Monday, February 1, 2010

ZACHARY QUINTO TO PLAY GEORGE GERSHWIN IN SPIELBERG'S MOVIE

One of the most popular TV stars Zachary Quinto, who has made a successful transmition onto the big screen with his charismatic and stunning portrayal of Spock in last year's blockbuster "Star Trek" is continuing his movie career. According to latest news he has signed on to star in DreamWorks Pictures' upcoming biopic about the American composer and pianist George Gershwin, which might be directed by Steven Spielberg himself.
DreamWorks will provide accent and dialogue coaches for Quinto, and shooting could begin as soon as April.
Gershwin, who passed away suddenly at the age of 38 in 1937 of a brain tumor, composed music for both Broadway and the classical concert hall, as well as popular songs. Many of his songs became jazz standards recorded in numerous variations.

6 comments:

  1. I'm actually really excited by this news. Anything Spielberg will peak my interest, but Quinto seems like an actor with some range, and I look forward to seeing him tackle this role.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I've never liked Spielberg since he's too politically and culturally biased for my taste, and plus his movies tend to be overpathetic, but I do like Zachary a lot, and think such charisma and talent should be used abundantly in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we sure do agree on that one Nat :)) But I will have to disappoint you, if you had any plans of putting your paws on him :)) - according to most gossips he's gay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! :) My hubs is the only man I'll be putting my paws on... the rest are just great eye candy! That is what Quinto is, whether he's straight or gay. (I've heard those rumors too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, at least it seems he has a nice boyfriend, there were some pictures with him and some celebrity stylist spending a day together at the beach :) They looked cute together.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.