will be William’s wife Matilda. Edith, who married Harold for love as well as protection, has never fitted into his family but their lives are upended further when he ends up fighting for the English crown. Meanwhile Matilda is devious, ruthless and bloodier than even her male opponents after being raised in the Flemish royal court. The series follows a pair of interconnected family dynasties, struggling for power across two countries and a raging sea. Harold of Wessex and William of Normandy were two men destined to meet at the Battle of Hastings in 1066; two allies with no design on the British throne, who found themselves forced by circumstance and personal obsession into a war for possession of its crown.

10 comments:

  1. Mathilda was one of the greatest rulers of the early Middle Ages. She served as a competent regent of both Normandy and England. Unlike other women of her time and class, she was very involved in the rearing and education of her many children. Why make her the villain of this tale? And why would her evilness be connected to the House of Flanders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because it is a British series and she was their enemy. I vaguely remember her mentioned in many historical books I have read, but she never formed herself independently in my mind and memory. I do much prefer Emily as an actress than Clemence so I am glad Jamesy boo will have her beside him not Poesy.

      Delete
  2. Not something I watch, but I like Clemence Poésy, still remember her in Harry Potter and tv series Tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She often played queens in historical shows especially the French ones.

      Delete
  3. This is a time period I'm not familiar with. Should be an interesting series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another series to add to my list. I'm running out of series to watch lately, so I've had to go back to ticking movies off my queues, which I don't have time for. It takes me like 3 days just to finish a movie anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finishing two this week and will have to start two new next, I already started Murder is Easy Agatha Christie last night and it is very woke. It also made me fall asleep about five times. Says much about the supposed suspense of it....

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's time to ditch that one then. Woke and boring? No thanks.

      Delete
    3. There is nothing to ditch as it has just two eps LOL

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.