Friday, February 19, 2010

MAGGIE Q IS THE NEW NIKITA

"The Hollywood Reporter" has just revealed that mysterious Maggie Q is going to play the title character in the CW's upcoming "Nikita" reboot. She will be the first non-Caucasian actress to play the iconic character, after Anne Parillaud, Bridget Fonda and the most popular Peta Wilson. This also marks the highest-profile series role for an Asian actress on a broadcast drama series and the highest-profile CW minority casting in the network's four-year history.
In the new show Nikita will be trained to replace the original one after she goes rogue.
As you remember, Maggie is also a PETA spokesperson and is active in that field as a vegetarian. So far we've seen her in "Mission Impossible III", "New York I Love You", "Around the World in 80 Days" ... She has a Polish-Irish American father and a Vietnamese mother.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! Maggie Q is one of my "wannabe" Answer's Angels, and I already watch 3 CW shows. This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does seem like your type of lady :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie Q did a lot of Western production these last few years. That's how I heard of her.

    I wouldn't mind for Nikita to be played by Asian actress. Maybe I'll watch this version, although it's not my favorite genre. (I never watched French original, American remake, or TV show).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched both the movie and the show, but I don't really understand why is American audience so obsessed with spy/high tech/detective/police/forensic/CIS shows.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.